Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man can run 350 miles non stop!

seeder

be hard to catch this guy if he stole your handbag :lol:

'Super-human' marathon runner Dean Karnazes can jog 350 miles without stopping thanks to a rare genetic condition

Dean Karnazes has never had a cramp despite running hundreds of miles

The 53-year-old has a rare condition which allows his body to rapidly flush lactic acid from his system - before it builds up in his muscles

It's allowed him to compete in the toughest endurance races in the world

He has completed fifty marathons in fifty states in fifty states in 2006

Karnazes also ran a marathon to the South Pole in temperatures of -13F

He sprinted 350 miles in just 80 hours and 44 minutes without sleep

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3588109/Super-human-marathon-runner-Dean-Karnazes-jog-350-miles-without-stopping-thanks-rare-genetic-condition.html#ixzz48dnHocoG

• Like 4

We have trains and buses here in Britain that couldn't do that.

• Like 4

Get outta here, that's nothing !

73d79afd9509fb251ba3bae70493684e.jpg

If he has a rare condition which gives him an advantage over others, is it fair that he can compete in marathons?

Just asking, personally I think the man is pretty cool, if the scientists can clone this condition or do whatever they do in their Frankenstein labs, we could see super humans bopping all over the joint.

I would like to bop like him.

• Like 3

WOW! This is so incredibly STUNNING and awe-inspiring! I never knew that a human could run NON-STOP for 80 hours up to 350 miles!! Of course, he would have to drink lots of water and eat on the run and pee and crap in his pants to avoid stopping.

• Like 1

Has a rare condition that prevents blistered feet too ? Something odd here.

WOW! This is so incredibly STUNNING and awe-inspiring! I never knew that a human could run NON-STOP for 80 hours up to 350 miles!! Of course, he would have to drink lots of water and eat on the run and pee and crap in his pants to avoid stopping.

Id imagine he would take a short toilet stop....its hardly the same as a good rest tho, is it?

Now that is a piece of genetic code that needs to be isolated, stored and become part of the standard package of genetic enhancements once that technology is developed.

• Like 1

Now that is a piece of genetic code that needs to be isolated, stored and become part of the standard package of genetic enhancements once that technology is developed.

Maybe there are downsides, like you can't stop running !

ever heard of the Tarahumara Indians?

A recent National Geographic study (Nov. 2008) states: "When it comes to the top 10 health risks facing American men, the Tarahumara are practically immortal: Their incidence rate is at or near zero in just about every category, including diabetes, vascular disease, and colorectal cancer...Plus, their supernatural invulnerability isn't just limited to their bodies; the Tarahumara have mastered the secret of happiness as well, living as benignly as bodhisattvas in a world free of theft, murder, suicide, and cruelty."

So what is the Tarahumara story and what can we learn from them? How can we use their history as an example for our own primal living? For some they may not be an example of what is considered primal, but they are one of the closest we can find in today's world.

https://en.wikipedia...ámuri_people

do watch, just ten mins

Edited by seeder

Are we born to run? Interesting Ted talk, reference the Tarahumara Indians.... short vid, good watch

4 nights with no sleep

Baby we were born to run

350 miles in 80 hours is a little less then 4.5 miles per hour. Which is pretty amazing, but not a "sprint". That is a moderate jog. Perhaps he walked half and sprinted half.....

350 miles in 80 hours is a little less then 4.5 miles per hour. Which is pretty amazing, but not a "sprint". That is a moderate jog. Perhaps he walked half and sprinted half.....

It is pretty remarkable if true.

• Like 1

I didn't read the full article, but I guess he carried food and water with him? I also wonder about potty breaks. I can't believe he held his bladder that long.

forest gump