Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Complete] New Forum

Saru

ǝƃɐd ɔᴉdoʇ ɹɐlnɔᴉʇɹɐd ɐ ƃuᴉpɐǝɹ sᴉ oɥʍ ǝǝs ɹǝƃuol ou uɐɔ noʎ

• Like 5

It's going to take some getting used to.

• Like 2

Ive just noticed that when I use double 'quote marks', the text gets turned upside down, look:

¿,,uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ʇxǝʇ ʎɯ sᴉ ʎɥʍ,,

whats going on with that? :lol:

• Like 2

Just a note to say that I will address everything that has been brought up - currently working on the main site integration.

Think of this like triage - getting the urgent issues out of the way first. :)

• Like 9

I think I just wet my undies ~

Thanks Suru. We know you have your hands full right now. This upgrade includes many of the Zenforo forum features I was hoping for. :)

One thing others may not know, you can start a post but not finish, close the page then return later* and the draft has been saved. *How much later I don't know yet, but going by the function at other sites probably at least 24 hours. I like the additional posting options when holding CTRL and left clicking on the posting field.

Question: When on the recent post pages, the left side has quote bubbles which when you hover the word post appears but clicking it does nothing. An as yet not activated function? ETA Never-mind. It's just a description icon.

Will the 'erase formatting' button return?

Edited by AZDZ

i haven't tried to replying to anything yet. Let me see if there's anything different before I complain about it.

No, that seems to work ok. It seems to be just the statues updates that are a bit confusing so far. But I'll give it a bit and see how it goes.

* status, not statues. :blink:

Edited by Otto von Pickelhaube

"am I upside-down?"

...apparently not

Edited by Vlawde

Just got here and am still finding my way around.  I like what I see. :)

Links and formatting in signatures don't seem to be working yet, I've noticed. Well actually mine does, but no one else's seem to. I expect it's the same for everybody, i.e. their own signatures are formatted correctly but others aren't. 

All formatting in old posts and content will be skewed until the database rebuild is complete - may take a few days.

• Like 3

It's going to take some time to get used to the new look but the forum definitly feels snappier, pages load quicker ect.

• Like 1

Anyone else having issues quoting posts? I try and quote a post and the box has an older quoted post in it. Not the one I'm currently quoting.

• Like 1

The new look is very clean and simple. I love it!

10 minutes ago, barbco196 said:

Anyone else having issues quoting posts? I try and quote a post and the box has an older quoted post in it. Not the one I'm currently quoting.

Let me try. That seems to be the right one.

Just now, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

Let me try. That seems to be the right one.

Maybe it's just in the spirituality vs skepticism forum? I've tried several times and it won't let me reply.

Another thing I've just noticed is that even if you're not looking at this page but you have it open as a Tab (presumably), a little box comes up telling you that someone has replied to you! is this a marvelous innovation, or will it prove slightly annoying? Only time will tell! :D 

One concerning thing...spoilers for show like GoT, Walking Dead etc. When viewing new posts it shows part of the actual post. I record a lot of these shows and hate when it gets spoiled (unless I knowingly click on the thread link to read)

I love the new Activity addition :tsu:

The only problem I've encountered so far is that loading the homepage on mobile takes quite a while with even with 35mbs down.

This will take some getting used to, but the new formatting is very clean, you did an awesome job on this.

Ignore: Test:

@Saru 

[details=the summary]Testing, test, test, test,test[/details]

<details><summary>Click this to view the longer transcript</summary>This part could be could be a huge long text, test, test, test, test, test, test</details>

Edited by Use your brain

What's wrong with my inbox? I'm using the mobile version of the site and I don't have access to my messages. It says disabled messager.

There's no option of a full version of the forum for cellphones like in the "old" forum?

%$#!@!!!   I just had GoT spoiled when I was looking at new threads. I record it and watch the day after it airs. PLEASE take out the post previews in there.

12 minutes ago, Morning_Bird said:

What's wrong with my inbox? I'm using the mobile version of the site and I don't have access to my messages. It says disabled messager.

There's no option of a full version of the forum for cellphones like in the "old" forum?

Try to clear your history and cache. 

It's working on my mobile, it looks like the desktop version mixed with mobile components, messages are working for me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Morning_Bird said:

Try it again now, some of the account settings reset when the member table was converted.

You should be able to access the messenger via the mobile site.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vlawde said:

%$#!@!!!   I just had GoT spoiled when I was looking at new threads. I record it and watch the day after it airs. PLEASE take out the post previews in there.

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do ( aside from removing the thread ) until the database has been rebuilt.

Once that happens the spoiler tags should work again.

In the meantime I'd suggest just avoiding the Game of Thrones thread until this has been done.

• The title was changed to [Complete] New Forum
  • The topic was locked