Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Cyborg artist' is able to feel earthquakes

UM-Bot

Moon Ribas can feel every earthquake on the planet through a special seismic sensor implanted in her arm.

The 30-year-old dancer has joined a growing number of people who have had devices embedded in their bodies in order to pick up extra-sensory information that everyone else is oblivious to.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/294496/cyborg-artist-is-able-to-feel-earthquakes

The implant in Ribas' arm is connected up to a smartphone app which receives information from geological monitoring stations around the world and converts that in to physical sensations. - See more at: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/294496/cyborg-artist-is-able-to-feel-earthquakes#sthash.6TtmOMSe.dpuf

So its not as if she feels it first to be able to warn anyone...the monitoring stations are already on it.

What is the purpose of this?

I am sure those who are actually there at the time of an earthquake and are having their lives turned upside down, likely losing loved ones and wondering where they are going to live next, would not give a rats behind what she is feeling.....miles away.

• Like 1

The implant in Ribas' arm is connected up to a smartphone app which receives information from geological monitoring stations around the world and converts that in to physical sensations. - See more at: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/294496/cyborg-artist-is-able-to-feel-earthquakes#sthash.6TtmOMSe.dpuf

So its not as if she feels it first to be able to warn anyone...the monitoring stations are already on it.

What is the purpose of this?

I am sure those who are actually there at the time of an earthquake and are having their lives turned upside down, likely losing loved ones and wondering where they are going to live next, would not give a rats behind what she is feeling.....miles away.

Some people have fetishes.

So, she feels every earthquake? Or just the ones above a certain magnitude? If it's every quake, her arm would literally never stop twitching.

It's for the thrill of saying ''I can feel earthquakes and other people don't!!''.

Well, it would be more impressive if she could do it with the power of her mind, not a microchip implant in her arm.

Edited by TruthSeeker_

Some people have fetishes.

Are you sure the sensor is on her arm?

• Like 1

While this is certainly on the higher scale of "weird", I took the time to view her video presentation, so her activities, for me, are much more in total context now.

Doesn't necessarily make it less weird, but does help explain her fascination with "exo-sensing"