Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant Earthworm Discovered In Ecuador

Anomalocaris

From the article:

Even more incredible is the fact that this particular specimen is considered to be relatively small as the species is known to reach lengths of up to 7ft - that's nearly twice the size of this one.

'''''''''''''''''

Yuck....

Spoiler
Spoiler

• Like 2

Meh, the Gippsland earthworm can get to 10 feet long

• Like 2

If I saw one, I don't think I'd stick around long enough to determine whether it was a worm or snake.

I remember seeing a picture of a 4 footer in the 1973 Guinness Book of World Records when I got it for Christmas when I was 9. I thought the same thing, what kind of fish would you be looking for and would you bait it with an anchor from a small craft? :huh:

On ‎06‎-‎06‎-‎2016 at 1:39 PM, BadChadB33 said:

Wonder what kind of fish I could catch with that? lol

• Like 1

An old fisherman once told us to put maggots and worms in our mouths before baiting up to liven them.Old git was pulling a fast one and we fell for it hook line and sinker.Thank god that brute wasnt in my baitbox

• Like 1

grows 5 to 7 feet ???

I have gippsland earth worms in my garden but the largest I have seen was the size of a fat sausage x

9 hours ago, TopToffee said:

An old fisherman once told us to put maggots and worms in our mouths before baiting up to liven them.Old git was pulling a fast one and we fell for it hook line and sinker.

You've just reminded me of the time when we were on holiday, my dad was looking for some bait to go fishing with. He found a tin in my uncle's shed which he kept maggots in, but when my dad took the lid off the tin all these blowflies flew out of it.

• Like 1

I'm glad we don't have earthworms that size where I am.

6 hours ago, Still Waters said:

You've just reminded me of the time when we were on holiday, my dad was looking for some bait to go fishing with. He found a tin in my uncle's shed which he kept maggots in, but when my dad took the lid off the tin all these blowflies flew out of it.

My old fella did the same thing but they were casters..Simple things..Thank you

• Like 1