Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
pallidin

"5 Reasons You Should NOT vote for Trump"

426 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

preacherman76
41 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Why would you have to be brainwashed to think that?  He has publicly insulted POW's, the disabled, women, and anyone else he doesn't like.  You can go ON HIS Twitter, and see the same insults.  Pocahontas, fat slob, pig...all his own words coming from his own outlet.

He did have a short period where he got caught up in the whole thing lol. He was making fun of specific people, for specific things though. To turn that into hating anyone that resembles those people, even just being the same sex, is going a little to far. Look Im not even saying He will be a good president. But he isn't gonna walk into a meeting with a third world leader and call him names. Aside from having to kick out the clowns that interrupt his speeches, he's been pretty mild lately.

Edited by preacherman76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
21 minutes ago, skyeagle409 said:

And here's another reason.

You a Hilary man eagle? I didn't see that coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skyeagle409
1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

Why would you have to be brainwashed to think that?  He has publicly insulted POW's, the disabled, women, and anyone else he doesn't like.  You can go ON HIS Twitter, and see the same insults.  Pocahontas, fat slob, pig...all his own words coming from his own outlet.

I wouldn't say that. Let's just say that I am against Donald Trump for a variety of reasons.

Quote

Trump Failures

http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,2068227,00.html

After listening to a staff member of Trump University and its students who were taken for a ride to the cleaners, I am convinced more than ever that Donald Trump is the worst choice for president.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was later determined that Donald Trump was planted as a Republican nominee in order to sabotage the Republican's attempt to place one of their own in the White House. 

 

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pbarosso
21 hours ago, pallidin said:

WHAT part of his crap do you not understand? A President can not "just build a wall and exclude Muslims"

This is serious stuff and requires Congressional approval. This is NOT some, "I'm President and this is what will be" type of thing.

Get it?

what part do YOU not understand. ponder islam and international law, plus the very fence you probably have around your property and then get back to ME. I have a fence around my yard so kids of people like you dont play with my kids and your business stays in your property. sure there may be a time when we meet getting the mail, bu then you go back to your place and i go back to mine. if you dont see this common sense then please stay on your side of the fence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin

You know, this is what I like about America and other countries that permit free thought.

We may not agree, but in that disagreement we are allowed to speak our mind.

I find such debate healthy and progressive. 

BTW, Trump is still a dork :) 

Edited by pallidin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin
28 minutes ago, pbarosso said:

what part do YOU not understand. ponder islam and international law, plus the very fence you probably have around your property and then get back to ME. I have a fence around my yard so kids of people like you dont play with my kids and your business stays in your property. sure there may be a time when we meet getting the mail, bu then you go back to your place and i go back to mine. if you dont see this common sense then please stay on your side of the fence.

Trump can not do a fence, wall or whatever without Congressional approval.

He's not a dictator, you know, but he does fancy himself as such.

That's part of his lies... Like he can do it alone. He can not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin

A condensed version of Trump:

"Me, Me, Me, Me, Me.....oh, and screw everyone else"

Edited by pallidin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frank Merton

I know it's not my business who the Americans elect, and I further know that no matter who it is there are checks and balances so that the amount of damage even an idiot or a con-man or a demagogue can do is limited.  Still, please, America, don't elect Trump.  The danger is just too great.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin

Yeah, good God, just imagine psycho Trump on a world stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Einsteinium
1 hour ago, pbarosso said:

what part do YOU not understand. ponder islam and international law, plus the very fence you probably have around your property and then get back to ME. I have a fence around my yard so kids of people like you dont play with my kids and your business stays in your property. sure there may be a time when we meet getting the mail, bu then you go back to your place and i go back to mine. if you dont see this common sense then please stay on your side of the fence.

Unfortunately a wall will just not keep them out it is that simple. All a wall will do is increase corruption and give the cartels more income in the business of smuggling humans across said wall. In order for such a wall to work you need thousands of incorruptable guards stationed along that wall to watch every inch of it, otherwise it is only going to restrict the 'good' illegal immigrants who will think twice, meanwhile the really bad ones employed by the cartels and such will keep coming anyways. It is of the same philosophy as the drug war, it addresses a symptom of a greater problem rather than addressing the root cause, and for that reason, it will fail, as the drug was has failed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yamato

Thousands of guards stationed along the border to actually watch every inch of it?   OMG what a concept!   

Unfortunately not a single Trump fan here I've yet seen can understand the concept of using the US military to defend the US border.   They must think that the US military is exclusively for securing someone else's border.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
20 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Our Founding Fathers didn't want professional politicians running the country.  They wanted the citizen-statesman which Trump is very capable.  Trump is where he is because the Establishment has failed us.  It is time to shake things up (as it has before in our history).  Trump exudes a can-do attitude.  Leadership is foreign to this Administration.  Trump has the vision and leadership that we need at this moment in time.

What is this Founding Father worship that goes on? They were fine with slavery and only land owners having the vote. They weren't perfect by any means, and it's not like no one ever had a better idea since them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

I still find myself thinking that this can't possibly be real. He has to just be acting as crazy as possible so that people will be duped into voting for Hillary. Then I hear him speak again and I think...yeah, he just might actually be that crazy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Einsteinium
3 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

What is this Founding Father worship that goes on? They were fine with slavery and only land owners having the vote. They weren't perfect by any means, and it's not like no one ever had a better idea since them. 

The really interesting thing to me is that most of the people who 'worship' the founding fathers are so opposed to compromise. The constitution was a grand compromise and basically everything the founders did was a compromise to unite various groups under a unifying constitution that they all at least in part agreed upon. Wouldn't it be nice if in today's political climate our politicians were open to such compromise? Democrats working with replublicans, conservatives working with liberals....that is how they intended it to work. They basically made the system such that compromise is NEEDED in order to get anything done. Now it seems like they all just want their way or the highway, they will shut down the govt. before compromising on a single issue. Trump claims he is great at 'making deals' which insinuates that he is claiming he is good at compromise. I hate to say it, as I really dislike the public persona of Trump, but he may just be someone who can force compromise across the aisle. He probably will be terrible at foreign policy, foreign relations, and just general decency, but perhaps he can force the career politicians to play ball. In my opinion it might be better to keep things gridlocked, but perhaps we should all roll the dice and take on a man with dictatorial ambition just to 'shake things up'...alas, I don't think a whole lot will change either way anyways.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
6 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

The really interesting thing to me is that most of the people who 'worship' the founding fathers are so opposed to compromise. The constitution was a grand compromise and basically everything the founders did was a compromise to unite various groups under a unifying constitution that they all at least in part agreed upon. Wouldn't it be nice if in today's political climate our politicians were open to such compromise? Democrats working with replublicans, conservatives working with liberals....that is how they intended it to work. They basically made the system such that compromise is NEEDED in order to get anything done. Now it seems like they all just want their way or the highway, they will shut down the govt. before compromising on a single issue. Trump claims he is great at 'making deals' which insinuates that he is claiming he is good at compromise. I hate to say it, as I really dislike the public persona of Trump, but he may just be someone who can force compromise across the aisle. He probably will be terrible at foreign policy, foreign relations, and just general decency, but perhaps he can force the career politicians to play ball. In my opinion it might be better to keep things gridlocked, but perhaps we should all roll the dice and take on a man with dictatorial ambition just to 'shake things up'...alas, I don't think a whole lot will change either way anyways.

I think it's easier for people to entertain that thought if they aren't in the chosen groups he's planning to come for first. Everyone else will go a different way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc

Trump gonna win in the mother of all landslides.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frank Merton
4 hours ago, Myles said:

Yep, a conniving lying woman is just what we need.

I don't think that's accurate at all.  Further, I get a strong scent of sexism.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam

Well I am not in a position to vote for him, but I would if I could.

He is a successful business man who has run his own company, the politicians have never achieved his success,  so why not have a successful business man who knows how to get things done  in power and running the joint instead of someone who has the experience of running a bath and their own car?

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

you smell your upper lip

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frank Merton
35 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

The really interesting thing to me is that most of the people who 'worship' the founding fathers are so opposed to compromise. The constitution was a grand compromise and basically everything the founders did was a compromise to unite various groups under a unifying constitution that they all at least in part agreed upon. Wouldn't it be nice if in today's political climate our politicians were open to such compromise? Democrats working with replublicans, conservatives working with liberals....that is how they intended it to work. They basically made the system such that compromise is NEEDED in order to get anything done. Now it seems like they all just want their way or the highway, they will shut down the govt. before compromising on a single issue. Trump claims he is great at 'making deals' which insinuates that he is claiming he is good at compromise. I hate to say it, as I really dislike the public persona of Trump, but he may just be someone who can force compromise across the aisle. He probably will be terrible at foreign policy, foreign relations, and just general decency, but perhaps he can force the career politicians to play ball. In my opinion it might be better to keep things gridlocked, but perhaps we should all roll the dice and take on a man with dictatorial ambition just to 'shake things up'...alas, I don't think a whole lot will change either way anyways.

I rarely affirm really good posts more than just attach a "like," but this has got to be an exception.  Thanks for that insight.  I tend to see Trump as a caricature of Teddy Roosevelt, so who knows what we would actually get.  At the moment though there are enough unhappy Republicans plus all the Democrats to keep him from doing anything in the legislature, and I suspect he is just conning the conservatives and really is a New York liberal.  Hard to know, though, as he is a pretty good con artist and a genius at the Big Lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
7 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Well I am not in a position to vote for him, but I would if I could.

He is a successful business man who has run his own company, the politicians have never achieved his success,  so why not have a successful business man who knows how to get things done  in power and running the joint instead of someone who has the experience of running a bath and their own car?

 

 

 

Running a business, you get your own say.

Running a country, you have to "compromise" (or you're a dictator - Kim Jong Il endorsed him yesterday BTW. "He's a strong leader".).

That word "compromise" has never entered his vocabulary.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin

Let me think of a single thing, anything, that I would like about Trump as President.

Ouch, ouch, ouch. Nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
29 minutes ago, joc said:

Trump gonna win in the mother of all landslides.

Not a hope in hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc

He's winning with women.  He's winning with Hispanics.  He's winning with  almost everyone who isn't a die hard democrat....he's winning with all the
'Reagan Democrats'....ya...landslide babY!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

I just keep thinking that there must have been some people from sane countries going...oh no...America's not that stupid. 

Yeah, now they're eating some crow, aren't they?

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.