Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Complete] New Forum

Saru

Just now, ouija ouija said:

'report post' is now just above your text. From 'third_eye' keep going to your right about 4". :st

I know ... I was looking for a 'button' :lol:

I keep my mouse pointer on the edge of the screens to keep the annoying pop up notifications from popping up ~

• Like 1

After the update… this forum has actually been harder to use. I mean, I really like the layout, the appearance, the new things you can do when you're on mobile and posting, then ability to follow and have a background and a profile picture, but, can somebody exactly show me how the desktop version of this forum would look like? When I'm on mobile (as I am right now), I keep requesting the desktop version of this forum, but it just brings me to the same exact place. 

So far, this is kind of hard to use, even though the idea is pretty good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BehindYou said:

When I'm on mobile (as I am right now), I keep requesting the desktop version of this forum, but it just brings me to the same exact place. 

The mobile version is essentially the same as the desktop version, it's a responsive layout.

The only difference is that it collapses down so that it will fit on the smaller screen.

4 hours ago, third_eye said:

I know ... I was looking for a 'button' :lol:

I keep my mouse pointer on the edge of the screens to keep the annoying pop up notifications from popping up ~

I've just realised: what is the point of me saying "4" to the right of your name" when the number of inches will depend on the size of the screen! :blush: *slaps self*

Also, @ Saru: How are you doing? Been entertaining any thoughts of throwing yourself off a cliff? Or can you, perhaps, see the light at the end of the tunnel? (Little UM-themed joke there :lol:)

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Also, @ Saru: How are you doing? Been entertaining any thoughts of throwing yourself off a cliff? Or can you, perhaps, see the light at the end of the tunnel? (Little UM-themed joke there :lol:)

I think we're getting there. :tu:

• Like 3

15 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

My lap top does not have my name at the top when I sign in,only the list of a  the main  topics and way over people`s avatars, no other  data in between or  any where like before. My PC brings in up like before, but not my lap top     

ok now I am back on my PC and can get much, but when on my lap top get nothing  and actually  have to type in search to get any info :)

I'm the last standing dinosaur on dial-up.

I love the change!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

ok now I am back on my PC and can get much, but when on my lap top get nothing  and actually  have to type in search to get any info :)

It sounds like this might be more of a problem with your laptop than with the site.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing on your laptop ?

Message replies seems funny.Jeez Alou its no biggie.Keep up the good work.Ps if it happens again i will have the mob on you

1 hour ago, TopToffee said:

Message replies seems funny.Jeez Alou its no biggie.Keep up the good work.Ps if it happens again i will have the mob on you

Is this in some sort of code? :mellow:

• Like 3

I'm not reading every page of this disaster so I apologize if this has been mentioned.

I navigate here using my phone, cookies accepted but I can never enter a thread to "last post read". Always from the top.

Please fix because I'm lazy.

8 minutes ago, Kurzweil said:

I'm not reading every page of this disaster so I apologize if this has been mentioned.

I navigate here using my phone, cookies accepted but I can never enter a thread to "last post read". Always from the top.

Please fix because I'm lazy.

From the topic index, click on the date on the right-hand side of a thread to go to the most recent post.

Thank you but that still sounds like a lot of unnecessary clicking.  I don't want to see the most recent I want it to take over where I left off.

On 06/06/2016 at 4:48 PM, Kurzweil said:

Thank you but that still sounds like a lot of unnecessary clicking.

It's one click - no different to clicking on the topic title to read from the beginning.

On 06/06/2016 at 4:48 PM, Kurzweil said:

I don't want to see the most recent I want it to take over where I left off.

The "go to first unread post" link is the little blue circle to the left of the thread title.

Edited by Saru
Updated answer

On 5/23/2016 at 0:18 PM, barbco196 said:

Anyone else having issues quoting posts? I try and quote a post and the box has an older quoted post in it. Not the one I'm currently quoting.

It seems to be intermittent for me.  It allowed me to quote you here but the last quote I tried behaved as you explained.

If an older, unfinished post appears in the editor when you go to post, delete it, then start again.

It records what you've written to help you avoid losing your post if you accidentally move off the page.

Since the update is now more or less complete and as most of the questions being raised here are more general support than bug reports, I've opened a new thread in the Help and Support Desk where members can go to ask for general assistance.

In the meantime I'm going to close this thread for now but will be updating it with news about the final few fixes once they are complete. You can also find an up-to-date list of everything that is still in progress in the opening post.

• Like 3

• The topic was locked

Update

• Topic tags are now back
  • All activity streams are now re-enabled - the most useful have been added to the main menu
  • All search, activity stream and profile functions now work significantly faster

You can now view the activity of your own topics by clicking "Content I Started".

To keep track of all the threads you are active in click "Content I Posted In".

• Like 3

• The title was changed to [Complete] New Forum