Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Phoenician with European DNA

seeder

First DNA from ancient Phoenician shows European ancestry: 2,500-year-old skeleton could rewrite history of human migration

Phoenicians were one of the great early civilizations of the Middle East

The DNA came from a man known as 'Young Man of Byrsa' or 'Ariche'

Contained an extremely rare type of genome sequence, known as U5b2c

Suggest maternal lineage likely came from the north Mediterranean coast

Scientists were expecting to find DNA of indigenous North African lineage

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3611457/Ancient-DNA-study-finds-Phoenician-Carthage-European-ancestry.html#ixzz49nbWH8CO

Are we to infer from this that the consensus previously was that Phoenicians didn't sail to the European coast until after 500 BC?

Harte

Celts and others were being sold as slaves in the Levant during that time which might account for the DNA. As noted the Phoes' were trading eveyrwhere from the Black Sea to perhaps the Biscay Bay so that is not that unusual.

bnXKXMe.jpg

• Like 1

I guess the title is misleading, it should say: Europeans with Phoenician DNA... but then we all would shrug our shoulders and say: "so what?"

• Like 3

Yes, the Navy actually earns its reputation.

Harte

On 27 May 2016 at 9:18 AM, Hanslune said:

Celts and others were being sold as slaves in the Levant during that time which might account for the DNA. As noted the Phoes' were trading eveyrwhere from the Black Sea to perhaps the Biscay Bay so that is not that unusual.

bnXKXMe.jpg

I advise you to read the following link. http://www.seeker.com/dna-captured-from-2500-year-old-phoenician-1819978957.html?slide=OclirI

i do believe that it's the same story only this link has more information. The young mans skeleton seems to have been buried with gems and other artefacts that would seem to indicate a well born buried with many honours and respect. Something you would expect from someone other than a slave or foreigner. 

1 hour ago, Leto said:

I advise you to read the following link. http://www.seeker.com/dna-captured-from-2500-year-old-phoenician-1819978957.html?slide=OclirI

i do believe that it's the same story only this link has more information. The young mans skeleton seems to have been buried with gems and other artefacts that would seem to indicate a well born buried with many honours and respect. Something you would expect from someone other than a slave or foreigner. 

or he was the mistress of the house's favourite boytoy...

• Like 1

Yes I was presuming a European as a wife/concubine or slave who may have been his mother. Phoe's who lived a traders life away from the homeland often took locals as wives.

3 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Yes I was presuming a European as a wife/concubine or slave who may have been his mother. Phoe's who lived a traders life away from the homeland often took locals as wives.

That is precisely the point, people who have contact with each other intermingle with each other making their descendants have both their DNA. That is no mystery, that is a fact. And was much more so in a time when family was more important than tribe and more important than that before the invention of the nation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, questionmark said:

That is precisely the point, people who have contact with each other intermingle with each other making their descendants have both their DNA. That is no mystery, that is a fact. And was much more so in a time when family was more important than tribe and more important than that before the invention of the nation.

Such familial and tribal interests are still foremost for many people. In the Arab nations I use to work in loyalty was first to your family, clan, tribe and local sheikh the 'country' was a nebulous idea at best.

Edited by Hanslune

• 4 weeks later...

Right, after the Trojan War the Greeks and Phoenicians settled off to Ireland and Britain to create what eventually became the second troy. Irland and England today are loaded with Phoeniccian symbols and temples, these folk have no idea they are Summerians today so every European country is divided to ensure being obedient to their supreme rulers. 

1 hour ago, TzarSeft said:

Right, after the Trojan War the Greeks and Phoenicians settled off to Ireland and Britain to create what eventually became the second troy. Irland and England today are loaded with Phoeniccian symbols and temples, these folk have no idea they are Summerians today so every European country is divided to ensure being obedient to their supreme rulers. 

I imagine most Britons would be amazed to discover they're actually Summerians. Especially since there's no particular connections between Sumerians and Phoeniccians.

...but if a man can't assemble his ravings into a semi-coherent conspiracy theory and post them here on UM, what is the site even good for?

--Jaylemurph

• Like 5

3 hours ago, TzarSeft said:

Right, after the Trojan War the Greeks and Phoenicians settled off to Ireland and Britain to create what eventually became the second troy. Irland and England today are loaded with Phoeniccian symbols and temples,

Say what?

these folk have no idea they are Summerians today so every European country is divided to ensure being obedient to their supreme rulers. 

Oh my this sounds down right conspiratorial - come'on throw us the details oh enlighten one!

• Like 1

Yeah you tell me why theres Phoennician temples both in Ireland and England? Explain yourself fools why England's flag colors, dragon on it and on Ireland. Summerians are traced all over Europe through treasures, tombs, royalty bloodlines, even more. Some countries such as Hungary and Bulgaria keep the aryan name in their lands because they know they are pure bloodlines of the summerians. Are you denouncing Thracians, Dacians mercenaries fighting on both sides of the Trojan War? You should ask where the soldiers came from which Thracia isn't far from what today is Turkey and Greece. Today Greeks continue fooling the world with their Greek Yogurt which in fact is of Bulgarian creation. Buglaricus the original prototype and should remain patent in Bulgaria. Greek Yogurt is a brand that many people are fooled. THis is the same analogy how you are to foretell history the way you see it on TV and your local library books because in reality both science and religion are fiction and mind control.

Royal bloodlines rule the world. 

I dare ask, who in the blue hell is asking about conspiracy theories? You claim you've done your research in Europe? Come visit before ISIS ruins it all. In addition, Celtic warrior from 4th century BC was buried on the hill of my village. How do you explain that mr. conspiracy theorist pointing fingers for not doing their homework?

Edited by TzarSeft

9 hours ago, TzarSeft said:

Yeah you tell me why theres Phoennician temples both in Ireland and England?

Its your claim not mine could you point to these temples - now there should be Phoenician material in Ireland but pottery and such is not exactly a temple. The Phoenicians traded with western Europe but you seem to be claiming they colonized it??

Explain yourself fools why England's flag colors, dragon on it and on Ireland.

Your claim

Summerians are traced all over Europe through treasures, tombs, royalty bloodlines, even more.

Could you link us to a Sumerian tomb - why did you switch from talking about Phoenician to 'Summerians' - thousands of years apart

Some countries such as Hungary and Bulgaria keep the aryan name in their lands because they know they are pure bloodlines of the summerians

????

Are you denouncing Thracians, Dacians mercenaries fighting on both sides of the Trojan War?

Denouncing? I rather like Thracians, Dacians and other mercenaries fighting on both sides of the Trojan war....but what does this have to do with the question at hand?

You should ask where the soldiers came from which Thracia isn't far from what today is Turkey and Greece. Today Greeks continue fooling the world with their Greek Yogurt which in fact is of Bulgarian creation. Buglaricus the original prototype and should remain patent in Bulgaria. Greek Yogurt is a brand that many people are fooled. THis is the same analogy how you are to foretell history the way you see it on TV and your local library books because in reality both science and religion are fiction and mind control.

Yogurt? Mind control????

Royal bloodlines rule the world. 

They do? What "royal" bloodline rules China?

I dare ask, who in the blue hell is asking about conspiracy theories? You claim you've done your research in Europe? Come visit before ISIS ruins it all. In addition, Celtic warrior from 4th century BC was buried on the hill of my village. How do you explain that mr. conspiracy theorist pointing fingers for not doing their homework?

You seem to be talking about them now.  However I would note that your paragraphs above are a strange mix of emotion, claims, questions and non-sequiturs that really don't mix well.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Its your claim not mine could you point to these temples - now there should be Phoenician material in Ireland but pottery and such is not exactly a temple. The Phoenicians traded with western Europe but you seem to be claiming they colonized it??

Your claim

Could you link us to a Sumerian tomb - why did you switch from talking about Phoenician to 'Summerians' - thousands of years apart

????

Denouncing? I rather like Thracians, Dacians and other mercenaries fighting on both sides of the Trojan war....but what does this have to do with the question at hand?

Yogurt? Mind control????

They do? What "royal" bloodline rules China?

You seem to be talking about them now.  However I would note that your paragraphs above are a strange mix of emotion, claims, questions and non-sequiturs that really don't mix well.

congratulations, I wanted to sift through that drivel but after the second impending headache I gave up.

On 5/27/2016 at 2:18 AM, Hanslune said:

bnXKXMe.jpg

Hey, that map is incomplete! On that little isl;and you see between Crete and Rhodes the Phoenicians also had a colony, to this day the area is called Phoeniki (pronounced Finiki). They used to collect some bugs there and process them to red dye.

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, questionmark said:

congratulations, I wanted to sift through that drivel but after the second impending headache I gave up.

It was a tad pretentious and sadly lacking in organization but hopefully he will respond - I'm actually interested in knowing what he would consider to be evidence of the Sumerians in Europe.

9 minutes ago, questionmark said:

Hey, that map is incomplete! On that little isl;and you see between Crete and Rhodes the Phoenicians also had a colony, to this day the area is called Phoeniki (pronounced Finiki). They used to collect some bugs there and process them to red dye.

Yep they left that off. Do you mean Karpathos or Chakli? I visited both many years ago in a  gulette - delightful places indeed!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrian_purple

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Yep they left that off. Do you mean Karpathos or Chakli? I visited both many years ago in a  gulette - delightful places indeed!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrian_purple

Karpathos, I lived there for 15 years about 5 miles from Finiki up the hill.

• Like 1

I watched a documentary where they traced the DNA of the San Bushmen from Africa to the middle east across India, Indonesia, Australia, Tibet, China and all along the west coast of North America and they stopped their search when they found the DNA in the Navajo. One of the groups tested was in the area of the ancient Phoenicians.

I really don't think that using DNA will give an accurate road map to migration patterns but it will give an approximate.

37 minutes ago, questionmark said:

Karpathos, I lived there for 15 years about 5 miles from Finiki up the hill.

Lucky you I am certain envious!

41 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

I watched a documentary where they traced the DNA of the San Bushmen from Africa to the middle east across India, Indonesia, Australia, Tibet, China and all along the west coast of North America and they stopped their search when they found the DNA in the Navajo. One of the groups tested was in the area of the ancient Phoenicians.

I really don't think that using DNA will give an accurate road map to migration patterns but it will give an approximate.

Yeah we all came from Africa at some point. The spread of Middle Eastern farmer culture up into the Balkans and up the Danube and elsewhere spread genes too.

I forget who Otzi was related to...off to find report

General report on that - news article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3399005/The-mystery-Otzi-s-wandering-father-Famous-iceman-s-parents-came-two-different-parts-Europe-fling-Alps.html

More specific:

http://www.mummytombs.com/otzi/dna.html

Edited by Hanslune

2 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Lucky you I am certain envious!

Islands are only "lucky" if after a short time you can get off.

I doubt I'll ever return to an island.

This website is just bla bla bla bla..

the greek yogurt is an example of censorship and propaganda.

Why should I tell you all the facts, I am not tracing my notes to get you the temple names, you do the homework yourself.

Hung - ARIAN

BULG - ARIAN

mr. ?????????????? what does that have to do with anything. My country is more rich in culture than all of yours.

SUM - ARYANS

ARYANS are connected to the ancient Summarians dumb dumb.