Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mass-casualty shooting at Orlando nightclub

Still Waters

2 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Like you couldn't have guessed.

Oh, I'm sure it went something like "...we need to be patient...guns are to blame...evil conservatives..." and I'm sure he avoided using the "terrorist" word again.  But I won't go on a rampage against Obama about this, his words and record stands as obvious that he's clueless, powerless, and content with the way things are.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thanato said:

Yes it is, now how would you suggest eliminating the Ideology?

Excellent question.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, susieice said:

He didn't claim membership. He claimed agreement in ideology. You don't have to fly to Iraq to sign membership papers.

nope he clearly stated he is an Isis member

1 minute ago, Thanato said:

You can't. But you need to deal with the people who preach it. You can't keep making excuses for them.

• Like 1

Just now, susieice said:

I believe the law against shooting people like that does apply to all of us.

Yes. And that's not what he proposed. He proposed taking away the guns of all Muslims. We don't have a Constitution that allows for that. 

7 minutes ago, Thanato said:

Sigh. No, however it is our fault that they are seen as a global power. With the ability to launch attacks anywhere. Unless evidence comes forward otherwise, this was an attack by a lone wolf. Blaming DAESH for this makes it seem that this was a massive organized attack with material aid coming from the Middle East, when most likely it was just a lone wolf who was inspired via the internet to carry out an attack in the name of DAESH. 

Hillary Clinton says he was inspired by a video on the Internet.

oh wait... what day is it?

• Like 2

Just now, susieice said:

He didn't claim membership. He claimed agreement in ideology. You don't have to fly to Iraq to sign membership papers.

So, how do you stop every John with a grudge from claiming ISIS ideology? By burning all Mosques? Taking away their citizenship rights?

That would be exactly what the ideologues behind ISIS want us to do, they would have a lot more people with a grudge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thanato said:

now we're getting somewhere --- starting to know '''the enemy'''....?

• Like 2

Just now, susieice said:

You can't. But you need to deal with the people who preach it. You can't keep making excuses for them.

Again...who is making excuses for them?

Just now, Jack Skellington said:

Yawn.

Yes retard.  I'm differentiating.  I'm specifying ISIS-adherents.  Clear enough for you?

Clear enough now that you also specified psyche drug users because you're disarming the US Army.   Clear enough that you specify people with criminal records because there's no reason to differentiate the violent from the non-violent.   

Let's add children to the no-guns list.  And illegal immigrants.  And anyone diagnosed with a cognitive disorder, with or without the drugs.   Anyone with a record of petty theft 17 years ago?   You shouldn't have lit that match bro.    Left wing anti-gun liberals will be hosting a superbowl on gun control in the coming days and I see you've already got your jersey and number.

Just now, susieice said:

How did we eliminate the majority of Christian Fundamentalists? If memory serves it was done through education, and it took a long long time.

That is the problem, people want a solution today that will work tomorrow. People are not willing to wait the few decades while access to education and thought spreads in these regions.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, questionmark said:

I know what it is: a disorganized thing where anybody can claim membership, no cards to sign, no dues to pay. Anybody can claim ISIS membership. Anybody. And justify whatever he/she did with it.

And the excuses will continue to roll. Expect more of the same. When enough people die, maybe you'll learn.

Just now, susieice said:

And the excuses will continue to roll. Expect more of the same. When enough people die, maybe you'll learn.

Again...where is the excuse in that response? You keep saying that word, and I don't think you know what it means.

Just now, Thanato said:

How did we eliminate the majority of Christian Fundamentalists? If memory serves it was done through education, and it took a long long time.

That is the problem, people want a solution today that will work tomorrow. People are not willing to wait the few decades while access to education and thought spreads in these regions.

Well, stopping our ally Saudi Arabia from spreading their Wahabite poison would already help. Just look what it did to the two most tolerant Muslim countries we have known so far (Bosnia and Kosovo).

how would you suggest eliminating the Ideology?

Maybe 63 years of underhanded and violent regime-change policy in the Middle East has something to do with it.

• Like 3

mass-shootings happen all the time terrorist attacks happen all the time. Eradicate Islam (which is not possible considering billions believe in it) you get something new maybe something more horrible. A human is far more complex than a religion he or she believes in or creates. And as long as humanity can't get to the core of it, it will just repeat.

The reactions in this thread are so predictable.

Well, tell me how you want to stop people claiming that "God made them do it" when they commit an atrocity? Forbid religion?

Excuses for guns, excuses for Muslims.   Every one of our targets, foolish.

Yes, expect more of the same.  As if, "who could have seen it coming?"

6 minutes ago, hellwyr said:

nope he clearly stated he is an Isis member

Until the 911 call is released, we don't know exactly what was said. We know he said he was doing this for ISIS and he mentioned the Boston bombers. We'll know soon I would think. The call will be made public. He may well have claimed membership. It wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 1

I don't care if you are Christian, Jewish, Muslim or (as mentioned) a member of Ducks Unlimited.

It's when your beliefs prompt you to ACT in a way that threatens those around you that earns you a spot on a watch list-- not the mere association. 

I stipulated-- member of a mosque making threats.  It isn't the religion that it is the problem until it is the religion that motivates the particular offensive behavior.

Such a nitpicky bunch here.  Always willing to counter an opinion, never willing to offer a solution. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yamato said:

Excuses for guns, excuses for Muslims.   Every one of our targets, foolish.

Yes, expect more of the same.  As if, "who could have seen it coming?"

Well, and that's the thing. Everyone thinks someone should have seen it coming, but it's difficult to judge who is just talking s*** and who is actually going to become violent. You'd think with all of the surveillance that if the guy was on the radar already, someone might have perked up when he went out to buy guns...but again...not illegal. People can talk s*** and buy guns here. We're entirely allowed to do so. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, questionmark said:

So, how do you stop every John with a grudge from claiming ISIS ideology? By burning all Mosques? Taking away their citizenship rights?

That would be exactly what the ideologues behind ISIS want us to do, they would have a lot more people with a grudge.

Who is suggesting that? What you need to do is pay attention to all the Johns that are making the claims. Until you do, this will keep happening. Really, John doesn't have to claim anything. All he has to do is go out shooting. And don't tell me about guns. John has the brain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Skellington said:

I don't care if you are Christian, Jewish, Muslim or (as mentioned) a member of Ducks Unlimited.

It's when your beliefs prompt you to ACT in a way that threatens those around you that earns you a spot on a watch list-- not the mere association. 

I stipulated-- member of a mosque making threats.  It isn't the religion that it is the problem until it is the religion that motivates the particular offensive behavior.

Such a nitpicky bunch here.  Always willing to counter an opinion, never willing to offer a solution. 

You actually didn't. You just said member of a mosque...no guns for you. Absolutely, if anyone is running around making threats of violence, they shouldn't be able to buy a gun. But take that up with people who don't like gun control.  

• Like 1

• The topic was locked