Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ellapenella

Trump is our George Washington

331 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Likely Guy

Trump isn't George Washington, he's more like the Titanic.

If the U.S.S. U.S.A. goes down, I hope at least that the music is good.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frank Merton

I and I think most of the world sees Trump as a threat to the world economy, social peace and even a threat of serious war.  He seems to have no sense of proportion.  Comparing him to Washington is a sick joke.  Washington was in every way a gentleman, avoiding lawsuits and behaving civilly to everyone.  Fortunately the US has checks and balances and any President like Trump would have a hard time of it until (and if) he learns the art of compromise.  Still, that he might pull some stunt to gain total control and become a despot is not beyond belief, much as the Nazi's did.  The thing is the American army is not quite the same as the German army was and I doubt such a stunt would work.  They are not quite so honor bound to follow orders when the orders are clearly out of line.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
5 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Trump isn't George Washington, he's more like the Titanic.

If the U.S.S. U.S.A. goes down, I hope at least that the music is good.

Who`s going to make our country great again if not for Trump that also made America and the world  great by his business dealings, not like Hillary that just  went along  on with these special interest groups  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
19 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Who`s going to make our country great again if not for Trump that also made America and the world  great by his business dealings, not like Hillary that just  went along  on with these special interest groups  

Pshaw, America still is great,

And he has never been his own "special interest group"? He's is by special definition, "that".

He could care less about the average person (other than by his own personal advancement).

Edited by Likely Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

Trump did not make America great by his business dealings.  He made a lot of money for himself, but not for many other people.  The jobs he did create are in hotels, casinos, and golf courses.  Do you think it will make anyone feel great to be a lackey to a billionaire?  Think he'll give folks some of his old shoes?  That is not the kind of greatness I remember.  You can back Trump because he has been anti-establishment, at least until this week, but don't really expect he is going to do a lot of good.  Maybe he will keep Hillary from being elected, and some will think that is good enough, but it is a low bar.  We needed better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
17 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Pshaw, America still is great,

And he has never been his own "special interest group"? He's is by special definition, "that".

He could care less about the average person (other than by his own personal advancement).

America is not great in the world today in  the Obama apologists, we have to be great again  in the  free  world  of today and cherish those freedoms .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
2 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

America is not great in the world today in  the Obama apologists, we have to be great again  in the  free  world  of today and cherish those freedoms .

America is still a great country, even though it has to keep reminding itself what a "free world" truly means. That, and there is not another country, in the world, whose citizens cherish those freedoms more.

I also might suggest that they also abuse those freedoms, on occasion. Remind yourself that democracy is (at least) a two way street.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw

I think of him as our Baron von Munchausen.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome
13 hours ago, Gromdor said:

One of the ideas for replacing Trump on the republican side involves getting a more accepted vice presidential candidate and then (assuming he wins) impeaching him if he turns into an embarrassment.  It wouldn't take much prodding to get him to act on some of his more unconstitutional ideas and set him up for removal.

 

The other options of running an independent  conservative candidate or opening up the delegates to vote their conscious are more than likely not going to happen because of backlash from the base and appearance of establishment manipulation.

So in other words subverting democracy and using underhand means to impose the choice of the Party Establishment. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome
4 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

I and I think most of the world sees Trump as a threat to the world economy, social peace and even a threat of serious war.  He seems to have no sense of proportion.  Comparing him to Washington is a sick joke.  Washington was in every way a gentleman, avoiding lawsuits and behaving civilly to everyone.  Fortunately the US has checks and balances and any President like Trump would have a hard time of it until (and if) he learns the art of compromise.  Still, that he might pull some stunt to gain total control and become a despot is not beyond belief, much as the Nazi's did.  The thing is the American army is not quite the same as the German army was and I doubt such a stunt would work.  They are not quite so honor bound to follow orders when the orders are clearly out of line.

The Germany army was decidedly opposed (albeit not terribly effectively) to the Nazis' way of doing things (and albeit because they considered they were doing harm to Germany, not necessarily because they were opposed to the policy of acquiring Lebensraum). Are you saying that the US Army would be more or less likely to resist the orders of a dictator? 

 

Anyway, can you all really not see how all these predictions about tyranny and despotism and so forth are every bit as over-dramatic as the enthusiasm for the Trump that we see from some? Can you really not see how hysterically over the top you're all being? Honestly, the ability to see things with any kind of perspective has completely gone out of the window. 

And really, if you want threats to social peace and threats of serious war, why not look at the "Democratic" contender? If you don't see threats to global peace there, I have to seriously wonder, I really do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deleted
5 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

I and I think most of the world sees Trump as a threat to the world economy, social peace and even a threat of serious war.  He seems to have no sense of proportion.  Comparing him to Washington is a sick joke.  Washington was in every way a gentleman, avoiding lawsuits and behaving civilly to everyone.  Fortunately the US has checks and balances and any President like Trump would have a hard time of it until (and if) he learns the art of compromise.  Still, that he might pull some stunt to gain total control and become a despot is not beyond belief, much as the Nazi's did.  The thing is the American army is not quite the same as the German army was and I doubt such a stunt would work.  They are not quite so honor bound to follow orders when the orders are clearly out of line.

The USA had internment camps for Japanese-Americans, so it is not far from reality. It would be quite possible that something like that happens again. However, today is different there is a strong civil rights movement in the US. That is why I believe it is not possible that Trump pulls something like that off (besides Trump is an opportunist he does what he does to gain power and money). But if he does I guess it could turn into some kind of civil war.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
7 hours ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

So in other words subverting democracy and using underhand means to impose the choice of the Party Establishment. 

 

 

I mentioned that, but my Republican friends point out that he won by a minority of the Republican Party and doesn't speak for true republicans.   

I guess i can sympathize.  Trump pretty much is the death knell of their platforms and values.  I can see how they would get desperate.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

I mentioned that, but my Republican friends point out that he won by a minority of the Republican Party and doesn't speak for true republicans.   

I guess i can sympathize.  Trump pretty much is the death knell of their platforms and values.  I can see how they would get desperate.

 

 

Their platform and values have been dead for quite a while. Hell when I first got involved with politics Mccain was hated by the republican establishment because he was too liberal now he's the standard bearer.  The only thing different this year is the facade seems to totally be fading away. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Unicorn
12 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Trump did not make America great by his business dealings.  He made a lot of money for himself, but not for many other people.  The jobs he did create are in hotels, casinos, and golf courses.  Do you think it will make anyone feel great to be a lackey to a billionaire?  Think he'll give folks some of his old shoes?  That is not the kind of greatness I remember.  You can back Trump because he has been anti-establishment, at least until this week, but don't really expect he is going to do a lot of good.  Maybe he will keep Hillary from being elected, and some will think that is good enough, but it is a low bar.  We needed better.

When he first announced his campaign for president with the great going down on the escalator video, he paid actors $50 for a 10-12 hour day to be on TV. Media now jumps on them being actors. 

I read something else in it that they missed. It's the going normal wage for extras because they are told they will get exposure for future work, just as a waitress below minimum wages is told to count on tips to live. 

Trump for good jobs for lower class is really a bad jokeand this action reflects this.  If he really believed in good wages for lower class, he would have paid the actors better than $50 for a day's work. I'm surprised I didn't see any of the anti Trump  media pick-up on that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Unicorn
10 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

I think of him as our Baron von Munchausen.

He's a Monty Python type or character for sure, but he's the RNC frontrunner! As Obama said, thank you to them. He only makes it an easier Democrat win than some Republican with common political sense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
2 hours ago, White Unicorn said:

He's a Monty Python type or character for sure, but he's the RNC frontrunner! As Obama said, thank you to them. He only makes it an easier Democrat win than some Republican with common political sense.

 

If they had chose to run an easier Democrat. Instead, they chosen to run Hillary who shot herself in the foot right out of the gate, who has already once displayed the uncanny ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Nothing is certain, this time, my friend. It may taken uncommon political sense to win. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin

I would have more respect for Trump if he demonstrated emotional stability.

But no, he "flies off-the-handle" like some kid that lost their kite. CONSTANTLY.

Emotional stability is one of the most important aspects of becoming a U.S. president.

EDIT: I've taken the time to review video presidential addresses from both Dem and Rep. They seem very MATURE in expression.

The character of Trump is not maturity at all, rather whining like a child... yelling, insults, bullying, etc.

Edited by pallidin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin

I can not support a presidential candidate who is emotionally immature, extremely narcissistic, racist, sexist, and isolationist.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome
24 minutes ago, pallidin said:

I can not support a presidential candidate who is emotionally immature, extremely narcissistic, racist, sexist, and isolationist.

So you don't support the Trump then? well, thanks for finally letting us know, we have been wondering. :unsure: 

 

Anyway, i'd certainly support one that's isolationist, whatever their other faults may be, than one that's pledged to continue the policy of sticking America's nose in every other country's business that's been such a success over the last two decades. .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin
19 minutes ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

So you don't support the Trump then? well, thanks for finally letting us know, we have been wondering. :unsure: 

 

Anyway, i'd certainly support one that's isolationist, whatever their other faults may be, than one that's pledged to continue the policy of sticking America's nose in every other country's business that's been such a success over the last two decades. .

I know what you're saying and very frankly I feel either presumptive candidate unsuitable for the "Office" in their own ways.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paranormal Panther
22 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

LOL.  I haven't heard "mongoloid" in a long time.  And never in reference to Native Indian Americans or whatever.

It beats "Oriental". I understand why that one is rejected. It refers to objects and places rather than people just like "Occidental" does. You almost never hear Europeans referred to as Occidentals. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Silver Thong
13 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

It beats "Oriental". I understand why that one is rejected. It refers to objects and places rather than people just like "Occidental" does. You almost never hear Europeans referred to as Occidentals. 

How about we talk Islamis exttrmists and a flawed vetting system hmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paranormal Panther
Just now, The Silver Thong said:

How about we talk Islamis exttrmists and a flawed vetting system hmmmm

I promise to do that if you promise to correct your typos before you click on "Submit Reply". Deal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Silver Thong
Just now, Paranormal Panther said:

I promise to do that if you promise to correct your typos before you click on "Submit Reply". Deal?

Sorry if my typing is not up yo your standard and to that I say p*** off. If a miss spelt word or grammer is your concern then I say you dont give a crap about the issue.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paranormal Panther
Just now, The Silver Thong said:

Sorry if my typing is not up yo your standard and to that I say p*** off. If a miss spelt word or grammer is your concern then I say you dont give a crap about the issue.  

I guess that we don't have a deal, then. In that case, do you think that "Redskins" really offends most Native Americans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.