Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Complete] New Forum

Saru

Ok, will look forward to final design... I know it takes time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rinna said:

Anyone who is finding the way you view new content to be odd, I wanted to point out you have an option to change the new content feature to "condensed view" which  makes it look EXACTLY like it used to. I have attached an image that shows you what it looks like!

wb1k5xk.png

I dont see that

option upper right, I have hashmarks I have to click on for a dropdown

1 minute ago, Vlawde said:

I dont see that

That's odd...

2 minutes ago, Vlawde said:

I dont see that

You aren't using a normal browser through - you said you have to use a modified version of IE 10 at your work.

That doesn't represent how things will appear for everyone else.

• Like 1

*passes Saru the Rescue Remedy bottle*

• Like 1

Update:

• It is now once again possible to see who is viewing the current thread
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, pallidin said:

And what happened to the "user's viewing"

That was important to me, for whatever reason, now it's gone.

and now it's back. :P

• Like 5

help! my 93 year old mom mess up my home page, and when I went to sign in here  again here my name was gone at the top after just getting it all back together  better

2 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

You may need to sign in again with both your username and password. This happened to me as well. No biggie.

Retrieve your old password, or request a new one, and sign-up with "Remember me" checked.

As this site is updated, us user's may or may not have to do this more than once until the site is stabilised. 

How do I make my email notification settings reflect the ones I had in the old paradigm? Previously, I'd receive an email whenever someone quoted one of my posts. Now, I seem to only be able to get an email whenever someone replies to ANYONE in a particular thread, or no emails at all. Is the old functionality not included in the new site design?

Saru

It is now once again possible to see who is viewing the current thread

Hmm, that formatted differently... anyway, it used to be that those who signed in anonymously didn't show up on the list (a count of anonymous users appeared instead of user names).

• (I don't know how to turn off the bullets, please bear with me) Apparently, anonymity is not implemented? Or do I now "see myself" and others don't, or what?

• On a larger issue: You've really done a great roll out, and put a lot of yourself into it. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Vlawde said:

I dont see that

Does it look like this?

Screen1.jpg

And then this?

Screen2.jpg

I can't get mine to look like Rinna's either....

Windows 7, latest version of Firefox.

Screen1.jpg.603e68579a3eca117e3a23c0c568

Screen2.jpg.e279d7a4fb041a5800b2fe84eff5

2 hours ago, Euphorbia said:

Does it look like this?

Screen1.jpg

And then this?

Screen2.jpg

I can't get mine to look like Rinna's either....

Windows 7, latest version of Firefox.

Its on all browsers. Try to play with zoom (Ctrl +/-), and you'll see some changes, you'll get what Rinna gets.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Its on all browsers. Try to play with zoom (Ctrl +/-), and you'll see some changes, you'll get what Rinna gets.

Well, zooming out worked but usually if it is zoomed in too much I get a scroll bar at the bottom of the page. Funny I don't get a scroll bar on this site.

I have to zoom in as much as possible with my eyesight.......

Thanks! :tu:

8 hours ago, Vlawde said:

Did the old method of pasting the URL after removing the "s" from http stop working?

You can just past the url thing straight in now.

• Like 1

* Perhaps another for the list, when you click on a quoted post it doesn't take you to that post. Perhaps that's another one for the 'to do' list.

8 hours ago, pallidin said:

Well, I will roll with the flow, I guess, but I firmly feel that the old site was much better.

Couldn't the technical issues be resolved while maintaining the rich content and fluidity of the previous version of the Forum?

Now, instead of site-engagement I feel as if I am responding to PM, or email.

I agree, the way that replying to status updates takes you to a different page is particularly annoying, as also is the fact that you now have much less space for status updates. You can hardly write a whole sentence without being cut off. Do we have to be stuck with this infuriating arrangement? Does it come with the whole package for the rest of it?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rinna said:

Anyone who is finding the way you view new content to be odd, I wanted to point out you have an option to change the new content feature to "condensed view" which  makes it look EXACTLY like it used to. I have attached an image that shows you what it looks like!

wb1k5xk.png

That seems to still just take you to all unread content though, not the latest posts in threads you've replied to, which is what's most useful. You still seem to have to jump through lots of unnecessary hoops and click on all sorts of things to get to that. And you still go the the beginning of a thread rather than the first unread post, and while you can then go to the last page, it's at least three or four more clicks than you had to previously.

Edited by Otto von Pickelhaube
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Saru said:

C

13 hours ago, Saru said:

Actually yes, however it will likely be a while away yet though

n my tablet and doing a couple of testt from my lappy. Am getting there....just have to do a bit more exploring and will be up there. 

Ah..bare with me!

Edited by freetoroam
testing on tableto.

Bare with me...still testing on tablet. Not sure what happened.:blink:

Just paste formatted text, and the new editor asks if you want the formatting removed

NICE!!!! :D

4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Bare with me...still testing on tablet. Not sure what happened.:blink:

Sorry, but I'm not prepared to bare with you at this time of the morning. I will, however, bear with you :P

Something that I think has improved: the emoticons layout. You can see them all at once now ..... with just two clicks! :clap: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

That seems to still just take you to all unread content though, not the latest posts in threads you've replied to, which is what's most useful. You still seem to have to jump through lots of unnecessary hoops and click on all sorts of things to get to that. And you still go the the beginning of a thread rather than the first unread post, and while you can then go to the last page, it's at least three or four more clicks than you had to previously.

Yeah, it could use some tweaking.

I almost exclusively used two options pre-update; 'My Content' and 'New Content.'

As Rinna said, 'Unread Content' in condensed view is very similar to the old style, with the exception that you can't see the number of pages in the threads and can't navigate to them without entering the thread.

'My Content' only seems to be accessible from the home page as far as I can see, and instead of showing threads as with new content, it now shows your own individual posts with no indication of latest posts and poster, page numbers for navigation, etc.

The only way I can see to currently get 'My Content' to work in a similar manner is to individually follow the threads and go through 'Followed Content' instead.

22 hours ago, Saru said:

Let me try - can you link me to the image you are trying to use.

Okay, Here's the image, http://s237.photobucket.com/user/stevewinn1980/media/United_Kingdom.gif.html?o=112

funny enough this image works in 'my 'about me page' but not my picture or avatar under my name.

• The title was changed to [Complete] New Forum
  • The topic was locked