Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What does your Avatar say about you.

JVG

Well this avatar isn't my fave and I keep toying with whether to change it or not.  But like Clint himself, it seems determined to have its own way and remain here for a while longer.

I feel that it displays the essence of me that (in real life) wont take any crap from people.  I know who I am and what I want and any daft opinions from know-it-all punks (Clint s possessing me :) ) wont wash with me!  You come in my house...you respect all that dwell there.  I dont give a monkeys about the neighbours brand new car and I will never judge myself by others standards.

Being like this clears the `woods from the trees` and allows me to see how best I can assist and help/care for others - the ones in life who truly deserve that pat on their back, help crossing that road, a friendly word to boost their mood.

I work as a carer and it seems that throughout my life Ive met with challenges that in the long run have chiselled away at what isnt important and sharpened what is.

• Like 6

I decided to have a break from the LV-426 theme with the forum update.

A grouchy muppet seemed apt ^_^

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, Mark One said:

Well this avatar isn't my fave and I keep toying with whether to change it or not.  But like Clint himself, it seems determined to have its own way and remain here for a while longer.

I feel that it displays the essence of me that (in real life) wont take any crap from people.  I know who I am and what I want and any daft opinions from know-it-all punks (Clint s possessing me :) ) wont wash with me!  You come in my house...you respect all that dwell there.  I dont give a monkeys about the neighbours brand new car and I will never judge myself by others standards.

Being like this clears the `woods from the trees` and allows me to see how best I can assist and help/care for others - the ones in life who truly deserve that pat on their back, help crossing that road, a friendly word to boost their mood.

I work as a carer and it seems that throughout my life Ive met with challenges that in the long run have chiselled away at what isnt important and sharpened what is.

Well said Mark....

• Like 1

The actual reasons I chose this particular avatar are:

1. I am now and have always been a huge fan of Rocky and Bullwinkle - more of Bullwinkle than Rocky...

2. The pic I chose (for another site a long time ago) had Bullwinkle and that odd red (salmon NOT PINK!!!!) color that catches my eye quickly as I scan through a post to see my last entry....

3. I use this avatar on all sites I got to (except a military blog where I use a pic of a Pershing Missile) I NEVER change avatars... It would confuse me too much...

When I was in Iraq, one of my duties as Brigade Communications Chief was to assign Call Signs... I allowed my crew to pick their own and I had a young Staff Sgt under me that was a semi-pro boxer... He quickly chimed in that he wanted the Call Sign "Rocky" (from the Stallone movie obviously)... So I nodded and said "Fine... I'm "Bullwinkle"... Boy did his expression change!!!:lol:...  So the rest of my section cheerfully took names from Rocky and Bullwinkle... The reason I use the screen name "Taun" is a different story...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Taun said:

1. I am now and have always been a huge fan of Rocky and Bullwinkle - more of Bullwinkle than Rocky...

2. The pic I chose (for another site a long time ago) had Bullwinkle and that odd red (salmon NOT PINK!!!!) color that catches my eye quickly as I scan through a post to see my last entry....

3. I use this avatar on all sites I got to (except a military blog where I use a pic of a Pershing Missile) I NEVER change avatars... It would confuse me too much...

When I was in Iraq, one of my duties as Brigade Communications Chief was to assign Call Signs... I allowed my crew to pick their own and I had a young Staff Sgt under me that was a semi-pro boxer... He quickly chimed in that he wanted the Call Sign "Rocky" (from the Stallone movie obviously)... So I nodded and said "Fine... I'm "Bullwinkle"... Boy did his expression change!!!:lol:...  So the rest of my section cheerfully took names from Rocky and Bullwinkle... The reason I use the screen name "Taun" is a different story...

The Salmon Moose was one of my favorites also, I remember him saying nothing up my sleeve and of course Rocket J. Squirrel. 

• Like 2

unlike my screen name, i wanted my avatar to have a deep meaning..so here goes

i chose the phoenix because it is a symbol of reserrection. for my it implies that no matter how difficult life can be, that no matter how much it drags you down, or seemingly defeats you,  you can always choose to rise from the ashes and have a spiritual rebirth. the ying and yang lets us know that life is about compliments and completion. that we should strive to find balance in all aspects of life. life isnt always easy going but we must experience the bad to appreciate the good. the main coors chosen, Blue and Orange, also represent balance to me as they are opposite on the color wheel.

• Like 8

On June 10, 2016 at 10:12 PM, Likely Guy said:

No, that was pretty much perfect. :)

Awww, thank you! ^_^

Edited by AustinHinton
  • Like 5

Changed into a summer dress today. If I wait any longer for a nice day it will be autumn before I know it!

• Like 7

A temporary happy muppet to celebrate Brexit. Grouchy muppet will resume regular service in due course!

• Like 5

It's the one I'm tipping for the next President of the USA.

• Like 4

Mine is magnetised water. I'm interested in science and some mystical teachings. I  was always fascinated how the molecule showed a star of David. So it kind of represents the ultimate reconciliation of science, life and  the symbol of our physical reality in North East West South up and down dimensions.

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 8

On 6/11/2016 at 10:38 AM, Taun said:

Let's take it a step further why are you Taun?

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, White Unicorn said:

Let's take it a step further why are you Taun?

It's from an ancient Irish Poem, supposedly written by Tuan Mac Cairill - a mythological figure who "witnessed" the pre-history of Ireland, by means of repetitive reincarnations as various animals...

The line that stuck with me was "I am Legend, I am memory turned to myth"... I really liked the line but another person was using the first part as a sig line (on another board) as a quote from the movie "I am Legend", so I used Tuan as a "name", but fat fingered it to "Taun" - which I actually liked better...  So basically, I am using part of the name of a mythological figure from ancient Irish literature - and my spelling skills suck...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 6

I want to change my avatar to one of me walking down the street with 2 of my 4 grandkids. It was taken by my son in law on Mother's Day I think 2008 and I will change it if he can send it to me...Most think it's my best side!!!!

• Like 3

Mine, along with the descriptions, In utero and hatching soon, and an unspecified gender, are meant to represent my (hopefully) being unfinished, a work still in progress with something better yet to emerge. 

I understand that the "Alien" egg probably isn't the best choice for conveying that idea. I originally meant for the 'Alien' egg to just be temporary, a place holder until I got around to making something original, perhaps with an animation, but I still haven't learned how to do that. Irony!

I am going to look for a new egg right now...

Edited by AZDZ
  • Like 4

Tells me I'm feisty and sometimes have a short fuse

• Like 4

It says nothing about me because there's nothing to say. Only names to call me.

• Like 4

My avatar represents peace, nature, relaxation, mystery.

I've had mine a while and I am too lazy to change it. Maybe later.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

That its not a Pygmy Kingfisher like I thought I seen in here that was a hummingbird look alike, well -- in my humble opinion. Also some points need to be sharp for effect and power as in exaggerating just a tad, which happens here and there and called upon which then I have to spell it out and explain that it drives the point in deeper, gets the attention and results.80be89222669b5c37352d77ef6d19c59.jpg

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 3

On 6/25/2016 at 6:13 AM, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

It's the one I'm tipping for the next President of the USA.

Are you sure that you do not want to borrow mine for a bit? 

• Like 7

Just to clarify, it was the avatar I had at the time that was the one I was tipping for the next President of the USA. Although my current one would surely sweep the board if he was to run, I'm sure anyone would agree. He'd certainly stand up for lapine rights! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

Just to clarify, it was the avatar I had at the time that was the one I was tipping for the next President of the USA. Although my current one would surely sweep the board if he was to run, I'm sure anyone would agree. He'd certainly stand up for lapine rights! 

When did you have Kanye as an Avatar?

• Like 5

Excellent ! well put WELL SAID !   . . . .  "    i like how time is slowly robbing posts of their context, rendering them delightfully absurd.      "

12 minutes ago, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

i like how time is slowly robbing posts of their context, rendering them delightfully absurd.

• Like 2

Got too cold for the summer dress! I picked this because it expresses Autumn in a cheerful way :D

• Like 4