Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
seeder

World's first artificially intelligent lawyer

seeder

There goes any legal compassion....

Your AI lawyer will see you now: IBM's ROSS becomes world's first artificially intelligent attorney

The ROSS platform is built on IBM's Watson cognitive computer

Lawyers ask questions in natural language and get relevant answers

IBM is teaching ROSS other areas of law to expand system into all firms

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3589795/Your-AI-lawyer-IBM-s-ROSS-world-s-artificially-intelligent-attorney.html#ixzz48fKUwYuk

• Like 2

GlitterRose

I like it. No more tired and overworked public defenders dropping the ball and letting folks get railroaded. Your AI lawyer can handle the caseload. It doesn't need to sleep, and it isn't biased against you...well, maybe just over the fact that you're human.

• Like 1

freetoroam

For advise on the legal system and where people stand according to the laws, this is great.

As a lawyer defending or prosecuting, it is not.

when investigations need to be done for client which involves research, talking to witnesses and evaluating a clients mental status as if they are capable of standing trial, we are talking human only.

I believe this is very good, but if I were relying on my lawyer to keep me out of prison because I was innocent, but the odds were against me, I would want a human to argue my case and get the relevant evidence needed.

But this is a very good idea:

ROSS then reads through the entire body of law and returns a cited answer and topical readings from legislation

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3589795/Your-AI-lawyer-IBM-s-ROSS-world-s-artificially-intelligent-attorney.html#ixzz48g6FpUG0

• Like 1

truthseeker68

For advise on the legal system and where people stand according to the laws, this is great.

As a lawyer defending or prosecuting, it is not.

when investigations need to be done for client which involves research, talking to witnesses and evaluating a clients mental status as if they are capable of standing trial, we are talking human only.

I believe this is very good, but if I were relying on my lawyer to keep me out of prison because I was innocent, but the odds were against me, I would want a human to argue my case and get the relevant evidence needed.

But this is a very good idea:

ROSS then reads through the entire body of law and returns a cited answer and topical readings from legislation

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz48g6FpUG0

Odds would have nothing to do with it...that's the whole point. A computer would look at the EVIDENCE and/or the FACTS...Period..!!! Instead of relying on the BS that actual lawyer's and prosecutor's spew out to either convict you or release you. Or...relying on STUPID people who are absolutely biased one way or another. or the testimony of some family member saying He/She was a good person and didn't do anything wrong. Or some perceived evidence that can be twisted one way or another...or the testimony of some "expert" who really was just paid to say that.

I think the Justice system would be leaps and bounds better if it were all based on Facts and actual Evidence...instead of hearsay and BS.

At the very least the Robot could be used as an aid in the courtroom to maybe help reduce the amount of BS testimony and Lawyer double speak...and hopefully help make a better decision on whether or not someone is guilty or innocent.

freetoroam

Odds would have nothing to do with it...that's the whole point. A computer would look at the EVIDENCE and/or the FACTS...Period..!!! Instead of relying on the BS that actual lawyer's and prosecutor's spew out to either convict you or release you. Or...relying on STUPID people who are absolutely biased one way or another. or the testimony of some family member saying He/She was a good person and didn't do anything wrong. Or some perceived evidence that can be twisted one way or another...or the testimony of some "expert" who really was just paid to say that.

I think the Justice system would be leaps and bounds better if it were all based on Facts and actual Evidence...instead of hearsay and BS.

At the very least the Robot could be used as an aid in the courtroom to maybe help reduce the amount of BS testimony and Lawyer double speak...and hopefully help make a better decision on whether or not someone is guilty or innocent.

As an advise guide to the law, this is great, but it can not go out and find the evidence needed to prove ones innocent.

Actually evidence can only be found by an investication out in the "field", witnesses and testimonies have to be gathered by the defence and prosecution....that is obtained by humans and I can not see how a computer is going to go out there and do that,

Statements can be made to the computer....but only once the person has been found.