Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"5 Reasons You Should NOT vote for Trump"

pallidin

You might want to give up on truth.  From candidates, its called spin.  From the news media its  called infotainment. Do you believe the Donald really wants to build a wall or keep Muslims out or is it just words to get a few of you to vote for him?  How do you believe Hillary?   The end of America may not be from terrorists or invasions, it may be the slow death of truth.  You can't believe politicians, you can't believe advertisers, you can't believe the press, even your neighbors may have a pretty loose grip on honesty.  How do you make a choice when anybody can lie to you?  

12 minutes ago, aztek said:

and that is a bad thing? MM lies thru their teeth 90%, of the time, give or take, and gets away with it,  it is about time they are held accountable. 

We don't agree on much, aztec, but this is one thing where we do.

21 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

What is an American to do? Canada is too cold to run to...

Dude! Global warming,duh.

14 minutes ago, aztek said:

and that is a bad thing? MM lies thru their teeth 90%, of the time, give or take, and gets away with it,  it is about time they are held accountable. 

The press has a right to ask questions of a possible presidential candidate. Trump even tries to sue people who just made jokes about him. Satire is not a crime and neither is freedom of the press. He even seems to be attempting to incite violence by calling out press members by name to be jeered at by his followers. How long until they start getting physically attacked? And why? Because they did their job? 

You know no matter how much he claims he's the victim in this...everyone can't be wrong. He's trying to discredit every mainstream news source, and they have to vet their stories. What's left? Alex Jones? 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjJxpe_7IXNAhUB8j4KHS9GB6QQqQIIHTAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmoney.cnn.com%2F2016%2F05%2F31%2Fmedia%2Fdonald-trump-reporter-sleaze%2Findex.html&usg=AFQjCNGwFb2DpLV7kq4YI-ymSO3gv3l_Eg

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 2

When he attacks the media it is obviously because he is trying to deflect away from the fact that he will not answer the questions posed to him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

You might want to give up on truth.  From candidates, its called spin.  From the news media its  called infotainment. Do you believe the Donald really wants to build a wall or keep Muslims out or is it just words to get a few of you to vote for him?  How do you believe Hillary?   The end of America may not be from terrorists or invasions, it may be the slow death of truth.  You can't believe politicians, you can't believe advertisers, you can't believe the press, even your neighbors may have a pretty loose grip on honesty.  How do you make a choice when anybody can lie to you?  

Well, it might be a good idea to choose someone who at least seems sane and intelligent. It would be a plus if they actually have some sort of experience that would help them with, you know, running the country. It would also be great if they weren't prone to rage tirades, given that they're gonna have access to the button. 

5 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

When he attacks the media it is obviously because he is trying to deflect away from the fact that he will not answer the questions posed to him. 

He attacks the media and I find it hilarious that they devoted a half hour to the empty stage that he was about to speak from. He's gotten so much free time from the media that he owes them. That's how he crushed his opponents in the primaries, by sucking all the air out of the room when he said something outrageous.

• Like 2

I should clarify my own quip about the modern media. I believe it serves an essential function in our democracy and I'm not really interested in limiting any form of free speech. But in my opinion (only my opinion) much of the media has become engorged in its own arrogance and seems more interested in trying to make news than report it. I feel news reporting should be objective and impartial on all fronts and not serve one or the other party.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

He even seems to be attempting to incite violence by calling out press members by name to be jeered at by his followers.

in case you missed it all the violence and riots comes from protesters. i really could not give less crap about wiseass reporters. all they do is attack him, yet when he turns the table they cry wolf. 

what piece of satire are you talking about?  

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

you do not, you assume everyone is lying until proven otherwise.

14 minutes ago, aztek said:

in case you missed it all the violence and riots comes from protesters. i really could not give less crap about wiseass reporters. all they do is attack him, yet when he turns the table they cry wolf. 

what piece of satire are you talking about?  

Well, when the press gets too afraid to ask questions, then it'll be a free-for-all and politicians won't have to answer to anyone. Asking questions isn't an attack. He feels "attacked" because people are asking for his tax returns. That's something that every candidate since the 70's has had to share. 

And he tried to sue Bill Maher for pointing out the similarity between him and an orangutan. As much as he might not like to hear it, there is one. 

• Like 1

He had to know that if he ran for president that he would be scrutinized. It's the job of the press to look for skeletons in his closet. If he doesn't have any, then why do the questions upset him so?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Well, when the press gets too afraid to ask questions, then it'll be a free-for-all and politicians won't have to answer to anyone. Asking questions isn't an attack. He feels "attacked" because people are asking for his tax returns. That's something that every candidate since the 70's has had to share. 

And he tried to sue Bill Maher for pointing out the similarity between him and an orangutan. As much as he might not like to hear it, there is one. 

The media has grown far too full of itself to be afraid of anyone or anything. And the media must be as aware as any of us are that it created the candidate Donald Trump. Without the press, Trump would still be just another vapid talking head on a tedious, half-baked reality show.

That said, I think most sensible people are aware that Trump is composed of about 15% hair and 85% air (most of it hot). He talks big and loves nothing more than to hear himself talk. He wishes us to think he has big plans, but he really has no plans. He has ideas, many of which are quite addled and nonsensical. Even if elected he would have little to no chance of enforcing his ideas. He doesn't seem to understand that a President is not all-powerful. The Executive branch has controls in place for a reason.

Trump doesn't want to be President. He wants to be Pharaoh. Luckily we don't have that position in our government. Yet.

Edited by kmt_sesh
Spelling
  • Like 1

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

The media has grown far too full of itself to be afraid of anyone or anything. And the media must be as aware as any of us are that it created the candidate Donald Trump. Without the press, Trump, would still be just another vapid talking head on a tedious, hlaf-baked reality show.

That said, I think most sensible people are aware that Trump is composed of about 15% hair and 85% air (most of it hot). He talks big and loves nothing more than to hear himself talk. He wishes us to think he has big plans, but he really has no plans. He has ideas, many of which are quite addled and nonsensical. Even if elected he would have little to no chance of enforcing his ideas. He doesn't seem to understand that a President is not all-powerful. The Executive branch has controls in place for a reason.

Trump doesn't want to be President. He wants to be Pharaoh. Luckily we don't have that position in our government. Yet.

I think it's cause for even more concern that he doesn't realize the president is not all-powerful. And since there are no moderates anymore, what makes you think that his ramblings are not a possibility? The controls only work if the rest are not equally mad. 

Mr. Trump does seem to be able to make people turn on a coin. One day they're screaming how horrible he is, and the next day they have nothing but good things to say about him. Why do you think that is? One might think he buys them off. And then there are the reports of connection to the mafia. However he does it, he manages to shut people up. Could he use that talent on Congress? Maybe. 

You're right. There isn't such a position...yet. 

3 hours ago, pbarosso said:

people complain about trump no having experience with this or that.

these are the same people that though Obama was the new Jesus. trump actually has 100000000000 times the experience than Obama at pretty much everything.

Well, yes.  He has a lot more experience at changing wives and dating supermodels than Obama has.

Just now, Kenemet said:

Well, yes.  He has a lot more experience at changing wives and dating supermodels than Obama has.

Way more experienced at bankruptcy, too.

23 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

What do you mean "when"? Obama and Hillary have been treated with kid gloves by the media and always have been. I've never seen two people that have been more protected for fear of not being PC.

Bloody hypocrites can compare Trump to an orangutan, Bush to a chimpanzee and hang effigies of both by the neck, but it's racist to do so against Obama.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, pallidin said:

Trump has no domestic or foreign policy political career. None.

Our Founding Fathers didn't want professional politicians running the country.  They wanted the citizen-statesman which Trump is very capable.  Trump is where he is because the Establishment has failed us.  It is time to shake things up (as it has before in our history).  Trump exudes a can-do attitude.  Leadership is foreign to this Administration.  Trump has the vision and leadership that we need at this moment in time.

4 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Trump has the vision and leadership that we need at this moment in time.

Since he's only led his own minions and kowtowers before now I can't see that as "leadership". That, and I can't see that his ill defined "vision" would be an advantage.

46 minutes ago, Michelle said:

What do you mean "when"? Obama and Hillary have been treated with kid gloves by the media and always have been. I've never seen two people that have been more protected for fear of not being PC.

Bloody hypocrites can compare Trump to an orangutan, Bush to a chimpanzee and hang effigies of both by the neck, but it's racist to do so against Obama.

I'm fascinated (ok, not really)...  Forgetting the 'racist card' for a moment, why does anyone need to compare any people to animals as per your examples?  Is that part of a grown-up debate, or is it childish insults thrown because it is so much easier than actually addressing the perceived problems and offering alternative and better solutions?

Is your wish to be able to use politically/racially incorrect terms, without heed to any historical justification for that 'correctness'?  Or to just use childish terms instead of debate?  Or to somehow think that people are inappropriately protected by being 'correct' - I'd love to know how that works...?  Whatever the reason... well, I'm glad I'm not in the USA right now.  Hereabouts, we almost never hang effigies or call people orangutans/chimpanzees.  Maybe it's a local fauna issue - calling someone a koala or kangaroo or even a dingo just doesn't seem much of an insult.  Or maybe it's because many of us still like to discuss the issues, rather than attack the people.

'Ad Hominem' ring a bell?

But hey, don't get me wrong, I understand how angry one could get given the quality of the field being offered up for selection...

:D

25 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

I'm fascinated (ok, not really)...  Forgetting the 'racist card' for a moment, why does anyone need to compare any people to animals as per your examples?  Is that part of a grown-up debate, or is it childish insults thrown because it is so much easier than actually addressing the perceived problems and offering alternative and better solutions?

Is your wish to be able to use politically/racially incorrect terms, without heed to any historical justification for that 'correctness'?  Or to just use childish terms instead of debate?  Or to somehow think that people are inappropriately protected by being 'correct' - I'd love to know how that works...?  Whatever the reason... well, I'm glad I'm not in the USA right now.  Hereabouts, we almost never hang effigies or call people orangutans/chimpanzees.  Maybe it's a local fauna issue - calling someone a koala or kangaroo or even a dingo just doesn't seem much of an insult.  Or maybe it's because many of us still like to discuss the issues, rather than attack the people.

'Ad Hominem' ring a bell?

But hey, don't get me wrong, I understand how angry one could get given the quality of the field being offered up for selection...

:D

Don't ask me...I'm not the one doing it.

:lol:

What Presidential candidate presented Bush as a chimpanzee or Trump as an Orangutan?    There are people, and then there are people running for President.

So they're calling you a racist.   If you're not a racist or a public figure, it's the easiest thing to do to just not worry about it.  

As a long and proud voter... I don't give a damn if they're Republican, Democrat, or from the planet Venus.

I want results. With America, with Congress.

Trump is a functional narcissist, which just doesn't work.

And don't get me wrong... I'm no big fan of Hillary.

But if it does come down to between them I will vote Hillary.

She has substantial political experience, Trump has zero. She actually knows how to talk with others in maturity. Trump seriously lacks in that regard.

Edited by pallidin

8 hours ago, pallidin said:

This is, in part, what I don't like about Trump. He is politically naive and insane.

...that he is. America must be really feed up with the corrupt and useless Washington full time politicians to go down the road of naive and insane.

Cheers