Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant alligator panics golfers on course

Still Waters

41 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

What, exactly, are you basing that assumption off of?

Uh, the Golf Club itself said that the gator was their mascot. In the article.

"He doesn’t bother anybody and they don’t bother him, he’s like a mascot for the course,” course employee Wendy Schofield told 3 News.,"

Edited by pallidin

On 5/31/2016 at 4:19 PM, EllJay said:

This one, that was caught in Florida recently, was pretty big as well.

Got me thinking of that poor women that was taken by a crocodile in Australia last week - can you imagine the horror of getting caught and dragged under by a beast like this!?! *shudders*

r8CnryV.jpg

If you didn't already have reason enough to move from Florida, you do now.

10 hours ago, Myles said:

Awesome, thanks for that.    I would have taken even more.  

Maybe follow with the golf cart.

LOL...oh yeah...get next to it...you know...for "perspective."

WHERE are the other VID'S or pics for such a long-term "mascot"

There are none but one. That's not even right. So, BS.

Edited by pallidin

Fake, two reasons, lighting is off, second, timing is off, watch the last few milliseconds that the alligator is visible, it doesn't slowly disappear over the horizon, it disappears in one frame. Alligators can grow this large, but i doubt something that heavy could move like that, it looks to be walking a good 4 ft off the ground if it is real.

7 minutes ago, grimsituation6 said:

Fake, two reasons, lighting is off, second, timing is off, watch the last few milliseconds that the alligator is visible, it doesn't slowly disappear over the horizon, it disappears in one frame. Alligators can grow this large, but i doubt something that heavy could move like that, it looks to be walking a good 4 ft off the ground if it is real.

Killjoy. 

I still have to love the quote of get next to it for perspective.

Fake or no...I'm still going to enjoy the pipedream that rich expletives might find themselves in peril of death on some posh golf course.

2 hours ago, pallidin said:

Uh, the Golf Club itself said that the gator was their mascot. In the article.

"He doesn’t bother anybody and they don’t bother him, he’s like a mascot for the course,” course employee Wendy Schofield told 3 News.,"

No, don't be obtuse.  I am referring to your claim that there should be "lots" of videos of the animal.  What are you basing that assumption off of?

2 hours ago, pallidin said:

WHERE are the other VID'S or pics for such a long-term "mascot"

There are none but one. That's not even right. So, BS.

That's just your opinion.

49 minutes ago, grimsituation6 said:

And you know alligator moving habits?

A fake 'gator in Florida is about as pointless and unlikely as a fake stripper in Vegas. Looks real enough to me, even blown up on a big screen.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

And you know alligator moving habits?

Its a matter of physics, an alligator that large would have much more deformity due to its massive weight. The largest animals exist where the pressure is that which they can handle, if the weigh too much they will collapse their lungs and numerous other deadly defects, cranium pressure being one, a larger animal will most likely have a larger brain, even though its gentic scaffolding is programmed for a smaller brain. This will in turn cause the brain to slowly be crushed.

How could something that big and slow catch food? This must be florida, that gator probably lives off fat hicks passed out drunk after a day of nascar and a case of stale warm budlight. "Get closer to it so we can get perspective"

17 minutes ago, grimsituation6 said:

Its a matter of physics, an alligator that large would have much more deformity due to its massive weight. The largest animals exist where the pressure is that which they can handle, if the weigh too much they will collapse their lungs and numerous other deadly defects, cranium pressure being one, a larger animal will most likely have a larger brain, even though its gentic scaffolding is programmed for a smaller brain. This will in turn cause the brain to slowly be crushed.

How long do you think it is supposed to be in that video.

To me it looks like maybe 10 or 11 feet long.

Apparently golfers now go looking for the 'gator. Lots of photos are now showing up online of it.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/06/01/the-giant-alligator-at-the-palmetto-florida-golf-course-is-definitely-real/

Based on these videos and photos, I'd still say he's around 10 feet long.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grimsituation6 said:

Then the answer is no, you don't know anything about gators then.  They do get that big.  They do move around on land.  They've survived for millions and millions of years despite your lack of education about them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grimsituation6 said:

How could something that big and slow catch food? This must be florida, that gator probably lives off fat hicks passed out drunk after a day of nascar and a case of stale warm budlight. "Get closer to it so we can get perspective"

Geez, open a book for once.

Saltwater crocs get even larger, and they don't have any problems supporting themselves with food.

BTW, gators and crocs are definitely not slow at all.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 1

Wouldn't that puppy be worth about 300 bucks- i dunno, swamp people. ..would call for an iron rather than club.

This makes international news. Yet I will guarantee that none of you have heard of a crocodile on the golf course in Rockhampton and another in the car park of the Kalka Hotel.

Of course, it was only Australia so it didn't matter. God's waiting room is far more important.

• Like 1

Just another human propel very realistic costume. Not very original, a few other have already popped last month.

Why fake?

The leg are moving like walking human legs, not gator, and they are too long, gator has much shorter legs.....

S

6 hours ago, Codenwarra said:

This makes international news. Yet I will guarantee that none of you have heard of a crocodile on the golf course in Rockhampton and another in the car park of the Kalka Hotel.

Of course, it was only Australia so it didn't matter. God's waiting room is far more important.

While everyone else was gawking, an Australian golfer nonchalantly ask to play through.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Hah, I love it when he just put his feet out and dropped like a sack of potato on the ground.

Like; "Oh **** how tired I am. I'm just gonna sleep here" :D

Edited by EllJay
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

While everyone else was gawking, an Australian golfer nonchalantly ask to play through.

The Australian ends up in the rough and casually retrieves his ball.irwin-2.jpg

• Like 2

Looked fake to me, but maybe it was just the angle.

I don't think I'll be playing golf there anytime soon.

Edited by Use your brain