Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tell us a little quirk about yourself!

Galactic Goatman

Each night before I go to sleep I turn my bed side lamp off then back on again so I can see where every thing is ..... it really annoys my wife

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/13/2018 at 1:14 AM, newbloodmoon said:

Dry humor then.

Nooo!

Intelligent Humor. ^_^

On 14/04/2018 at 4:12 PM, Matt221 said:

Each night before I go to sleep I turn my bed side lamp off then back on again so I can see where every thing is ..... it really annoys my wife

Uh?

3 hours ago, acute said:

Uh?

Long story, it originates from our old house that was haunted I'd wake up at night and stuff was all moved around we'd put it back then I'd turn the light of then on again just to make sure it was in the same place we put it and low and behold somthing had moved ie mirror,book,clothing so now I put the light off and on to make sure everything is in its place....... simple 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

Long story, it originates from our old house that was haunted I'd wake up at night and stuff was all moved around we'd put it back then I'd turn the light of then on again just to make sure it was in the same place we put it and low and behold somthing had moved ie mirror,book,clothing so now I put the light off and on to make sure everything is in its place....... simple 

They haven't got the balls to play up when the light's on!  Firkin poltergremlins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I count everything. If I'm washing dishes (I only wash dishes by hand and refuse to use dishwashers....another quirk), I count each dish, and will always finish on one of a specific set of numbers that have occult significance. If there are a few dishes still in the sink because they fell on a different number, they're left until the next time I do dishes.

I refuse to use salt on foods. Many foods alreaxy have more than enough salt in them. Why add more? It's disgusting stuff.

I only eat standing up.

When I was a young kid, I didn't like having toenails and would frequently pull each one off by hand.

I can remember specific details about many things that others never seem to remember (like everyone's first and last names from my kindergarten class, for example), and I remember things from when I was less than a year old. It isn't eidetic memory because there are details I will forget, but I seem to remember a lot more than some people I know).

• Like 3

Ever since I got it, My TV has believed that I'm in Aberdeen. At any rate, that's what it always gives me the weather for. It's quite interesting seeing what it's like actually; quite often, it makes me glad that I'm not. :mellow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Ever since I got it, My TV has believed that I'm in Aberdeen. At any rate, that's what it always gives me the weather for. It's quite interesting seeing what it's like actually; quite often, it makes me glad that I'm not. :mellow:

I'm glad I'm not in Aberdeen!  I've heard it rains granite.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Matt221 said:

The last time I used a bus was 1989

You don't know what you're missing! I commute on it every day for work and pay my fare electronically. No fuss, no hassle, just sit back, listen to the news, read or do a bit of work. It involves a little walking too but I need the exercise to stay toned and clear-headed.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Matt221 said:

The last time I used a bus was 1989

As he said; you don't know what you're missing...

Edited by EllJay
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, EllJay said:

As he said; you don't know what you're missing...

Is Yankovic singing about himself?!  Doesn't say much for the buses he's travelled on. 

I tend to react with slight irritation when people touch me, but I enjoy hugging people I consider close. And lifting them up - though not many people want me to do that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hate needles, alot! I can’t even watch someone getting a shot on tv, movies, or even animated shows.

Edited by newbloodmoon
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I keep getting Venice and Vienna mixed up. 

• Haha 2

I keep getting haemorrhoid cream and ice cream mixed up ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...

I like to have as little food as possible in my fridge. I don't know why but a full fridge makes me feel uneasy. (Full freezer compartment is okay :)).

I dont know if this is regarded as a quirk i once played golf had 21,0 in hcp which is rather good but stopped cause had a tendency to loose my temper. I Could wack that ball far but it usually ended up in the woods and when i landed in the bunker i was like hitler he never came out from it.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

I'm a mixed-handed person, just like "Shigeru Miyamoto, Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein, Benjamin Franklin, Michelangelo, Beethoven, Leonardo da Vinci, Sachin Tendulkar, Jimi Hendrix and Panos Priftis."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-dominance

I've never been deeply confused because of my mixed handedness.

When I was a young boy, I thought I was left-handed because I handwrite with my left hand and because I was told I was left-handed.

I was asked to be careful while having lunch at the canteen because my left elbow could hit my neighbour's right elbow on my left. So yes, I was careful and, "as a consequence", I never had any inconvenient there.

When we did sport at school, I was told I had to find my dominant foot. I was told it was more difficult to find it for left-handed people. So sure, it was more difficult for me to find my dominant foot.

My dominant foot has always been the right one. I eat like a right-handed person (therefore no problem with my left elbow).

I realized that in my early 20's only... I realized there were activities I did with my left hand or with my right hand. I'm not ambidextrous though (or just partially).

I handwrite in a notebook with my left hand but I handwrite on a blackboard with my right hand preferentially. And so on.

At that stage, I considered I was roughly a right-handed person who handwrite with his left hand. That was a little revelation: "I had never been a left-handed person after all."

About 25 years after (i.e. a few years ago), I came across the concept of cross-dominance / mixed handedness: that's what I am. That was another revelation. There are many people like me, with that handedness. Mine was not indetermined any longer.

I must mention I've never been deeply confused about that. Confusion was actually shallow and circumstancial and actually came from people's claims about what my handedness was supposed to be.

Moral: take what people say about who you are with a grain a salt, no matter how convincing they are.

• Like 1

I hate hearing whispering. I don't know whether it's the sound of it, the secrecy, or both.

Edited by acute
  • Like 1

I once made a song on a micro korg synth without knowing how to play or  any knowledge of musical theory. 

Here's the result.

• Like 1

Erm. When I'm having difficulty with emotions or collecting my thoughts I run some of the Fibonacci sequence in my head; it helps me to calm down and concentrate. :unsure2:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, acute said:

I hate hearing whispering. I don't know whether it's the sound of it, the secrecy, or both.

I saw a (regular) hypnotist last year. She told me hypnotizing a patient had much to do with whispering to that person. Our brain doesn't react the same to the whispers expressed to our attention.

How easily hypnotizable are you?

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I can never remember the difference between lateral and longtitudinal. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

I chew on my shirt when nervous.