Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eyes roll over new 'skull' on Mars photograph

UM-Bot

The alleged skeletal artifact appeared following an 'enhancement' of an image from the Curiosity rover.

The latest in a long line of strange objects spotted on the surface of the Red Planet by eagle-eyed anomaly hunters, this 'Sasquatch skull', which was picked up in a recent photograph sent back by NASA's Mars rover, has spent far too long being manipulated in Photoshop to be taken seriously.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/295545/eyes-roll-over-new-skull-on-mars-photograph

Another rock....

• Like 2

Crying Wolf fable comes to mind. The day we really see a fossil everyone will say, it's a rock! 

• Like 2

Ahem. This is news. Ahem.

These are the remains of the Space Jockey

space-jockey-in-ridley-scotts-alien.jpg

Edited by Anomalocaris
  • Like 2

what is a intact human or non-human skull doing on the surface of mars.  the first sand storm would have covered it up.

Darn it! I was hoping for a skull but it's only a mask!

If one researches how long it took for vertebrates to acquire the calcium habit and build skeletons of it, the implausibility of that sequence occurring on Mars within the relatively brief timeframe of Martian Eco stability is readily apparent.

• Like 2

Exposure to 3 billion years on the barren sun scorched surface and there it is...

I like how the "eagle-eyed anomaly hunters" labeled this rock a "Sasquatch skull", something never found on earth.

• Like 2

Ahem, Merc...  everyone knows (but you I guess) that when a Bigfoot is about to die, it calls for the mothership to take it home to Mars; this way there are no skeletal remains here on earth.  If we are going to prove Sasquatch, we must look to Mars.

C'mon man.

• Like 3

If this was really a skull, I doubt we'd find just one.  

:alien:

pareidolia due to the rovers 'handicapped' 1.2 megapixels camera.

9 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

pareidolia due to the rovers 'handicapped' 1.2 megapixels camera.

We thought we'd lost you QX!  Glad to see you're back and still haven't learned a thing.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

meh i raise my hopes one day will get to see some real stuff here, worthy of the technological edge we live in. Perhaps sooner some private company can stick an iphone to a 4 wheeler toy and send it to Mars to take some damn  good photos. 

• Like 1

I have to say qx - you certainly are one of a kind  eating-cookie.gif

On 15/06/2016 at 5:59 AM, qxcontinuum said:

meh i raise my hopes one day will get to see some real stuff here, worthy of the technological edge we live in. Perhaps sooner some private company can stick an iphone to a 4 wheeler toy and send it to Mars to take some damn  good photos. 

Yes agreed, spend 100's of millions on a Rover then put a poor camera on it.  Still they have the satellite's in orbit, what I can't understand is why we never see the ultra high resolution pictures they are apparently capable of taking.

Watch this video on the Curiosity Rover and the wheel design (about 30 secs into video) they can look down and count the revolution of the wheels from the orbiters. 

• Like 1

It's a 'poor camera' only to those who don't (want to) know about it's purpose, and also what type of camera/sensor will withstand the conditions and last more than a day or two...

You guys did notice that the craft is on wheels, btw?  Ever hear the term 'zoom with your feet'?  Try to understand what that means with regards to the resolution of the camera (and the other available cameras.....).

So yeah, sending an Iphone-tech camera is such a great idea.. :wacko: it wouldn't even survive the launch.

• Like 1