Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Complete] New Forum

Saru

Update:

• Fixed issue preventing members viewing who liked a post
  • Increased profile photo upload size to 250kb
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, seeder said:

I just dont have the answers mate. Ive been here a couple of hours PLUS so far .... and I feel quite confused by it all.. as I said above I usually work from 'my content'....so far NOT having that means I cant see threads Ive been active on- so unless I dip into 'each' forum section and LOOK for threads Im responding in... well...Im stuffed..

On the main menu bar in the header, go over to "Activity Streams" and "My Activity Streams".

Everything you need to monitor the threads you've started or posted in is there.

I believe you can even create your own custom activity feeds to suit your own requirements.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, psyche101 said:

That is my problem I do not seem to be able to delete the quote box, backspace takes me back a page, and the other delete button does nothing, I have just rebooted and cleared my cache, about to try again........

Click on the quote box so that it is selected, then press the "Delete" key on your keyboard.

I really like how attaching an image posts a full size pic instead of a clickable thumbnail!

Is there an issue with the login system?

I had to re-enter my username and pass again even though I selected 'remember me' this morning.

Edit: Scratch that. I see it's already listed on home page issues, and I'm actually still logged in when in the forums.

Edited by LV-426

5 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

Is there an issue with the login system?

I had to re-enter my username and pass again even though I selected 'remember me' this morning.

You use your current username now, and not your original name which the old system insisted was the one you still had to use, if that was what happened?

(I still get confused by the repositioning of teh Quote button, but as I said that's nothing anyone else need worry about. :mellow: )

Does (B) still bring up the sunglasses emotimojicon?

No it doesn't! yay! Now I can say (a) and (B) without the (B) coming up as B)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

You use your current username now, and not your original name which the old system insisted was the one you still had to use, if that was what happened?

No, you replied as I was editing my previous post.

It's just a glitch on the home page, which was showing me as a guest. I was still logged in when I hit the forums B)

Nothing to see here!

Edited by LV-426
  • Like 1

So I notice the forums are different on Chrome versus IE (which I have to use at work)  On IE there is not a new content selection at the top of the page...there are hashmarks upper far right that are partly cut off at the edge of my browser. Gotta click on it (hard to do when most is cut off), select activity on the dropdown, then new/unread content. On Chrome the new content is an option at the top of the page like it has been

10 minutes ago, Vlawde said:

So I notice the forums are different on Chrome versus IE (which I have to use at work)  On IE there is not a new content selection at the top of the page...there are hashmarks upper far right that are partly cut off at the edge of my browser. Gotta click on it (hard to do when most is cut off), select activity on the dropdown, then new/unread content. On Chrome the new content is an option at the top of the page like it has been

What version of IE are you using ?

10.0.35. I know it's not the latest version, but it's the one they want us to use at work

Old versions of IE are generally losing support on most websites these days, but with that said I'm not seeing any issues when using IE 11 or IE 10 mode within IE 11.

19 hours ago, AZDZ said:

If I write your name like this>>> @freetoroam Did you get a notification?

I got the notification that you have quoted. Thats the same as before.

I do not mind the notifications, its the notifications on the status updates which are not necessary...imo.

Otherwise, all is ok, Just a few things moved about, a bit of shaking here and twerking there, it will get sorted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I got the notification that you have quoted. Thats the same as before.

I do not mind the notifications, its the notifications on the status updates which are not necessary...imo.

Otherwise, all is ok, Just a few things moved about, a bit of shaking here and twerking there, it will get sorted.

You can turn off any notifications you don't want:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/notifications/options/

Scroll down and you can disable notifications about status updates if you don't want to receive them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saru said:

Scroll down and you can disable notifications about status updates if you don't want to them.

I have discovered the turning off status notifications, sorry, only discovered after my head started to twitch. Got it now. :sk

5 minutes ago, Saru said:

Scroll down and you can disable notifications about status updates if you don't want to them.

I just clicked on the link and it will not allow me to turn off notifications unless I click on an email box.  

Here, if i click on the A notification when new content is posted, it does not turn off, unless I click on one of the other two. 

What if I do not want emails?

Method to use for content I follow automatically

• A notification when new content is posted
  • One email per day with all new content from that day
  • One email per week with all new content from that week
Edited by freetoroam

28 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I just clicked on the link and it will not allow me to turn off notifications unless I click on an email box.  

Here, if i click on the A notification when new content is posted, it does not turn off, unless I click on one of the other two. 

What if I do not want emails?

The two e-mail options at the top are for combining email notifications in to a daily or weekly digest.

For regular notifications pick 'A notification when new content is posted' and then set the notifications up from the options below.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dAz said:

Looks Good 

:tsu:

A wild dAz appears. :o

• Like 3

One question I do have is that if you go to a thread under 'new content', it just goes to the beginning of the thread and not the first new post since you looked last time. Since some threads can get rather long this could be a little inconvenient. 

2 minutes ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

One question I do have is that if you go to a thread under 'new content', it just goes to the beginning of the thread and not the first new post since you looked last time. Since some threads can get rather long this could be a little inconvenient. 

You can click on the "last page" icon ( >> ) to skip to the last post of a thread.

24 minutes ago, Saru said:

You can click on the "last page" icon ( >> ) to skip to the last post of a thread.

While the carrots appear on my home computers they do not appear on my heavily messed with work computer (IE11).  Just an interesting note.   

Saru, when the forum calms down are you planning an update for the website?  BTW, definitely like the new forum look and functionality.

12 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Saru, when the forum calms down are you planning an update for the website? 

Actually yes, however it will likely be a while away yet though.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to [Complete] New Forum
  • The topic was locked