Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Complete] New Forum

Saru

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I am seeing that too, I am on Mac.

In addition you can't go in and break a post up into snips-od-quotesso you can answer specific questions asked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, docyabut2 said:

Cant seem to navigate any where  now, why change it ?

The forum navigation is mostly the same - what specifically are you having trouble navigating to ?

1 minute ago, Merc14 said:

In addition you can't go in and break a post up into snips-od-quotesso you can answer specific questions asked.

All you need to do is quote the post and either remove the irrelevant parts and/or copy other parts in to a new quote.

You can add quote tags to highlighted text using the "quote" button in the text editor.

This is pretty much how things worked on the old forum.

6 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

:lol: see bolded above.... Sorry Merc I cant read latin.....or whatever that is

Yeah, it looks kind of spastic now...like an odd chat room. haha If you want a bit of normalcy you have to go into the individual forums. I'm sure it will clear up soon.

• Like 1

In "is Religion About To Die Out, I notice there are no post numbers anymore, so not sure how to direct, but on page 36 I keep trying to quote Stubbly Dooright, but Mr Walker keeps coming up in the quote box when I hit "quote", and the box is empty, just showing the title?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

In "is Religion About To Die Out, I notice there are no post numbers anymore, so not sure how to direct, but on page 36 I keep trying to quote Stubbly Dooright, but Mr Walker keeps coming up in the quote box when I hit "quote", and the box is empty, just showing the title?

This is because his posts on that page are entirely contained inside quote tags.

Also -

In that thread, everytime I click in the quote box, it comes up as "7Hrs Ago Mr Walker Said"

But I am not quoting him at all. I am not even quoting anyone now, just clicking in the text box to reply. 

Happy to record a gif if there is an easy way on Mac to illustrate what is going on. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

But I am not quoting him at all. I am not even quoting anyone now, just clicking in the text box to reply. 

You had that in the box though, then never posted it, so it's remembering what was there.

All you need to do is click on the quote and hit "delete" to get rid of it.

Not to overload Saru....and this isnt a 'big deal', but when reading a thread you could see other users/members on that thread, at the bottom of the page, Ive noticed you now cant....

• Like 3

I don't like it. It's more of a downgrade than an upgrade, and the other design is much more user friendly. The old saying, don't fix it if it isn't broken, comes to mind. I strongly suggest that you return to the better and faster format because this new one discourages activity. I can't find active posts and threads like I could before this. Some quotes, in my old posts, are messed up. My original user name won't allow me to sign in. I absolutely love the other, better format, but this one may prove to be an accidental sabotaging of a good forum.

• Like 1

Dunno if this is still being integrated, but I don't see the link for new content up top. I can click on the multiple lines on the upper far right, but then that opens up another menu that then requires another click or 2 to get to new content. Worst of all, the hashmarks are partly cut off by my browser

Edited by Vlawde

5 hours ago, barbco196 said:

Anyone else having issues quoting posts? I try and quote a post and the box has an older quoted post in it. Not the one I'm currently quoting.

I'll test your post. By the way, when I mention "slow", I'm talking about the time it takes me to locate posts, not the loading speed, which is quite fast.

6 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I don't like it. It's more of a downgrade than an upgrade, and the other design is much more user friendly. The old saying, don't fix it if it isn't broken,

I agree to a point, but so far, as Saru says, things still need ironing out. My typical use of the site involves checking the front page for new stories, then going to MY CONTENT and working JUST from there....with the occasional jumps to see the status updates

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seeder said:

My typical use of the site involves checking the front page for new stories, then going to MY CONTENT and working JUST from there....with the occasional jumps to see the status updates

That's close to what I do. I go to "my content" first, though. I like to keep track of posts and replies in certain threads. I may have to find a Plan B for that.

• Like 3

I always use the new content/unread posts since last visit feature, unless I am looking for something specific in a certain forum

Edited by Vlawde

20 minutes ago, Saru said:

You had that in the box though, then never posted it, so it's remembering what was there.

All you need to do is click on the quote and hit "delete" to get rid of it.

Sorry to be a pain, no doubt we are speaking operator error here, but when I click on the post in the reply box, and hit the delete (backspace) it goes back a page, or if I use the other delete button under the function button on the keyboard, nothing happens? 

Closed the page, opened it again, Mr Walker is still following me around. 

Seems fine in this thread, but that one seems to have it in for me. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

That's close to what I do. I go to "my content" first, though. I like to keep track of posts and replies in certain threads. I may have to find a Plan B for that.

Let us know if you come up with a solution, I rather liked the content page as well. 

• Like 3

Not fond of the change, as I saw nothing wrong with the previous format. Now I can't figure out how to do anything and apparently all my friends left me. Getting rid of the dead chat room was fine. No one was ever there. But this well it almost makes me want to leave UM. This is like a windows 8 version of the forum. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Sorry to be a pain, no doubt we are speaking operator error here, but when I click on the post in the reply box, and hit the delete (backspace) it goes back a page, or if I use the other delete button under the function button on the keyboard, nothing happens? 

Closed the page, opened it again, Mr Walker is still following me around. 

Seems fine in this thread, but that one seems to have it in for me. 

Ha ha! You have to admit, that is funny!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Not fond of the change, as I saw nothing wrong with the previous format. Now I can't figure out how to do anything and apparently all my friends left me. Getting rid of the dead chat room was fine. No one was ever there. But this well it almost makes me want to leave UM. This is like a windows 8 version of the forum. 

I won't leave the forum, but this change is disappointing. It feels like my favorite restaurant, where I meet friends, was remodeled to the point where we can't recognize it, and we'll miss the charm. I apologize for the constant criticism. I'm just being honest and open about how I feel, and I realize that YMMV.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

This is what was happening to me earlier. Id have to delete the quote box and start over.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

It's under your user name in the drop down menu. Just erased the quoted text...Your content is under your user name

Edited by barbco196
Didn't quote OP

5 minutes ago, barbco196 said:

Ha ha! You have to admit, that is funny!

Its like a nightmare........

It got up to Mr Walker said 8 hours ago.......

it just keeps ticking over, like the tattoo from the Dr Who where Clara dies. 

3 minutes ago, barbco196 said:

This is what was happening to me earlier. Id have to delete the quote box and start over.

That is my problem I do not seem to be able to delete the quote box, backspace takes me back a page, and the other delete button does nothing, I have just rebooted and cleared my cache, about to try again........

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3

• The title was changed to [Complete] New Forum
  • The topic was locked