Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

British astronaut Tim Peake is back on Earth

Still Waters

British astronaut Tim Peake is back on Earth after what he called "the best ride" he's ever been on - but it was not an easy landing.

He and crewmates American Tim Kopra and Russian Yuri Malenchenko touched down in Kazakhstan after returning from the International Space Station in a Soyuz capsule.

The small craft used a parachute for the final 15 minutes to descend in a remote spot of scrubland, landing on schedule at 10.15am UK time.

http://news.sky.com/story/1713719/peake-back-on-earth-best-ride-ive-been-on

• Like 4

They all look like they're having a great time.

Edited by Saru
Edited for front page comments compatibility
  • Like 3

It's great to see them arrive back safely. They do an awesome job - and it's wonderful to see the images etc..they share with us.

• Like 2

From a completely layman's point-of-view, I am amazed at the physical and psychological attributes of astronauts.

I could not even do the same. They are, to be sure, a special and courageous breed of person, male and female.

• Like 2

Tim Peake accidentally called the wrong number from the ISS (I think several months ago). Apparently he called, a woman answered and he asked, "Hello is this earth?" to which she hung up. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, internetperson said:

Tim Peake accidentally called the wrong number from the ISS (I think several months ago). Apparently he called, a woman answered and he asked, "Hello is this earth?" to which she hung up. 

Hello, welcome to UM :)

I remember reading about that too, he later tweeted an apology.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35178210

• Like 1