Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Complete] New Forum

Saru

I think we should not become impatient or discouraged with the glitches we may be experiencing recently. Let's give Saru time to work everything out, it's all going to be for the better when this update is finally completed.

• Like 7

This isn't a new issue to me but it is still an issue. Is there any way to search for for a forum title? Searching always only brings up words within threads.

1 hour ago, Awesome Donkey said:

That's a really low priority issue I'm afraid as it will only affect a tiny fraction of site users and is purely cosmetic.

5 minutes ago, F3SS said:

This isn't a new issue to me but it is still an issue. Is there any way to search for for a forum title? Searching always only brings up words within threads.

Click the drop-down next to the search box and select "Advanced Search" - there's an option there to do this.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/search/

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, JVG said:

I worked 34 years in a glass factory and we needed to update the batching system that was old and obsolete... I spent the next several weeks at work trying to filter out the change and to make sure the new system was doing what it was expected to do..I don't care who sold you the new system or what they promised, when you start a major change over like this it takes weeks and sometimes a few months but in the long run it will be better..Hang in there people it will get better...

The Site is already well better, look the Union Flag flies once more. <<<<<<<<<< Saru is doing his damnedest. he is stressing people, but he's got his JCB. and can he fix it? YES HE CAN.

• Like 2

But I'm not snowing yet

• Like 4

One thing that just started for me, not sure if it's a site issue or specific to me. But clicking on unread content does nothing, I stay on the thread Iw as on. I can navigate elsewhere on the forums, but the page just hangs there when I click on new content

I can't load my profile either. I waited for 5 minutes and my cursor just keeps spinning. It won't pop up.

• Like 2

^^my last post there, hung there and just said "saving" I refreshed the page and see it was already posted

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Vlawde said:

One thing that just started for me, not sure if it's a site issue or specific to me. But clicking on unread content does nothing, I stay on the thread Iw as on. I can navigate elsewhere on the forums, but the page just hangs there when I click on new content

I've got the same thing happening to me so it's not a problem specific to you......

• Like 2

How s come one can`nt click on a link someone posted and just get a star and no access to the link ? and then I sigh in  anonymously and my name is  still plastered all over the place  

Edited by docyabut2

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

I asked the same question several pages back.

You are the only one that can see your name when signed in anonymously.....

On 5/25/2016 at 8:13 PM, Michelle said:

It will be nice when I can peruse the various conversations again, without going into each individual board . There are a lot of threads I don't comment in, and boards I usually don't get involved with, but I like seeing the current conversations. Now, when I click on "Activity" every comment someone makes looks like a duplicate thread. *sigh*

I'm sure it will be worked out in a few days...hopefully.

So you are looking for a link to view new content without going through the forms? Use "Unread Content" button. There under "Activity", see the drop down tab "My Activity Streams" you can customize the content 5 different default ways, or even Create a new custom stream just for your preferences!  

A tip for people with broken tags in your sigs who don't want to wait for the forum to fix it:

... copy your sig as it shows in your sig then go to edit sig in Account Settings. Delete everything in the sig feild, save it then reedit, paste in off the clipboard then save again. Fixed. 

6 minutes ago, Euphorbia said:

You are the only one that can see your name when signed in anonymously.....

Well, you and Staff members. You cannot hide from them.

• Like 2

I like the fact that I'm now getting notifications when people quote me. That makes things much easier, instead of scrolling down pages to see if I got a response. Now one click brings me to the post where I can immediately answer if needed.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 4

Just wondering and maybe get a answer from regular everyday posters as not to make things more difficult for those at work on this project...

Anyway to update or even read status updates on mobile devices currently?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

I like the fact that I'm now getting notifications when people quote me. That makes things much easier, instead of scrolling down pages to see if I got a response. Now one click brings me to the post where I can immediately answer if needed.

I've noticed also* that if more than one person likes a particular post, you don't get lots of notifications saying "Donald Trump liked this post", "Barack Obama liked this Post", "Hillary Clinton liked this Post" and so on, it's all sort of rolled into one that says "Donald Trump, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton liked this post". This saves rather a lot of going back & forth.

* or also noticed

• Like 4

The update made my harte look fat.

Harte

• Like 2

Update

There may be some slowdown this morning as I'm going to be performing tests of certain resource-intensive forum features in an effort to identify, document and then temporarily disable the query that was resulting in the problems mentioned above.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Harte said:

The update made my harte look fat.

Harte

I see it is finally beating again. Did Saru get the UM defibrillators working?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Saru said:

Update

There may be some slowdown this morning as I'm going to be performing tests of certain resource-intensive forum features in an effort to identify, document and then temporarily disable the query that was resulting in the problems mentioned above.

Ok this is now done, the specific activity feed filter option responsible has been temporarily disabled.

7 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I see it is finally beating again. Did Saru get the UM defibrillators working?

Yes, animated GIF avatars are now working again.

2 hours ago, Saru said:

Yes, animated GIF avatars are now working again.

And gaining weight.

Harte

Note - "Content I Posted In" has been removed as an activity stream option for the time being for performance reasons.

• Like 1

Just one other small point; putting doesn't seem to automatically put in superscript now, do we have to do it ourselves? What a drag. :( 

Why isn't my animated GIF avatar not animating?

• Like 1

• The title was changed to [Complete] New Forum
  • The topic was locked