Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man finds 'Nazi nukes' inside a German cave

UM-Bot

70-year-old Peter Lohr claims to have located five nuclear bombs inside a network of underground caverns.

The retired mechanical engineer and hobby historian made the alleged discovery in Eastern Germany under the Jonastal - a valley situated in the country's Ilm-Kreis district.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...e-a-german-cave

• Like 2

can we at least see his images??

Hmmm... why do those bombs in the picture look like V-2 engines?

• Like 4

maybe little Adolf's lost suitcase of undies are there too ~

• Like 2

The "image"

• Like 2

Hands up, everyone who thinks the little corporal would have refrained from using such weapons if he had them?

• Like 5

That's a real stretch of imagination. Quite possibly some part of the V-2 program, yes, or some other secret aircraft project, of which there was many, but given how everything was painstakingly documented in the Third Reich it really pushes credulity that something on this scale might have reached hardware stage but no documentation relating to it - and no one involved in the project - has ever been found. It's the same witha ll these "Nazi Flying Saucer" theories.

• Like 4

I'm sure the Russians would have been the first to know if Hitler had nuclear bombs available for usage.

• Like 4

From the article: "They just told me that I’m not allowed to continue my research anymore," he said

That's hilarious! :w00t:

• Like 2

maybe little Adolf's lost suitcase of undies are there too ~

They'd be pretty nuclear by now.
  • Like 1

Considering how crude the shielding of the uranium probably was back then, don't you think a Geiger counter would be useful?

I can understand the authorities not wanting the gentleman to do more investigating just in case there are nukes there. We could set them off.

Fixed typo.

Edited by paperdyer

I can verify it..

Yep - my grandpa went loopy just like this too.

Altho' he managed to get to eighty before it began to be this sort of problem...

• Like 2

I can understand the authorities not wanting the gentleman to do more investigating just in case there are nukes there. We could set them off.

The location is in a nature protection area and the authorities prohibit any further "investigations" to avoid any damage and/or wildlife

disturbance there.

• Like 1

The questions to be asked are;... was there a known facility there during WWII? Also does a geiger counter pick anything up?

Wow. File photos of a storage bunker at Peenemunde, and a combination of doubletalk and imagination.

• Like 3

Considering how crude the shielding of the uranium probably was back then, don't you think a Geiger counter would be useful?

Fixed typo.

How could that be possible? To set off a nuclear device, you need a detonator that's a pretty powerful bomb in its own right. A "Dirty Bomb", which is a conventional bomb with added radioactive materials that just scatters radioactivity indiscriminately, is a quite different thing.
  • Like 1

If Hitler had the A-bomb in '43, German would be the lingua franca of Eurasia, today.

• Like 3

i believe that Germans did work on nukes during ww2, it is entirely possible they burried their work so it wont get into allies hands. most likely bombs are not functional , but they most likely do contain radioactive materials that would create eco hazard if outer shell is rusted thru.

Edited by aztek

They are V2 rocket engines.

His find:

news-ww2-v2-rockets.jpg

A V2 Rocket engine:

V-2_f%C3%B6rbr%C3%A4nningskammare.JPG

• Like 1

How could that be possible? To set off a nuclear device, you need a detonator that's a pretty powerful bomb in its own right. A "Dirty Bomb", which is a conventional bomb with added radioactive materials that just scatters radioactivity indiscriminately, is a quite different thing.

True there needs to be an initial explosion, but we don't know if the Nazis bombs were made without a way to detonate easily or not. Just because our bombs are "stable" doesn't mean theirs were.

This is just another spurious claim like that treasure train nonsense that came to naught. There's even less evidence in this case.

They are V2 rocket engines.

His find:

news-ww2-v2-rockets.jpg

A V2 Rocket engine:

V-2_f%C3%B6rbr%C3%A4nningskammare.JPG

That's not even a picture of his find which was detected by remote means. The photo caption credits it to the German Federal Archive.