Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Complete] New Forum

Saru

15 minutes ago, Morning_Bird said:

What's wrong with my inbox? I'm using the mobile version of the site and I don't have access to my messages. It says disabled messager.

There's no option of a full version of the forum for cellphones like in the "old" forum?

That's true, it doesn't seem to have status updates and you seem to be restricted to the "mobile version", which is frankly useless. I do hope this won't be permanent, otherwise it would seriously reduce the convenience of being able to look at it on your phone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saru said:

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do ( aside from removing the thread ) until the database has been rebuilt.

Once that happens the spoiler tags should work again.

In the meantime I'd suggest just avoiding the Game of Thrones thread until this has been done.

I am avoiding the thread as usual, that isn't the issue. But the option to see what's new now has text from the last post in it, so just by checking whats new one can see potential spoilers without even going to the thread

Is it going to continue to show every time someone posts or will it go back to just showing the individual threads in the order of activity?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vlawde said:

I am avoiding the thread as usual, that isn't the issue. But the option to see what's new now has text from the last post in it, so just by checking whats new one can see potential spoilers without even going to the thread

I've closed the thread for now - with no new posts that should stop spoilers showing up in the content feeds.

20 minutes ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

That's true, it doesn't seem to have status updates and you seem to be restricted to the "mobile version", which is frankly useless. I do hope this won't be permanent, otherwise it would seriously reduce the convenience of being able to look at it on your phone.

The mobile version is actually responsive so it essentially fits whatever device you are using.

It may be possible to include the sidebar on the mobile version, it will need to be looked in to.

11 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Is it going to continue to show every time someone posts or will it go back to just showing the individual threads in the order of activity?

Which section of the forums are you referring to specifically ?

I browsed through this thread and didn't see anything on it and its likely an issue with the main page integration... but the home page keeps showing me as not logged in, but if I click the forum link it shows I am already logged in. Nothing major, just a slight annoyance that I am sure you are already aware of.

4 hours ago, eight bits said:

Strange but not fatal: when I login, I get sent to the site main page. I am apparently not logged in, and a "login" link appears under the banner at the top of the page. Clicking that sends me to a "sorry that page doesn't exist" message - but now I am logged in.

The main site integration should now be set up properly, are you still experiencing this issue ?

The spoiler tags are working.

If you are going to post anything that may be a spoiler include:  

Your Text

Please use this

You can even use it multiple times.

Edited by Use your brain

2 hours ago, AZDZ said:

Will the 'erase formatting' button return?

This already exists, paste something in and a prompt should come up at the bottom of the editor.

1 hour ago, barbco196 said:

Anyone else having issues quoting posts? I try and quote a post and the box has an older quoted post in it. Not the one I'm currently quoting.

I haven't run across this - does it happen in any thread in particular ?

Additionally, just spent about 30 minutes writing a post in "Stories etc".

Posted and it didn't register as a post in that thread, had to sign back in again. Frustrating.

2 minutes ago, Use your brain said:

The spoiler tags are working.

If you are going to post anything that may be a spoiler include:  

Your Text

Reveal hidden contents

Please use this

Reveal hidden contents

The issue is the older ones though as the database rebuild hasn't got to those yet.

Anything posted after the forum update should work fine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dredimus said:

I browsed through this thread and didn't see anything on it and its likely an issue with the main page integration... but the home page keeps showing me as not logged in, but if I click the forum link it shows I am already logged in. Nothing major, just a slight annoyance that I am sure you are already aware of.

Yes that's something I noticed in testing - I will need to get on Invision about that one.

3 minutes ago, Saru said:

The main site integration should now be set up properly, are you still experiencing this issue ?

Still having this issue... just refreshed and dumped Cache and its still there.

The individual forums are normal, it's the main activity that is showing every time someone posts instead of just taking the thread to the top of the page.

Edited by Michelle

I complained a little about the changes earlier, back to say that I am starting to like the alerts, when I tab to read a link I get live alerts for likes and stuff and I am 'liking' that.  Just having to get used to things. Good work thought! ;)

5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

The individual forums are normal, it's the main activity that is showing every time someone posts.

The activity feeds allow for various configurations to be set up so I believe you can set it to your own preferences.

It should also be possible to have pre-made options set up too - these are things that will take a bit of time to do.

1 minute ago, Saru said:

The activity feeds allow for various configurations to be set up so I believe you can set it to your own preferences.

It should also be possible to have pre-made options set up too - these are things that will take a bit of time to do.

No problem. Let me know what I need to do when the dust settles on your soft opening.

11 minutes ago, Saru said:

Most of it has gone away. The only part that's left is that when I sign in from the Forum page, I still get shifted to the main site page (In the former setup, if I logged in from the Forum page, then I stayed there). I am logged in, though, and the "page doesn't exist" thing doesn't happen anymore.

Thanks!

All this technical talk is a bit confusing. I'll just wait & see how it turns out, I think. I'm disappointed about the mobile version, though; "full version" worked fine with the old version, but now apparently we're stuck with the 'mobile version'? That really does seem a step backwards. 

I feel like i have just walked into a new classroom and am finding myself round my new desk.  I like the likeys on the status updates.

• Like 2

STAFF????

LOL. What happened to moderators? 

Do we have to call you staff now, like "staff, the toilet has overflowed again" or "if you have a problem, please report to a member of staff"?

7 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

STAFF????

LOL. What happened to moderators? 

Do we have to call you staff now, like "staff, the toilet has overflowed again" or "if you have a problem, please report to a member of staff"?

"Staff" is just the default language string Invision Board uses for the moderator list - it's typically the word that's used on most forums.

48 minutes ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

All this technical talk is a bit confusing. I'll just wait & see how it turns out, I think. I'm disappointed about the mobile version, though; "full version" worked fine with the old version, but now apparently we're stuck with the 'mobile version'? That really does seem a step backwards. 

I think your concern there is with not being able to view statuses on mobile, rather than the lack of a desktop switch option.

As I've said before, nothing is set in stone - I'm sure a solution will present itself.

No, you don't seem to be able to get the full version on mobiles, which you used to, and I'm afraid the "mobile version" really is no substitute. You don't have notifications or anything on there. 

2 minutes ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

No, you don't seem to be able to get the full version on mobiles, which you used to, and I'm afraid the "mobile version" really is no substitute. You don't have notifications or anything on there. 

They are actually the same thing - just shrink the width of your browser window and you'll see what I mean.

The only difference between them is that some elements are hidden/reorganized to fit on the smaller screen.

• The title was changed to [Complete] New Forum
  • The topic was locked