Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Complete] New Forum

Saru

1 hour ago, Harte said:

I tried to re-upload the gif of my beating avatar but the site keeps telling me to crop it by dragging the "handles."

I tried to just save it, and now I have no avatar.

I went back and did it again, this time cropping it a little - same result.

Harte

Yes, I've noticed how your stalwart heart has stopped beating. I'm tempted to use the paddles.

• Like 3

The pages load noticeably faster now. :tu:

6 hours ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

I've been trying to reply in the "Stephen King Joins Hundreds of Authors In Blasting Trump" thread, but I get stuck with a box saying "8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:" which I can't get rid of, and which prevents me from replying to anything else, both when I try "New reply" and "Quote". It means that I can't reply in that thread, and that makes me sad. :( 

I experienced some of that too, and sometimes deleting it didn't work, it left a quote box I couldn't delete. I did find that if I tried to quote someone and it put a different quote in, that I could do a CTRL Z and clear the text box, and then try quoting them again.

1 hour ago, ZZ430 said:

Definitely. I tried a couple of very long threads that always lagged when I used to click into them, and they loaded much faster.

That is a big plus.:tsu:

On 5/23/2016 at 6:52 AM, ouija ouija said:

I suppose it doesn't quite count as an 'issue' but I don't like the idea of 'followers'. What was wrong with the friends system?

And I've just noticed the 'top' button is missing .... it's very important!

I agree, I rather liked the friends concept. 

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I tried searching, but didn't find anything.

Question: Is there no longer going to be a top ten daily posters list to admire oneself on?

There was a top ten daily posters list? :huh:

Cheers,

Badeskov

1 hour ago, badeskov said:

There was a top ten daily posters list? :huh:

Cheers,

Badeskov

Yeah, it was at the very bottom of the main Home page. Also a list of lifetime posters. I think I was like #15 or something.

2 hours ago, aztek said:

did we loose join date forever, or it may be back latter?

It says that on your Profile now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ZZ430 said:

4 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Definitely. I tried a couple of very long threads that always lagged when I used to click into them, and they loaded much faster.

That is a big plus.:tsu:

I have to disagree :(. Everything is much slower for me now to the point where I keep thinking I've missed whatever it was I thought I was clicking on and need to click on it again. :cry:

1 hour ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

It says that on your Profile now. 

Okay, I was just going to have a whinge about having to go to a person's profile to see when they joined, but then I discovered that I just have to hover over the person's avatar and that info appears :tu:

• Like 1

Update:

Just installed the latest maintenance patch which will have fixed a number of bugs on the forum but seemed to produce a conflict with the plugins which brought the whole site down for the better part of an hour.

The status updates are back to the old version until the cause of this problem can be figured out.

• Like 3

Update

Ok apologies for the disruption - the new status updates widget is now back and so are the topic descriptions. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Yeah, it was at the very bottom of the main Home page. Also a list of lifetime posters. I think I was like #15 or something.

Oh. I never noticed. Some eight years ago or so there was a kind of pull-down menu with options like that, but that disappeared during a forum update and I honestly never thought of it just being relocated. 

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

I'm wondering if Saru is experiencing sensory overload? I feel some sympathy for the poor fella.

• Like 3

I've just noticed that it appears that 'Content I Posted In' seems to give a seemingly random list of entries, some as far back as 2012, even when set to 'Newest first'. This was slightly confusing. I expect this is probably a Bug.

The rebuild tool is starting to reindex all the old posts and topics - the activity tools may be a bit haphazard until its done.

Also the "Content I posted in" stream is loading very slow right now - it's just a case of waiting while everything gets sorted.

• Like 1

Everything's loading slowly - for me, but it might be my connection too.

I also miss the old (yes, I know it's old) concept of friends, following is too... active for my weird (yes, I know it's weird) taste. 

On the upside, it's great that we can like statuses now too :tsu:

• Like 4

20 hours ago, ZZ430 said:

I hope I wasn't too hasty in posting that.

When I reply to a topic it takes a long time from clicking "Submit reply" to actually getting the post up. I see "Saving" for quite a while, and it just sits there.

Edit: It took over 2 minutes for this to be posted.

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 3

We're on a different part of the database background processes which is taxing a different part of the forum's functionality.

It will take time for everything to get sorted out behind the scenes.

• Like 3

First time on in almost 3 weeks and i must say WOW...

It's different,wasn't expecting the system shock lol...

I won't be on enough the next 2 1/2 months to really be bothered by growing pains,but @ Saru...Will/Can we get a desk top version for mobile as an option?

If not no biggie,you got your hands full atm anyways!

Nice job from what i've seen so far,as said before i got time on my said to let bugs get worked out.  :D

How's come when I sigh in on my PC my name is there, but when I sign in on my laptop it doesn't come in and still in any way my content is ,nt there any more.

29 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

How's come when I sigh in on my PC my name is there, but when I sign in on my laptop it doesn't come in and still in any way my content is ,nt there any more.

to add can`nt seem to edit my post  or do much of any thing, any more , I getting so frustrated I`m about to give up on this site all together.:(

Just to add (and be a pest)...

I just recently added my third circle to my stars,now i'm back to two...

What kinda racket you got runnin here Saru?!!!...

:lol:

I recently had someone reconfigure a site for me and it wasn't anywhere near the amount of traffic this site takes in on a given day...

Be glad Saru is in charge here,because if it was me all you a holes would be sitting at home twiddling your thumbs for the next coupla days lmao

Jk folks,i really do feel for Saru atm...

• Like 6

• The title was changed to [Complete] New Forum
  • The topic was locked