Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Complete] New Forum

Saru

29 minutes ago, Myles said:

That did come up as a link.   I wonder why some do not.    Thanks.

Wild guess here: are the links that don't work from before the UM Update?

6 hours ago, Saru said:

There's no way to do this - the forum ( and database ) have been completely reworked to use the new editor.

For the vast majority of users though the new WYSIWYG editor is much easier to use.

If you’re wanting honest feedback, that’s a crappy answer.  The decision makers need to make more informed decisions before purchasing a new product.  In any kind of advanced system like this forum, you always need to have a fallback raw editor.  I really don’t like to fight trying to outthink the app in where it thinks I want quoting, line spacing etc.

If you don’t want honest feedback, then I love it.  I’ll learn how to use it better and find the tricks to get around things.

Take it down a notch Ravenhawk. Saru takes everything under advisement and is providing you an honest timely answer. If you don't like it then tough. This is still the best run forum on the internet.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

If you’re wanting honest feedback, that’s a crappy answer.  The decision makers need to make more informed decisions before purchasing a new product.  In any kind of advanced system like this forum, you always need to have a fallback raw editor.  I really don’t like to fight trying to outthink the app in where it thinks I want quoting, line spacing etc.

If you don’t want honest feedback, then I love it.  I’ll learn how to use it better and find the tricks to get around things.

Whether you think the answer is crappy or not, it is the truth - the new editor is here to stay so get used to it.

An informed decision on whether to update a piece of software is not based on whether or not you personally approve of it.

• Like 6

I am using my tablet and it has no status update section. The old version gave me the option of viewing  everything. Now it does not and I have no status updates.

I like the new site but there seems to be too many things to do....as if they have tried to make things easier but all its done is made it really confusing for the technolgically challenged.

Sometimes those sitting at computers programming all day need to realise,  some of us like the simpler things in life.

Anyway, am not complaining....really....just want to know why I have no easy way of finding the status updates on my tablet.

• Like 1

Status updates on mobile/tablet are going to be looked at.

• Like 1

Ok thankyou. Can you give your webmaster an extra cookie to speed it up, my laptop has packed up and I do not want to start a thread asking Mark One when he is going to the chippy.

• Like 2

Well you're in luck, I had the next set of updates ready to announce anyway.

Update:

• All sidebar widgets ( yes, including status updates ) now appear on mobile devices at the bottom of the page
  • Fixed home page statistics
  • The comment box on main site news and videos is now working again
  • Signatures have been rebuilt and no longer show old BBcodes
  • The post rebuild process has been fixed and is running again

I believe this means that pretty much everything available on desktop is now available for users on mobile/tablet as well.

• Like 7

Thanks for the newest update Saru! :D

• Like 3

Saru, just out of curiosity, when do you expect to finish all this colossal job?

4 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Saru, just out of curiosity, when do you expect to finish all this colossal job?

I think we're getting there now - especially when the post rebuild finishes.

The other main issues ( disabled activity stream options and tags ) are being investigated by two Invision developers.

Excellent news, see what an extra cookie can achieve.;)

But you have to have cookies enabled. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

But you have to have cookies enabled. 

And you have problem with that?

Well, you wouldn't be able to enjoy one of FTR's tasty home baked cookies if you didn't. :( 

• Like 1

Invision developers????.....got to love these tech guys.:D

Saru, just another question about somewhat annoying thing: will you reduce stats font size (ipsDataItem_statsLarge)?

19 minutes ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

Well, you wouldn't be able to enjoy one of FTR's tasty home baked cookies if you didn't. :( 

Whos FTR?...

1 minute ago, bmk1245 said:

Whos FTR?...

freetoroam.

Edited by Otto von Pickelhaube

4 minutes ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

freetoroam.

Dammit... Stupid me...:blush:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Saru, just another question about somewhat annoying thing: will you reduce stats font size (ipsDataItem_statsLarge)?

I can't see anything wrong with the size it is at the moment.

19 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Dammit... Stupid me...:blush:

:P

6 minutes ago, Saru said:

I can't see anything wrong with the size it is at the moment.

It catches the eye way too much, plus, it eats space from other columns (when zooming to the point it switches to tablet). There were already complaints from folks with poor eyesight (I'm not an eagle myself) about that switching.

Anyway, that isn't critical. I'm already getting used to the new look of the forum.

32 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

It catches the eye way too much, plus, it eats space from other columns (when zooming to the point it switches to tablet). There were already complaints from folks with poor eyesight (I'm not an eagle myself) about that switching.

Anyway, that isn't critical. I'm already getting used to the new look of the forum.

I don't see what you are seeing and I might be wrong but I have a feeling that is an issue with your settings. 

7 minutes ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

I don't see what you are seeing and I might be wrong but I have a feeling that is an issue with your settings. 

I get that on Edge, Opera, and IE. I can post screenshots of that.

• The title was changed to [Complete] New Forum
  • The topic was locked