Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
AustinHinton

Tell us a little quirk about yourself!

464 posts in this topic

Matt221

Each night before I go to sleep I turn my bed side lamp off then back on again so I can see where every thing is ..... it really annoys my wife

• Confused 1

AustinHinton
On 4/13/2018 at 1:14 AM, newbloodmoon said:

Dry humor then.

Nooo!

Intelligent Humor. ^_^

acute
On 14/04/2018 at 4:12 PM, Matt221 said:

Each night before I go to sleep I turn my bed side lamp off then back on again so I can see where every thing is ..... it really annoys my wife

Uh?

Matt221
3 hours ago, acute said:

Uh?

Long story, it originates from our old house that was haunted I'd wake up at night and stuff was all moved around we'd put it back then I'd turn the light of then on again just to make sure it was in the same place we put it and low and behold somthing had moved ie mirror,book,clothing so now I put the light off and on to make sure everything is in its place....... simple 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

acute
5 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

Long story, it originates from our old house that was haunted I'd wake up at night and stuff was all moved around we'd put it back then I'd turn the light of then on again just to make sure it was in the same place we put it and low and behold somthing had moved ie mirror,book,clothing so now I put the light off and on to make sure everything is in its place....... simple 

They haven't got the balls to play up when the light's on!  Firkin poltergremlins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Skulduggery

I count everything. If I'm washing dishes (I only wash dishes by hand and refuse to use dishwashers....another quirk), I count each dish, and will always finish on one of a specific set of numbers that have occult significance. If there are a few dishes still in the sink because they fell on a different number, they're left until the next time I do dishes.

I refuse to use salt on foods. Many foods alreaxy have more than enough salt in them. Why add more? It's disgusting stuff.

I only eat standing up.

When I was a young kid, I didn't like having toenails and would frequently pull each one off by hand.

I can remember specific details about many things that others never seem to remember (like everyone's first and last names from my kindergarten class, for example), and I remember things from when I was less than a year old. It isn't eidetic memory because there are details I will forget, but I seem to remember a lot more than some people I know).

• Like 2

Vlad the Mighty

Ever since I got it, My TV has believed that I'm in Aberdeen. At any rate, that's what it always gives me the weather for. It's quite interesting seeing what it's like actually; quite often, it makes me glad that I'm not. :mellow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

acute
18 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Ever since I got it, My TV has believed that I'm in Aberdeen. At any rate, that's what it always gives me the weather for. It's quite interesting seeing what it's like actually; quite often, it makes me glad that I'm not. :mellow:

I'm glad I'm not in Aberdeen!  I've heard it rains granite.

• Haha 1

Matt221

The last time I used a bus was 1989

Ozymandias
3 hours ago, Matt221 said:

You don't know what you're missing! I commute on it every day for work and pay my fare electronically. No fuss, no hassle, just sit back, listen to the news, read or do a bit of work. It involves a little walking too but I need the exercise to stay toned and clear-headed.

• Like 4

EllJay
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Matt221 said:

As he said; you don't know what you're missing...

Edited by EllJay
  • Like 1

Ozymandias
10 hours ago, EllJay said:

As he said; you don't know what you're missing...

Is Yankovic singing about himself?!  Doesn't say much for the buses he's travelled on. 

Vanillon

I tend to react with slight irritation when people touch me, but I enjoy hugging people I consider close. And lifting them up - though not many people want me to do that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

newbloodmoon
Posted (edited)

I hate needles, alot! I can’t even watch someone getting a shot on tv, movies, or even animated shows.

Edited by newbloodmoon
  • Like 1