Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your auto correct mistakes

Overdueleaf

So i was texting a good friend of mine and ended it with what i thought was " i love you and want to help"... instead  thanks to auto correct it said... " i love you and want tongue"...lol thank goodness i caught it because that would have been really awkward...

so i am posting this to see some of the other great auto correct texts the great members of UM have sent... or almost sent

• Like 6

My phone likes to change What are you doing to Rob Wang. I don't speak to or about anyone named Rob (plus wouldn't rob anyone) and don't use the word Wang. My auto correct has a few words it seems to like to change to words I don't use. Autocorrect is great and horrible at the same time

• Like 6

I have an Android, so I don't get any auto-correct stuff, but I do so enjoy them. My girlfriend has an iPhone and sometimes her texts to me are auto-corrected.

• Like 2

I haven't got a mobile/cell phone ................................................ :mellow:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

I haven't got a mobile/cell phone ................................................ :mellow:

I really make use of mine nowadays.  Most people own a mobile to play games like candycrush all day.

• Like 1

I get auto correct all over the place. Thanks has been turned into tanks, spanks, and thinks on various devices. I've had some friend and fiend mixups. Some of my more uncommon lexicon almost always gets auto corrected to something else even when I spell it right. In particular, scientific terminology and antiquated epithets.

But I text the same way I write here on UM. I tend to take time to read over my text and make sure it's what I want before I send it.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Overdueleaf said:

So i was texting a good friend of mine and ended it with what i thought was " i love you and want to help"... instead  thanks to auto correct it said... " i love you and want tongue"...lol thank goodness i caught it because that would have been really awkward...

so i am posting this to see some of the other great auto correct texts the great members of UM have sent... or almost sent

That made me almost spit out my coffee, how funny! 

I once went to text my friend "All I want is a ****ing snapple." and it changed to "All I want is a ****ing slow-blower."

• Like 4

I don't use autocorrect these days but a few years ago, I texted my friend to wish her a happy birthday. I tried to write, "Have a magical birthday" but because I misspelled 'magical' and had the word 'mother****ing' saved in my phone, it resulted in "have a mother****ing birthday!"

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Mine edits swear words, into other words which can be funny.

14 hours ago, Skulduggery said:

I don't use autocorrect these days but a few years ago, I texted my friend to wish her a happy birthday. I tried to write, "Have a magical birthday" but because I misspelled 'magical' and had the word 'mother****ing' saved in my phone, it resulted in "have a mother****ing birthday!"

I ducking loved that one!

• Like 1

I was talking to my musician friend and wanted to tell him that I really enjoyed his song. But my phone changed it to "I really enjoyed your dong" 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

So, this happened today. My boss asked me how many stories have been assigned to me. I wanted to say "Yesterday, I had six", and autocorrect changed it to "Yesterday, I had sex"

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

that is of the upmost importance to know about your colleague or boss... can determine what kind of day they are going to have

Thankfully he's pretty cool. He was like, "Well at least someone's getting some"

• 3 weeks later...

talking with a friend who said she was having some kidney toubles...i thought i was suggesting that she drink CRAN juice but i sent.. "try drinking some CRAB juice... hope she doesnt actaully try that suggestion.. lol

• 4 months later...

Again, not one of mine, but an author I follow on Twitter shared one of his yesterday. His iPhone auto-corrected 'Saran wrap' to 'Satan wrap'. Anyone who has dealt with Saran wrap can agree that Apple might be onto something with that particular correction. lol

• 1 year later...

I'm sorry to see this thread stopped short. There are some great examples above!

I'm one of those OCD people when it comes to correctness, so I've turned auto-correct off on my devices and check each message (or post) before I submit. But Ellen DeGeneres is a favorite of mine, and one of my favorite sketches of hers is Clumsy Thumbsy. Here's one:

LOL Sometimes these get so wild I have to think they're on purpose.

Come on, people, let's resurrect this thing. There must be more examples!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

DangiT! , wish this could have gone on and on-- been a lot more.  Had to laugh a bit really enjoyed your dong, sex and tongue haahahahaa! too funny regarding postS !  #11 #1 #12

Its just that it seems like such a fitting- well, great! idea / theme / thread / topic.

Edited by MWoo7

Oh, no edit  /\  /\ .\   .... just seen that

... older ladies -- auto errect....? ....autocorrect!!!!  we googled ourselves ... no results

SIMPLY HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!

Edited by MWoo7

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 5:39 PM, ouija ouija said:

Why don't you purchase one, and get dragged kicking & screaming into the 20th century?

(We can work on the 21st later.:D)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I manage very well(and happily), without one, thank you very march. There's nowhere in the whole dang county where you can get a signal, anyway(that's a bit of an exaggeration obviously). It's just one more thing to pay for, one more thing that needs attention, one more thing to feel obliged to use. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

I manage very well(and happily), without one, thank you very march. There's nowhere in the whole dang county where you can get a signal, anyway(that's a bit of an exaggeration obviously). It's just one more thing to pay for, one more thing that needs attention, one more thing to feel obliged to use. 

There's an ingenious new invention called AutoCorrupt. It helps you spell like Vlad.

You are seriously missing out, although I think you've already got the hang of it.

• Haha 2