Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

my experience

phil086

hello, im new to this but i believe in ghosts because when im alone in my house i get scarred which i think means i do believe. may soun weird!

i went to university a few years ago and was told that where i was living was haunted because it used to be a mental hospital. i thought nothing of it but within my first few days i was listening to music on my hi-fi and all of a sudden the volume went down. i heard it getting quieter and quieter as if someone was turning the knob down. freaked me out and this happened again another time. Now i know this could all be to do with technology and electricity in the hi-fi ie variable rsister etc but a few months later in bed it was dark and i can remember looking at the wall seeing a shadow pass and not being able to move!! freaked me out.

i understand that the shadow could be comming from outside(as there was a source of light) but i was on the second floor!!

im not saying that it was paranormal as it may of been a dream.

just wondering if anyone else have experienced these things or at the same place.

i was at storthes hall the university off huddersfield in uk

cheers guys

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• phil086

• ROGER

• HolyDevil2053

• Elfstone810

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Wisconsin,US and it gets cold here. As I write it's 7 Deg. F. Any way one night I get home to find my then 15 year old son sitting out side with a friend. No over coat Freezing his b-t off. When I asked why they both had heard knocking in the walls and they were scared . I looked around and found he had not shut an out side door, and the wind was banging it open, then shut. He felt rather foolish and now checks thing out first, then reacts to it.

Reality and imagination. Who's to say?

I looked around and found he had not shut an out side door, and the wind was banging it open, then shut.

When I was about nine my bedroom one summer was on a closed-in porch. I stayed up way late one night reading Shirley Jackson's The Haunting of Hill House (AWESOME book, if you've never read it)! There's one incredibly scary scene where the two woman, knowing they're alone in the house, huddle together in one of the rooms in the wee hours of the morning while *something* comes down the hall banging on all the doors and looking for them.

JUST as I got to that scene in the book the screen door that led outside started to slam. ohmy.gif

When I finally came down from the ceiling and went to see, it was my dog. He'd figured out how to open the screen by putting his paw under it and was trying to come in, but I had the door latched so it kept slamming back. laugh.gif

I also experienced something similar where I saw a shadow pass along my window and I was on the second floor...still don't know what it was but it freaked me out too.

My uncle's house, which is where I was when this happened, they told me it was haunted and actually the room I was staying in was the room the previous owner had died in...Isn't that nice?

Afterward, I never really saw anything with that particular ghost...but there were other instances with other things.

Phil, I’ve gathered a lot of information about haunted pubs in England and learned something interesting. When formerly quiet pubs added loud music, the ghosts seemed to disappear. Because ghosts bring in a lot of customers, particularly tourists, a lot of owners have now eliminated, or turned down, the music. If your place is, indeed haunted, maybe the ghosts just didn’t appreciate the loud music.

could be true, happened a few time although my hi-fi is a bit old and tatered. i am sure i also remember other people reporting sights at this place too.