Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Complete] New Forum

Saru

If you see an unwanted quote box, hold down ctrl then right click on it. An option to remove the quote box will appear. If you are on a mobile device, I got nothing. 

• Like 2

It will be nice when I can peruse the various conversations again, without going into each individual board . There are a lot of threads I don't comment in, and boards I usually don't get involved with, but I like seeing the current conversations. Now, when I click on "Activity" every comment someone makes looks like a duplicate thread. *sigh*

I'm sure it will be worked out in a few days...hopefully.

• Like 1

hello again. Just a couple further questions;  'View Content' still seems to take you to the beginning of a thread rather than the first unread post, and while you can jump to the last page that's not necessarily the first unread post, so then you may have to go back a page or two to find the blue line across the page that marks the first unread post. Is there a way of jumping directly to it? And on that subject, I've noticed that 'View unread Content' sometimes shows threads that I have posted in, along with ones that I haven't, but these won't appear in 'Content I've posted In' . 

40 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I think the time stamps isn't up to the sync yet ~

gotta give the servers a bit of time to get everything in step ...

~

I think that must be something at your end. I like how it defaults, not to 2000 (like, that's so far in the future!), but to 1970. Are you using an IBM minicomputer, one of those with the tape reels that takes up a whole room? 

• Like 3

In other observations, adding images seems nice & easy now, you just have to select it and it comes up without you having to do any more. So :tu: for that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

I think that must be something at your end. I like how it defaults, not to 2000 (like, that's so far in the future!), but to 1970. Are you using an IBM minicomputer, one of those with the tape reels that takes up a whole room? 

Epoch time

You'll quite often see 01/01/1970 popping up. For example, if you've ever used BitTorrent, it comes up as the default date when adding new torrents.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AZDZ said:

If you see an unwanted quote box, hold down ctrl then right click on it. An option to remove the quote box will appear. If you are on a mobile device, I got nothing. 

Selecting the quote box and hitting 'delete' will also remove it.

7 hours ago, Michelle said:

It will be nice when I can peruse the various conversations again, without going into each individual board . There are a lot of threads I don't comment in, and boards I usually don't get involved with, but I like seeing the current conversations. Now, when I click on "Activity" every comment someone makes looks like a duplicate thread. *sigh*

I'm sure it will be worked out in a few days...hopefully.

You can filter the activity streams to only show topics - go to "unread content" and under "content types" check "topics".

It is possible to set up the activity streams exactly as you like them and even save those settings afterwards.

3 hours ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

'View Content' still seems to take you to the beginning of a thread rather than the first unread post, 

Click the little blue circle in front of the title to jump to the first unread post.

• Like 3

I tried searching, but didn't find anything.

Question: Is there no longer going to be a top ten daily posters list to admire oneself on?

27 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I tried searching, but didn't find anything.

Question: Is there no longer going to be a top ten daily posters list to admire oneself on?

There are more statistics widgets available that haven't been enabled yet - need to decide which ones to use.

• Like 2

Thumbs up for Saru. We all owe this gentleman our appreciation.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Saru said:

You can filter the activity streams to only show topics - go to "unread content" and under "content types" check "topics".

It is possible to set up the activity streams exactly as you like them and even save those settings afterwards.

Thank you! I've been playing around with the settings trying to figure out how to do that without success.

Seems ok

Edited by Otto von Pickelhaube

Loading pages is noticeably slower.

Edit to add: but I love the spellchecker :wub:

Edited by ouija ouija

5 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Loading pages is noticeably slower.

I would have actually said the opposite - I've found that pages are loading quicker on the new forum that on the old one.

The old forum had long delays due to database query issues which are all gone now.

4 minutes ago, Saru said:

I would have actually said the opposite - I've found that pages are loading quicker on the new forum that on the old one.

The old forum had long delays due to database query issues which are all gone now.

:hmm:

I must confess that I am now more liking the "desktop/laptop" revision.

So, my apologies.

My previous comments were with respect to my "smartphone" it seems.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

I've been trying to reply in the "Stephen King Joins Hundreds of Authors In Blasting Trump" thread, but I get stuck with a box saying "8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:" which I can't get rid of, and which prevents me from replying to anything else, both when I try "New reply" and "Quote". It means that I can't reply in that thread, and that makes me sad. :( 

Click on the quote box and press the 'delete' key.

• Like 1

Ah I see, like that. 

I tried to re-upload the gif of my beating avatar but the site keeps telling me to crop it by dragging the "handles."

I tried to just save it, and now I have no avatar.

I went back and did it again, this time cropping it a little - same result.

Harte

There is a known bug with the upload of animated gif profile photos that will be fixed in the next maintenance update.

• Like 2

Okay, I'll try a still.

Harte

The little figure just above the avatar(and to the left), that was coloured when someone was currently online ..... is that coming back?

9 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

The little figure just above the avatar(and to the left), that was coloured when someone was currently online ..... is that coming back?

No, you can tell someone's online status by hovering over their name/picture.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to [Complete] New Forum
  • The topic was locked