Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Khan to Trump: stuff your exception!

questionmark

And it's attitudes like this that support those who DO want to conquer the world. Do you actually take time to become informed on Islamic doctrine?

Cheap shot there, let me tell you a story. On patrol through a small village that overlooked a stretch of road that was well known for IED placements we stopped for a short break, as we were 30 minutes from our rendezvous but an hour away from actual pickup, and even though we were supposed to be a visible presence, we really didn't want to be too visible, not in such an exposed area.

One of the lads in the platoon, like the spoon that he was had totally drained his canteen. One of the locals, must have noticed this and handed him a mug of water. Now that should have been the end of the story, an act of kindness by a Muslim man for what were technically foreign combatants.

Unfortunately several weeks later on we were on a slightly different route, but passed through that same village, it was almost empty. At the time we had an interpreter, who after some effort managed to ascertain that many of the younger villagers had fled, and the man who had shared his water had been killed in a horrific manner as an example of what cooperation with us Would get.

I now work as a safeguarding social worker Birmingham and have had the unique benefit of seeing pretty much all sides of this issue.

So yes without blowing a trumpet, I would say I am up to speed.

Those who perpetually sqwauk about it being *gasp* NOT ALL MUSLIMS! conveniently discount the immense damage that can be accomplished by the dedicated few. 9-11 changed our world for all of us. 19 men with boxcutters and religious fervor accomplished that feat. 19.

Right, so what is your point? I mean seriously, what is your solution, if you were supreme dictator of the west what would you order your almost limitless resources to do, declare war on all Muslims? Follow trumps suggestion and build a big wall? That damage is not forgotten, but what is is that it is not exclusive to Muslims, I mean every time a kid goes rampant in a school with daddy's gun or some right wing idiot feels so empowered he assaults a school trip should we then assume all Caucasian males aged 15 - 30 are a threat and what?

Care to guess what one man with a simple, gun type fission device could do?

Having been through NBC drill multiple times I have a good idea, but then can you guess where the likelihood of any form of nuclear attack may come from? I'll tell you this, it's not from a brigade of religious extremists.

Do we in the rest of the non Muslim world OWE those Muslims who are not combatants our apologies for acting against those who would kill us? Apparently you think so. SCREW THAT.

What is this 'non-Muslim' world you speak of, I don't remember it being freedom of religion, excluding Islam. I would suggest that yes, due to some appalling foreign policy decisions, bad leadership, a few hundred lies, and some equally misguided covert intelligence campaigns, an apology is at some point going to be due.

Does the average joe owe an apology? Of course they don't, and your average Muslim would not expect an apology for any action taken against these terrorists. I am unclear here what you are saying, other than stating you believe that either all Muslims are fundamentally evil people indoctrinated to conquer the world, or that a few Muslims are evil people that want to conquer the world and therefore all Muslims should be held to account. It certainly sounds like you feel that YOU are OWED an apology by ANY Muslim.

I do recognise there is a problem, and I don't pretend to know what the solution is, but I do claim to know what the solution isn't. And I think you are very close to it.

• Like 4

Hardly any monstruos act comited by terrorists goes by without ppl asking for an appology from muslims like me. But, funny and strange, the same ppl do not ask muslims like jihady john for an appology. Strange, really strange.

Hardly any monstruos act comited by terrorists goes by without ppl asking for an appology from muslims like me. But, funny and strange, the same ppl do not ask muslims like jihady john for an appology. Strange, really strange.

Might be difficult. He was killed last year...

• Like 1

I wondered how Khan got elected until this article: http://www.trtworld.com/in-depth/london-mayoral-election-the-odd-one-out-106289

These paragraphs stood out to me;

"Why is this interesting? Well, at a time when many politicians - such as Marine Le Pen in France and Donald Trump in the US - appear to be gaining support off the back of anti-Muslim sentiment, for some reason the people of London decided not to reward what critics saw as a similiar approach.

While in recent years in the West the notion of multiculturalism and cohesion between minority groups - particularly Muslims - and the majority has come under increasing attack, Khan's victory seems to stand as a counter-example showing that there is no reason to think such integration is impossible.

In a city with hundreds of different ethnic communities, the election was remarkable in the sense that the only real role ethnicity and religion played was in the backlash against attempts to make them an issue."

What is the Indonesian jihadist recruitment rate? I figure the most populous Muslim country must be sending hundreds of thousands of people around the world, if there was some mass Islamic warfare going on. Either my media sources are more isolated than I thought, or that's not the case. Indonesian terrorists seem to operate mostly in Indonesia against other Muslims and tourists, if a couple of very nonscholarly Google searches are any indication. I freely admit I know virtually nothing about Indonesian politics, but I seem to recall the president taking a trip to Europe recently. Did that develop into anything?

My point being, I see absolutely no signs of a widespread Islamic conspiracy. There are fundamentalist theocratic regions with a ton of influence, but they are not the entire Muslim world. To painfully contort this back so it has at least some relevance to the thread title, when was the last time Trump mentioned non-Middle Eastern Muslim nations?

• Like 3

...To painfully contort this back so it has at least some relevance to the thread title, when was the last time Trump mentioned non-Middle Eastern Muslim nations?

Just a stretch, but I think I think that (at least) two of Trump's biggest failings are in the fields of religion and geography.

• Like 1

This just in:

"He doesn't know me, hasn't met me, doesn't know what I'm all about. I think they were very rude statements and, frankly, tell him I will remember those statements," Trump said. "They are very nasty statements."

Trump denied he was "at war" with Khan.

"I just think it's very rude of him. In fact it's the opposite," he said. "I wished him well when I heard he won, he's a Muslim, I think it's ignorant for him to say that."

Khan's office said American voters would reject Trump's views.

"Sadiq has spent his whole life fighting extremism, but Trump's remarks make that fight much harder for us all -- it plays straight into the extremists' hands and makes both our countries less safe," his office said in a statement.

When reminded Khan has described Trump as ignorant, Trump shook his head and said: "Let's do an IQ test."

The mayor's office rejected the idea, saying "ignorance is not the same thing as lack of intelligence."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/trump-says-he-expects-poor-relationship-with-u-k-pm-1.2903511

This just in:

"He doesn't know me, hasn't met me, doesn't know what I'm all about. I think they were very rude statements and, frankly, tell him I will remember those statements," Trump said. "They are very nasty statements."

"I just think it's very rude of him. In fact it's the opposite," he said. "I wished him well when I heard he won, he's a Muslim, I think it's ignorant for him to say that."

"Sadiq has spent his whole life fighting extremism, but Trump's remarks make that fight much harder for us all -- it plays straight into the extremists' hands and makes both our countries less safe," his office said in a statement.

When reminded Khan has described Trump as ignorant, Trump shook his head and said: "Let's do an IQ test."

The mayor's office rejected the idea, saying "ignorance is not the same thing as lack of intelligence."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/trump-says-he-expects-poor-relationship-with-u-k-pm-1.2903511

I struggle to find any endearing qualities for trump. My wife watches the U.S. Celebrity apprentice show religiously and I cannot stand the guy flanked by his kids, I struggle to find a more coherent example of entitlement and nepotism, as they stand in judgement of those contestants, it is a cringeworthy show.

My wife is now complaining that if he is elected president that will see the end of the apprentice show, so the opposition tactics are very simple. Let the people know how unlikely it is for a president to be able to continue the apprentice show. Guaranteed to lose him millions of votes.

• Like 1

I struggle to find any endearing qualities for trump. My wife watches the U.S. Celebrity apprentice show religiously and I cannot stand the guy flanked by his kids, I struggle to find a more coherent example of entitlement and nepotism, as they stand in judgement of those contestants, it is a cringeworthy show.

My wife is now complaining that if he is elected president that will see the end of the apprentice show, so the opposition tactics are very simple. Let the people know how unlikely it is for a president to be able to continue the apprentice show. Guaranteed to lose him millions of votes.

It is the end of The Apprentice show anyway. Trump got fired.

• Like 2

Give me Mr Trump over the Islamist-sympathising Khan any day of the week.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 2

I wondered how Khan got elected until this article: http://www.trtworld....-one-out-106289

These paragraphs stood out to me;

"Why is this interesting? Well, at a time when many politicians - such as Marine Le Pen in France and Donald Trump in the US - appear to be gaining support off the back of anti-Muslim sentiment, for some reason the people of London decided not to reward what critics saw as a similiar approach.

While in recent years in the West the notion of multiculturalism and cohesion between minority groups - particularly Muslims - and the majority has come under increasing attack, Khan's victory seems to stand as a counter-example showing that there is no reason to think such integration is impossible.

In a city with hundreds of different ethnic communities, the election was remarkable in the sense that the only real role ethnicity and religion played was in the backlash against attempts to make them an issue."

Khan got elected by the Muslim vote, in the same way that Islamist-supporting anti-Semites always win in the Islamic Republic of Bradford West.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 2

Trump called for a blanket ban on any Muslim being permitted into America.

You can hear him say it here.

Yeah, for a limited time only, similar to how the British Government imposed a temporary ban on Irish people travelling to Britain at the height of the Irish Republican campaign.

• Like 2

A breakdown from the 2011 Census:

https://en.wikipedia...don#2011_Census

Those figures will likely have changed since 2011 though, with further countries being granted free movement in 2014 (Bulgaria and Romania) and the migrant crisis currently engulfing Europe.

As far as I understand the voting rules, more or less anyone living in London from Britain, the EU and Commonwealth countries are eligible to vote.

But you have no idea how many of those foreigners voted in the mayoral election.

PLENTY of prominent Muslims have spoken out against extremism and ISIS. Just do a bit of reading.

I know a lot of non-Muslims, and not a single one is "paranoid about the Islamic agenda". Don't tarnish others with your little Englander brush.

The term "Little Englander" is a disgusting term used by the anti-English bigots.

It was originally used to describe any person who was against the British Empire, but has sadly since been hijacked by anti-English racists to describe any person who is proud of England and their Englishness and who maybe doesn't follow the nefarious PC agenda. When an idiot calls someone a "Little Englander", the term is being used to conflate being English with being racist, as though the two are one and the same. Not only that, but the person being called a " Little Englander" is usually the one who is winning the argument.

Put it this way, if you went to Ireland and called someone a "Little Irelander" they'd probably just smack you in the teeth.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 2

This just in:

In Trump's case it might well be.

• Like 1

Khan did better than show he could be a good politician, he showed he has principles that include decency and integrity. He didn't miss out on any opportunity.

decency and integrity...?

what about shallow hypocrisy...

Remember the saying 'sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me..'

well Khan strongly supports Hilary Clinton for president and she has responsibility for being involved in the killing and displacing of VAST numbers of muslims (Libya / Syria) and helping to destabilize the Middle East - which is the main reason for the migrant crisis in Europe today -

Never mind that though --- Trump SAID something that Khan didn't like... so he wants to help her become President ---

http://www.independe...024841.html Â

Sadiq Khan has offered to help Hillary Clinton defeat Donald Trump

• Like 4

It's kind of amusing to see people condemning Trump for his bluntness and applauding another politician for "stuff your exception!"

It sounds exactly like something Trump would say.

As far as I can see - it was only Questionmark who used the words ''stuff your exception'' - perhaps he is more Trump like than he realizes - - :D

• Like 1

As far as I can see - it was only Questionmark who used the words ''stuff your exception'' - perhaps he is more Trump like than he realizes - - :D

quite my dear, just that I know that I would not be suited for Prezz, to the contrary of a certain other cuthless individual.

All a misunderstanding.

'Stuff' is Left speak for 'thank you very much' usually accompanied by a roast dove, stuffed into hard boiled ostrich egg, stuffed into a lizard, stuffed into a camel.

Trump is a dick for thumbing his nose at an ancient recipe.

Let's see, the last person that got mouthy about Trump ended up apologizing and even inviting him over for a visit: Vicente Fox. Although, I'd be cautious with that invitation especially after hearing about all the tourist being killed there (3 Americans just recently in Acapulco). So let's see how this exchange ends up...

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/05/vicente-fox-apologizes-trump-222842

• Like 1

Fox didn't really apologize. He did but then reiterated his previous stance to other news orgs after that.

Mexico is so corrupt. Why do folks still give their tourist dollars to such a corrupt nation...Canada is safer, cleaner...not a lot of kidnappings or headless bodies.

• Like 3

Fox didn't really apologize. He did but then reiterated his previous stance to other news orgs after that.

Mexico is so corrupt. Why do folks still give their tourist dollars to such a corrupt nation...Canada is safer, cleaner...not a lot of kidnappings or headless bodies.

I'll say this: Canada has an awesome Metal scene going on there! I would've loved to have been at the Basement Metal Fest that was in Toronto last month!!

Yeah, for a limited time only, similar to how the British Government imposed a temporary ban on Irish people travelling to Britain at the height of the Irish Republican campaign.

"Limited" and "indefinite" are not synonymous.

According to his statement, Trump's "Muslim ban" may become permanent if the US govt never "gets a handle" on the threat of extremist violence.

It's kind of amusing to see people condemning Trump for his bluntness and applauding another politician for "stuff your exception!"

It sounds exactly like something Trump would say.

Honestly, I don't see anyone in this thread "condemning Trump for his bluntness", but I do see a lot of people condemning Trump for his apparent bigotry. You are aware they aren't the same things, right?

• Like 3