Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Complete] New Forum


Saru
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

No, you don't seem to be able to get the full version on mobiles, which you used to, and I'm afraid the "mobile version" really is no substitute. You don't have notifications or anything on there. 

 

stop moaning and go make another status update, I want to bombard you with notifications.:D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, just found my "contents".....its now all under my  activities stream.

 

Man, that makes me feel fit.:rofl:       activities....hehe.:D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the subject of notifications, I wonder if it might be useful if you could select which ones you get, so that you only get them for 'likes', like you used to? I rather suspect that getting notofications every time someone replies in a status update that you've replied in might rather lead to things being swamped rather.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

On the subject of notifications, I wonder if it might be useful if you could select which ones you get, so that you only get them for 'likes', like you used to? I rather suspect that getting notofications every time someone replies in a status update that you've replied in might rather lead to things being swamped rather.

LOL   . I just mentioned that about you and your numerous status updates Otto, (somewhere) this could turn in to a full time clicking thing for you.  

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Ok, just found my "contents".....its now all under my  activities stream.

 

Man, that makes me feel fit.:rofl:       activities....hehe.:D

So where the heck is "Activities steam"? 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

* Stream. I'm having difficulty with my R's today. <_<

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

* Stream. I'm having difficulty with my R's today. <_<

i think you got it right the 1st time, the way things are going  - steam is right.

Anyway, top left, next to FORUM,.activiy, takes you into your own gym.:sk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see, I think, so now you have to like click half a dozen times to get there. It seems to be under 'Content I posted in' which is a sub-menu of "My Activity Streams" which is a sub-menu of "All content" which is a sub-menu of 'Activity' which you have to click on, or something like that. That's so much easier. :unsure:

Edited by Otto von Pickelhaube
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
4 minutes ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

I see, I think, so now you have to like click half a dozen times to get there. It seems to be under 'Content I posted in' which is a sub-menu of "My Activity Streams" which is a sub-menu of "All content" which is a sub-menu of 'Activity' which you have to click on, or something like that. That's so much easier. :unsure:

I'm sure we can include some additional shortcuts to the most commonly used features - everything is still very new, give it time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Saru said:

Try it again now, some of the account settings reset when the member table was converted.

You should be able to access the messenger via the mobile site.

Thank you, Saru. My messenger is working now. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Saru said:

What browser/device are you using ?

'My Content' hasn't gone - it's just that we're currently rebuilding the database and all search-related functions aren't working right now. You won't need to follow each thread individually.

Saru, viewed the site at home and all is good so please disregard my earlier post about the >>

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
24 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Saru, viewed the site at home and all is good so please disregard my earlier post about the >>

Ok no problem.

55 minutes ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

On the subject of notifications, I wonder if it might be useful if you could select which ones you get, so that you only get them for 'likes', like you used to? I rather suspect that getting notofications every time someone replies in a status update that you've replied in might rather lead to things being swamped rather.

Here you go:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/notifications/options/

Scroll down to get an exhaustive list of notification options.

( The link is at the top right of the notifications drop down box )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Edit: nevermind, just saw a post explaining what is causing the missing My Content link.

Edited by Wickian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I notice logging in anonymously adds your name to the online list. It didn't used to do that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
9 minutes ago, Euphorbia said:

I notice logging in anonymously adds your name to the online list. It didn't used to do that.

If you are logged in anonymously then nobody else can see that you are there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just realised some of my fav topics are now unreadable   :(  :( ....  (oh , it does smilies twice now )     they are full of  brackets with commands, mumbo jumbo, letters and symbols  all through them 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

* Stream. I'm having difficulty with my R's today. <_<

I'm sorry to hear your a**e is troubling you today .............

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Saru said:

This already exists, paste something in and a prompt should come up at the bottom of the editor.

I haven't run across this - does it happen in any thread in particular ?

Bingo! :)

4 hours ago, barbco196 said:

Anyone else having issues quoting posts? I try and quote a post and the box has an older quoted post in it. Not the one I'm currently quoting.

Did you use multi-quote button?  Quotes using that button that you don't specifically make sure to add to post will carry over to next time you use it.  

BTW, for everyone's information; another way to quote something is to drag the mouse to highlight desired text. Let go and a "Quote this" option button will appear.  

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

stop moaning and go make another status update, I want to bombard you with notifications.:D

If I write your name like this>>> @freetoroam Did you get a notification?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
8 minutes ago, back to earth said:

I just realised some of my fav topics are now unreadable   :(  :( ....  (oh , it does smilies twice now )     they are full of  brackets with commands, mumbo jumbo, letters and symbols  all through them 

See the top post - the database is being rebuilt because all the posts and other content need to be converted to a new format.

They will all work fine again within a few days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quotes in this thread look the way they normally do. But in other threads they aren't separated in their own box, and you can see the

tags

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks Great Saru, thank you for providing this great forum for us. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Vlawde said:

Quotes in this thread look the way they normally do. But in other threads they aren't separated in their own box, and you can see the

I am seeing that too, I am on Mac.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
35 minutes ago, Vlawde said:

Quotes in this thread look the way they normally do. But in other threads they aren't separated in their own box, and you can see the

Just now, psyche101 said:

I am seeing that too, I am on Mac.

Again, this is due to the database being rebuilt to convert all the old content in to the new format.

It will take several days - all the old posts will display correctly after that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to [Complete] New Forum
  • The topic was locked
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.