Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Consequences' if Boston bomber executed

seeder

Al-Qaida leader: 'grave consequences' for US if Boston bomber executed

Ayman al-Zawahri issues warning over fate of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, sentenced to death by lethal injection last June, or any other Muslim prisoner in US

Al-Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahiri has warned the US of the “gravest consequences” if Boston marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev or any other Muslim prisoner is executed.

Tsarnaev, named in Zawahiri’s online video message, was sentenced to death by lethal injection last year for the 2013 bomb attack that killed three people and injured more than 260 others. Tsarnaev committed the bombing with his older brother, Tamerlan, who was killed in a shootout with police in the manhunt that followed it.

“If the US administration kills our brother the hero Dzhokhar Tsarnaev or any Muslim,” Zawahri said in an online video, “[it] will bring America’s nationals the gravest consequences.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/01/al-qaida-boston-marathon-bomber-tsarnaev-execution

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ZZ430 said:

But it's a peaceful religion...right?

I come in peace! Disagree? I KEEL YOU! 

• Like 4

Whatever.  Soup him up, get him off this planet.  Any other islamists want to step up, they'll get the same thing.  Lets see how many virgins they can pass around, it seems to be getting quite packed up there nowadays.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, ZZ430 said:

NOT ALL MUSLIMS!!

• Like 1

The first consequence is that he would be dead and that the Taliban would still be separated from me by an Ocean and another 2 deserts.

I am as worried about the Taliban as I am of gangs of rogue octopi attacking me during a thunderstorm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZZ430 said:

Point me to a religion that doesn't have extremists.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

Jainism

Edited by alibongo

38 minutes ago, alibongo said:

Jainism

Well, Jainist extremists do exist, they just set themselves on fire - rather than others.

• Like 1

Let's bury him alive in a prison cell for the rest of his miserable existence and keep those 72 virgins panting, as long as we can.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thanato said:

To be fair, solitary confinement with no chance to get out of the hole would be a better punishment.

Agreed.    No martyrdom, no display of death, just left and forgotten.

Oh, and nothing but pork for food.

• Like 4

Execute him. Life for a life etc... sod the Taliban....bunch of fairies.... there wasnt any blowback for killing Jihadi John was there?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thanato said:

To be fair, solitary confinement with no chance to get out of the hole would be a better punishment.

Except for the taxpayers money keeping him alive.  I'm not keen on paying to have him live quietly for the rest of his life.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, supervike said:

No martyrdom, no display of death, just left and forgotten.

Martyrdom still means he dies, good enough for the good guys.  Who cares if the islamists have another "hero" to rally behind?  They'll all end up the same way.

• Like 2

no idea how this post ended here

Edited by questionmark

12 hours ago, seeder said:

Al-Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahiri

Why do the Americans not go after this Al-Qaida leader......too?

• Like 1

Am torn between solitary for the rest of his life with bacon and eggs for breakfast each day or = save the tax payers money and hook him up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Why do the Americans not go after this Al-Qaida leader......too?

Hopefully he will be in the cross hairs of a drone armed with Hellfire missiles soon.

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

Am torn between solitary for the rest of his life with bacon and eggs for breakfast each day or = save the tax payers money and hook him up.

:lol: eating bacon WOULD BE  a punishment...

besides, I doubt prison diet is as luxurious as bacon and eggs...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

Point me to another religion that has murdered hundreds in the last few weeks.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ZZ430 said:

Point me to another religion that has murdered hundreds in the last few weeks.

Try Myanmar Buddhists, if they don't reach the number they are pretty near to it.

4 minutes ago, seeder said:

:lol: eating bacon WOULD BE  a punishment...

besides, I doubt prison diet is as luxurious as bacon and eggs...

I am sure this is one exception they can decide not to cater for and make sure they have no right to sue:

http://tribune.com.pk/story/950555/muslims-prisoners-sue-us-jail-for-not-providing-halal-food/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Well, Jainist extremists do exist, they just set themselves on fire - rather than others.

How about Rastafari?

I think the only think they set alight is the ganja? :unsure2:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

I have to go with percentages here. ANY religion can have the occasional nutcase, or someone who misinterprets, misuses or otherwise goes against the basic tenants of the respective faith (the Westboro Baptists come to mind). But we are talking about a rather large percentage of this particular faith that really believe what their book says about those outside the faith, NOT a few misguided individuals. What their book says to do with infidels (me and probably you as well) is pretty specific and goes against our basic principles as a free people and a nation of laws. If only 5% of them believe in exactly what is taught in their book (tax, subjugate or kill the infidel), 5% of a billion people is still 200 million people that wish us harm. 

I seriously doubt the threats will stop the execution of this murderer, as I suspect there will be further attacks upon our country in the name of the "religion of peace" whether he is executed or not. So it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. I say go with "do." If death was the lawful sentence, carry it out. 

• Like 4