Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Only three northern white rhinos now remain

32 posts in this topic

pallidin

Only 3 left? Dang.

Yamato

It was dreadful when there were 300. Now it's too late.

Got trillions more to spend on oil, no time for this! Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

• Like 1

MJNYC

Have you never seen video of orcas playing catch with seals? And no, they don't always eat them. They also kill sharks for the hell of it, they know sharks need to swim to breath, and they hold them in place and turn them upside down to essentially suffocate them. Pure sport killing machine.

Ok. and that means? That gives us free reign to do whatever we like because Orcas do?

It's been determined (on this thread) that orcas and cats kill for sport. Not sure their reasoning of doing what they do, but I know that we can reason and we should.

We should always err on the side of kindness.

• Like 1

Myles

It doesn't change the fact that all our behaviors, whether angelic or beastly, are just as totally, absolutely natural as that of any "dumb" animal, we ARE animals after all. We are not special. Other animals have intelligence and an emotional life as well. The poachers are simply animals killing other animals just like cats killing animals they don't eat. THAT should be pretty outrageous animal behavior as well.

A rooster will just hop on a hen at will.

Is it acceptable for us to do that to women?

DarkHunter

I'm not saying that conservation isn't important, but can anyone tell me the difference between a northern white rhino and a southern white rhino. From just a quick Google search I can't really find any real difference other then that there are 3 northern white rhinos and about 20,000 southern white rhinos.

It seems to me that a lot of this species going extinct is coming from one Australian professor who claims that northern white rhinos are a separate species then southern white rhinos while the general consensus is that they are just a sub species that are basically the exact same rhino but living in different areas of Africa.

• Like 1

CJ1983

Ok. and that means? That gives us free reign to do whatever we like because Orcas do?

It's been determined (on this thread) that orcas and cats kill for sport. Not sure their reasoning of doing what they do, but I know that we can reason and we should.

We should always err on the side of kindness.

Kindness from a mouse to a cat will never be reciprocated. I do not condone poaching, but from the perspective of someone who has to resort to something such as poaching to earn money to live is understandable to me.

Edited by CJ1983

Myles

Kindness from a mouse to a cat will never be reciprocated. I do not condone poaching, but from the perspective of someone who has to resort to something such as poaching to earn money to live is understandable to me.

I think most understand that money helps people do what shouldn't do.