Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Khan to Trump: stuff your exception!

questionmark

I don’t have time right now to followup on this so I’ll just throw it out and see if someone else does. But I heard that Khan had his own Rev. Wright and that is beginning to raise questions.

• Like 1

I am saying that Islamophobic rantings and discrimination is not going to lead anywhere. And too bad you voted for him because he does not seem the archetypal British Poodle politician you so much want. Maybe you should have voted for Blair.

I don't live in London --- so I didn't vote for him and if he hadn't been the Labour Mayor candidate he wouldn't have got in anyway --

Don't know if you know this but Blair is more or less a political outcast in Britain - and pretty much despised by the general population -

Re underlined --- and neither is hiding your head in the sand with your fingers crossed, hoping for the best, going to get anywhere either---

• Like 1

I am saying that Islamophobic rantings and discrimination is not going to lead anywhere.

Just because one refuses to bury their head in the sand and might just be critical of the faith doesn’t make it Islamophobic or discrimination. That is just the level your little mind can deal with.

• Like 2

I don't have time right now to followup on this so I'll just throw it out and see if someone else does. But I heard that Khan had his own Rev. Wright and that is beginning to raise questions.

I don't know ---

But stuff like that will be put under the microscope sooner or later - if that is the case -

About time a British politician showed some backbone and told Trump what he thinks. Does Trump deliberately hire idiots to advise him or just make it up as he goes along? I suspect the latter.

As for saying Khan should have just rolled over and been so pathetically grateful to Trump for being generous enough to make an exception: **** that. The facts are: Trump explicitly said he wants to ban all Muslims from entering the US. You can argue all you like about what he means but that's what he said. (Unless you are his personal advisor - might explain a lot)

The decent thing would be for Trump to back down on that, admit it was a ridiculous and insulting idea and make his position clear (if it really is different). As he didn't, the decent thing for any other politician to do is continue to draw attention to, and oppose, divisive, insulting and downright stupid ideas like this.

• Like 3

As for saying Khan should have just rolled over and been so pathetically grateful to Trump for being generous enough to make an exception: **** that.

oh --- who said that - I must have missed it..?

• Like 1

oh --- who said that - I must have missed it..?

Well you, for one, said:

Khan could have calmed it all down - but he didn't -- he added fuel to the fire and that's a shame - his default position and instinct was to defend his religion rather than look at and try to understand why many non muslims have mistrust and suspicion about '''what's going on'''

I chose to interpret that as he should be grateful. I know it's not the words you used but it's what I've decided you meant.

(Ravenhawk logic :tsu: )

P.S. nothing about the rest of the post then..?

Edited by Setton

Well you, for one, said:

I chose to interpret that as he should be grateful. I know it's not the words you used but it's what I've decided you meant.

:rolleyes:

(Ravenhawk logic :tsu: )

P.S. nothing about the rest of the post then..?

mmm rest of the post - well --- it was a bit of a predictable anti-Trump emotional rant wasn't it - that's how I've decided to interpret it anyway -

:innocent:

• Like 1

Khan missed a golden opportunity to show he is more than worthy of the High Office that has been bestowed upon him -

Khan did better than show he could be a good politician, he showed he has principles that include decency and integrity. He didn't miss out on any opportunity.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 1

If the brush fits… If you don’t see it now, just give it a few years. You think the Channel will protect you? And it’s not paranoia; it’s being aware and concerned. I know none of this will change your mind, but when it happens, we’ll all be able to return to such posts like this and lament, why didn’t somebody do anything?

So what's your solution, from someone who is not islamaphobic but still sees some dark plot shared by all Muslims to conquer the world?

I know a lot of Muslims and they must have been trained by Mossad because as far as I can see they are less concerned with spreading Islam and infiltrating the UK's political system and more concerned with getting on with their lives in the UK as British citizens.

It is attitudes like yours that create these hostile divisions, you are just as guilty of spreading hate and hysteria as any western imam.

• Like 2

yea he should have been more specific, should've said ban all immigration to usa, not entering.

but he was talking about flood of refugees like in europe, not forever for all muslims,

Donald-Trump-Calls-For-Complete-Shutdown-Of-Muslim-Immigration.jpg

Why should Khan have done the very British thing to put his head down and wag his tail at the American overlord?

Oh dear, you just likened the new mayor of London to a dog! Have you lost your marbles? I know your attempting to make a point, but you may want to consider a different analogy?

So what's your solution, from someone who is not islamaphobic but still sees some dark plot shared by all Muslims to conquer the world?

There are several possible solutions. But I don’t see it as some dark plot shared by all Muslims as it is the programming in the doctrine. Even the most Moderate of Moderates still carry the seeds of the doctrine. Most reject that concept and so my solution is engagement. Engage them in the greater jihad (of the tongue and ideas). Don’t let them retreat when confronted with the facts. That happens far too often on this forum. The retreat part; there isn’t enough engagement. The only way for true reform is for Muslims to acknowledge their past and make fundamental changes to the doctrine, of which there are many areas from the infallible, semi-divine status of Mohammed to the supremacy of Sharia law over secular law.

I know a lot of Muslims and they must have been trained by Mossad because as far as I can see they are less concerned with spreading Islam and infiltrating the UK's political system and more concerned with getting on with their lives in the UK as British citizens.

So are those that are part of ISIS. They want a better life for their family too. But whether they are ISIS (Salafists) or Moderates (Apostates), they both teach their children from the pages of the same book. As it is with children of Moderates, they will either follow their parent’s take on the doctrine or will hear the call of the true path and will seek Jihad to purify their environment for Allah. What makes this difficult is that this natural. But until real reform is achieved, Islam will never be compatible with any other culture, no matter how hard apostates try.

It is attitudes like yours that create these hostile divisions, you are just as guilty of spreading hate and hysteria as any western imam.

The hostile divisions are already there as created by the Quran. I am merely making people aware. I’m drawing people out of their comfort zone. I’m only guilty of not believing that all we have to do is ignore the facts and this Islamic problem will just go away. I have to turn it around and say that it is people like you that enable the Islamic threat.

• Like 1

I never said he called for a permanent ban, just a ban on all Muslims traveling to the US. That is still a "blanket ban".

Yeah, I know. I just thought I'd put the quote in context for the Folks at Home. Probably a lot of readers here don't read up on the whole story. When both sides pick just bits to focus on, the argument can become heated when what is accused is not what was what happened. We don't know how, when, or for how long, Mr Trump wanted to ban Muslim travel to the US. We only have a blurb that he said. Without specifics it can be argued that this is discriminatory, or it can be argued that it is actually a good idea to increase security of a group with higher then background levels of terrorists and hate groups.

Anyone that has read up on Trump knows that he always goes for the Ludicrous statement first and then negotiates down from there. It is how he does his real estate and how he does his lawsuits, and so on. Make crazy level demands and then slowly move toward the center giving as little as possible. Once a person understands this Mr Trump is easy to figure out regarding all his public statements.

Just today he met up with Speaker Ryan of the House of Representatives, and they started dealing. Speaker Ryan spoke well of Mr Trump after the talks, where as before he had not spoken well of him. Ryan hasn't declared support for Trump yet, but it surely is just a matter of another meeting and leveling out any disagreements. One of the things Ryan was most concerned about was this point about Muslims. So, maybe Trump has already moved away from "all Muslims" and to a new point of bargaining.

• Like 2

Hear hear.

If not a racist then at least stop perpetuating postulations that that are racist in nature , at the very least ~

Oh dear, you just likened the new mayor of London to a dog! Have you lost your marbles? I know your attempting to make a point, but you may want to consider a different analogy?

No, a poodle is a poodle, wherein I have stated that to the contrary of the average British politician he does not behave as such.... which you should have been able to deduce yourself.

If not a racist then at least stop perpetuating postulations that that are racist in nature , at the very least ~

They are racist by culture. It depends on the source, but some "experts" claim up to 25% of Muslims are fundamentalist and subject to radicalization. And some say it is less then 1%. But with 1+ Billion Muslims, even if the Radical Islamists are 1%, that is ten million plus people. And the true number is somewhere in the middle. And being radical isn't necessarily the same as being racist. To be racist all you need to do is think you are better then someone else, which most Muslims do everyday.

Ask a Muslim friend if his religion is the correct religion. Then ask if a follower of Islam is better then a non-follower. You have your predisposition to discrimination right there.

• Like 1

They are racist by culture. It depends on the source, but some "experts" claim up to 25% of Muslims are fundamentalist and subject to radicalization. And some say it is less then 1%. But with 1+ Billion Muslims, even if the Radical Islamists are 1%, that is ten million plus people. And the true number is somewhere in the middle. And being radical isn't necessarily the same as being racist. To be racist all you need to do is think you are better then someone else, which most Muslims do everyday.

Ask a Muslim friend if his religion is the correct religion. Then ask if a follower of Islam is better then a non-follower. You have your predisposition to discrimination right there.

You know what I mean ... as I have already stated on multiple occasions ~ it does not help nor will it ever change anything except for the worse with no solutions in sight ... it is up to the Muslimin and Muslimah ... you make this a War on the Religion then you place their fates in the hands of the Mullahs ~

OK?? And what are those? What do you perceive them to be? Which side is racist in nature?

OK?? And what are those? What do you perceive them to be? Which side is racist in nature?

Never mind ... it doesn't concern you so its none of your business ...

You could change "Muslim" to "Christian" in your sentences above and the meaning of what you say would not change, DC. Any religion is "discriminatory" in it's beliefs - at least to a certain degree. All people of any religious persuasion believe it is "better" to be an adherent of the religion they follow, than not to be.

So, the charge you level at Muslims - that they are "racist" or "discriminatory" - could be said to be itself a prejudiced statement because it levels that charge only against Muslims, whereas it actually applies to people of any religious persuasion.

• Like 2

its pretty funny if you think about it you guys are complaining about Muslims in today's world, but what about the Christians they nearly almost genocide the Native Americans saying that "well were here to save you and turn you into Christians and force you to do our dirty work." Don't forgot also confederates used the bible to justify slavery. Almost all crime in the U.S is committed by Christians and don't forget even Hitler was a christian and said that all the Jews need to be killed because they are the inferior due to what it says to the bible. So if were really going to say which religion is worse its probably Christianity not Islam.

And it's attitudes like this that support those who DO want to conquer the world. Do you actually take time to become informed on Islamic doctrine? Those who perpetually sqwauk about it being *gasp* NOT ALL MUSLIMS! conveniently discount the immense damage that can be accomplished by the dedicated few. 9-11 changed our world for all of us. 19 men with boxcutters and religious fervor accomplished that feat. 19. Care to guess what one man with a simple, gun type fission device could do? Do we in the rest of the non Muslim world OWE those Muslims who are not combatants our apologies for acting against those who would kill us? Apparently you think so. SCREW THAT.
  • Like 1

It's kind of amusing to see people condemning Trump for his bluntness and applauding another politician for "stuff your exception!"

It sounds exactly like something Trump would say.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2