Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Complete] New Forum

Saru

All links and quotes are coming up in HTML for me.  Using a current version on Firefox.

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

All links and quotes are coming up in HTML for me.  Using a current version on Firefox.

This is due to the database being rebuilt to convert all the old content in to the new format.

It will take several days - all the old posts will display correctly after that.

• Like 2

So far, the new stuff works beautifully with Win 10 and Edge browser.

Update:

• Topic descriptions are now working again

• Like 1

I really liked how the "old" site worked on my mobile(with desktop view)

What was wrong with that? It was easily manageable/user informative.

Now it seems so simplistic as to actually make it VERY difficult to follow comment flow.

I don't like it at all, IMHO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pallidin said:

I really liked how the "old" site worked on my mobile(with desktop view)

What was wrong with that? It was easily manageable/user informative.

Now it seems so simplistic as to actually make it VERY difficult to follow comment flow.

I don't like it at all, IMHO.

I agree there. I think that's my main complaint, that and the awkward 'new content' system.

• Like 2

I agree, not a big fan of the new content system myself

• Like 2

I'm using the latest Firefox with Windows 10 and it works great.

And what happened to the "user's viewing"

That was important to me, for whatever reason, now it's gone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZZ430 said:

I'm using the latest Firefox with Windows 10 and it works great.

Well, it "works" for me too, but the interface is sadly lacking, IMHO

15 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

How to embed You tube videos into forum posts ?

Hi jethrofloyd. I don't know if someone has already given you the answer to this but here's what you do: click on 'share' under(and to the left) of the YouTube video. A blue strip appears with the URL in it, right click on this and a drop-down menu appears. Click on 'copy' then go back to your UM 'submit reply' window. Left click then right click and the drop-down menu appears. Click on 'paste', then click on 'submit reply'. :tsu:

• Like 1

Did the old method of pasting the URL after removing the "s" from http stop working?

2 minutes ago, Vlawde said:

Did the old method of pasting the URL after removing the "s" from http stop working?

I don't know but the new method is very quick :clap:

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 8:56 PM, freetoroam said:

Ok, just found my "contents".....its now all under my  activities stream.

Man, that makes me feel fit.:rofl:       activities....hehe.:D

Or you can find your contents when you click on your forum name(top right, quite small with tiny avatar), and when the drop-down menu appears, click on 'manage followed content'.

You enjoy being fit ....... I enjoy the controlling aspect of being a manager! :lol: 

• Like 1

The scroll bar is ridiculously shy and coy! Slows scrolling right down which is a nuisance when it has to be used as a replacement for the old 'top' button.

Well, I will roll with the flow, I guess, but I firmly feel that the old site was much better.

Couldn't the technical issues be resolved while maintaining the rich content and fluidity of the previous version of the Forum?

Now, instead of site-engagement I feel as if I am responding to PM, or email.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

Having the posts numbered is quite important at times and takes up less space/effort than quoting posts from a long way back in a thread ........ I hope that comes back.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Having the posts numbered is quite important at times and takes up less space/effort than quoting posts from a long way back in a thread ........ I hope that comes back.  

Yep, that too.

When I go to Blogs, it doesn't state who is the author of the individual blog, only the title is given. It would be more convenient to know the author as well as the title of the blogs.

Though it's nice to see a list on the left side of the page.

Edited by StarMountainKid

Anyone who is finding the way you view new content to be odd, I wanted to point out you have an option to change the new content feature to "condensed view" which  makes it look EXACTLY like it used to. I have attached an image that shows you what it looks like!

wb1k5xk.png

• Like 3

19 hours ago, F3SS said:

Forgot why I came here. In Edit Profile I can't find how to edit my signature. Am I missing something or is that just missing ATM? Also, I'm on iOS using safari and my autocorrect isn't working. I'm doomed to be outed as a bad speller. :hmm: I do love the fact the I finally get a full text editor on iOS though.

btw, I have read the whole thread and if any of this has been addressed I apologize. Please don't yell.

Have patience, my friend. I kid.

• Like 1

This has been said already several times, but to make it absolutely clear:

The forum is still being worked on - all the concerns raised will be addressed - please be patient.

We're also seeing a lot of people repeating the same issues/questions because they haven't read through the thread.

• Post numbers will be looked at
  • Lack of a desktop mode on mobile will be looked at
  • Content tools will be looked at
  • The formatting of old posts will be broken until the database rebuild is finished - give it time
24 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Couldn't the technical issues be resolved while maintaining the rich content and fluidity of the previous version of the Forum?

The content is exactly the same on this forum as it was on the old one.

The new forum has fluidity - the old one had none.

• Like 5

• The title was changed to [Complete] New Forum
  • The topic was locked