Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Rhinopolis

"Sea Creature" captured by Google Earth

24 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

 
Rhinopolis

Good find, and this makes much more sense than a "kraken" or UFO 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hawken

So then this mystery is KRAKed.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind

Just looks like a really big t-shirt to me.

Mens_Distressed_Rolling_Stones_Tongue_T_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry_Bow

Sorry but i do not think the object is Sail Rock. Firstly, Sail Rock is called Sail Rock because it sticks out of the water like a SAIL. The object looks absolutely nothing like a sail sticking out of the water. If you measure the object, it is 143feet in length and the water disruption is over 1,066feet in length. Waves banging across a rock will not cause water disruption of this length and by looking at the pictures of Sail Rock, i doubt very much that Sail Rock has a width of 143feet.
Nice theory but it is NOT Sail Rock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
2 hours ago, Beacon_Field said:

Sorry but i do not think the object is Sail Rock. Firstly, Sail Rock is called Sail Rock because it sticks out of the water like a SAIL. The object looks absolutely nothing like a sail sticking out of the water. If you measure the object, it is 143feet in length and the water disruption is over 1,066feet in length. Waves banging across a rock will not cause water disruption of this length and by looking at the pictures of Sail Rock, i doubt very much that Sail Rock has a width of 143feet.
Nice theory but it is NOT Sail Rock.

You assume those are accurate measurements; they're not. To my eyes it looks just like Sail Rock. Latitude/longitude: 63°02′59″S60°57′00″W
Decimal coordinates: -63.0500 -60.9500 These are the coordinates for Sail Rock. Punch it into Google Earth and see for yourself.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGreatBeliever

Doesn't look squid to me..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marozi

Thank you Hammerclaw for your explanation. Its relativ equal how it looks or measures in Google Earth. The coordinates both point to Sail Rock. Unless you suggest a Giant Kraken sometimes basks in the sun on high rocks... ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
15 minutes ago, Marozi said:

Thank you Hammerclaw for your explanation. Its relativ equal how it looks or measures in Google Earth. The coordinates both point to Sail Rock. Unless you suggest a Giant Kraken sometimes basks in the sun on high rocks... ;)

No kitsch Krakens need apply.:tu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeastieRunner

It's just a rock ... what a bummer! But good for the area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

And I was hoping for Cthulhu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Patient Zero

Dang. Pretty cool image though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paperdyer
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 6:52 AM, Rhinopolis said:

Good find, and this makes much more sense than a "kraken" or UFO 

But not as much fun to comment on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
18 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

And I was hoping for Cthulhu.

Cthulu isn't in the Arctic, you're thinking of a Shoggoth.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Podo
1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Cthulu isn't in the Arctic, you're thinking of a Shoggoth.

He could be taking a walk.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
beelzebufo
6 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Cthulu isn't in the Arctic, you're thinking of a Shoggoth.

Cthulhu goes wherever it pleases. As long as there are no boats around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker

Well it is just off the coast of Deception Island after all.

I'd agree with the Sail Rock theory at this point. Honestly the pic didn't look like a kraken to me, so much as a breaching whale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marcelina

Yes, I too will agree with the Sail Rock theory. It doesn't look like a Kraken to me that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skeptri

Near Deception island

What a deception

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MalonskiJr

I belong on that island 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldrover

No, it's definitely Sail Rock. Aside from the matching coordinates, the final test is that if that object isn't Sail Rock, then it's disappeared.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UltimoRudo

'You get dyin' or you get Kraken...'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.