Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
An Urban Leg3nd

The God of the Bible May Be Satan

1,282 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

An Urban Leg3nd

I think based on the things we read from the bible such as the Old Testament and even the New Testament it would imply very distinctly that "God" is in actuality "Satan". To many Christians, I know this may sound like the worst blasphemy but don't worry, I'm atheist, I have that covered. I use to be a Christian, but after reading the bible and many stories within it, I've come to a conclusion- God is not the loving, caring, Creator we suppose him to be, but in reality an evil being. I say, let's look at his qualities then you can determine who or "what" type of being your dealing with. Let's do some quick comparing and contrasting. The bible says that Satan came to kill, steal, and destroy. That makes sense if he's an evil being; yes. Satan is here to divide and conquer, but I specifically remember reading the bible and having Jesus say he came to do the same exact thing, more or less. In the bible, God kills in large number, insights wars, lies, and purposely admits to confusing and confounding people, or sending "strong delusion". God says he creates the "good and the evil,..the light and the dark"...he also has been documented sending "evil spirits" to people. Putting lying spirits in the mouths of prophets too. If God is actually doing all of this stuff, what in the hell is Satan sitting back doing if he's a being distinct and different from God? Maybe Satan is free roaming the world somewhere not even bothering anybody afar off. Who knows? Anyway, right now, think about this,..if Jesus was real, and came to earth, you would think if he was a creator he came here to unite people in love or to bring peace. You'd expect that if he was loving, but he isn't -by his own words. Jesus is exactly the opposite. 

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.” -Matthew 10:34-37

"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.” -Luke 12:51-53

Here we have Jesus openly saying he came not to bring peace on earth, but he actually came to bring division. Listen to that, division. He admits it. Why would a loving benevolent Creator say that he came to divide families and put people one against another in such confusion? Isn't that the devil's job? Why say I came not to bring peace, but ..."the sword"? The sword to me is a direct symbol of war. Remember? Live by the sword, die by the sword? Not only that, God himself admits he is a "God of War".

"The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." (Exodus 15:3)

This is very interesting. How can any rational person, even a Christian, believe in such a being with these type of qualities? Satan is pointed to as the author of confusion, but in the bible, God saw that men were going to build a building that reached into the sky or "the heavens" so God got angry and said "let us go down and confound their language so that they may not communicate one with another". Remember that? Before God confused man's language, God saw that if man were to put his mind to anything, nothing would be impossible for him. I guess the story serves to show how the many languages of the world came to be but I think it's rather evil for what God did. Apparently, humanity would have advanced had we built this structure, yet God confounded the language of everyone so that we cannot work in unity as one. God is ultimately the author of confusion then, ..not Satan. This is only one example of many. If we have a being out there, invisible to man, who made everything, sends evil spirits to people, purposely causes evils and disasters, supposedly murders people on a large scale,...how can we not look at this being as Satan or just outright evil? If God were good, why cause and create evil for our world at all? Is evil a necessary thing or a punishment from God? Who knows. But I will tell you this, if you read the bible for yourself, I don't see how you don't come away as an atheist. The very being we all "wished" was out there,..loving, benevolent, caring, protecting, and all those things, if he's real, I think he has to be Satan in disguise. The world is filled with evil, murders, unprotection, disasters, wars, diseases that literally appear out of nowhere, and many other things,- how does it make you feel to know that the being that you believe in as a Creator purposely causes all those things? If the God of the bible is real, in any aspect, I think he's evil. Call him Satan, call him whoever you want, but he ain't good. What are your thoughts on the issues I raised guys? What is your outlook on the world if a hidden Creator actually did exist? What do you think humanities relationship is to that Creator if he exist? And if he admitted to causing the evils of the world, would you still worship him?

proof-god-exists1.jpg

Edited by An Urban Leg3nd
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh

Whether you believe Satan directly works for God or rebelled against him, Satan is just one of God's tools. Remember God is a jealous and vengeful god.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam

This athiest thing getsconfusing...my understanding of an athiest is someone who does not believe in your god...i believe this was the original meaning and has changed over time to mean no belief in god...but that would be an agnostic   or ignostic if a maybe. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

This athiest thing getsconfusing...my understanding of an athiest is someone who does not believe in your god...i believe this was the original meaning and has changed over time to mean no belief in god...but that would be an agnostic   or ignostic if a maybe. 

Agnostics say maybe, maybe not. Ignostics is basically where the questioning of god is meaningless due to 'god' being an unambiguous term. So in order to argue for or against god you need a definition of god first. Then there is the omnist which recognizes and respects all religions. An example of transtheism is Janism, which is neither atheistic or theistic. Of course Atheist say there is no god and the apatheist doesn't care.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Horta

Agreed that Satan is quite a reasonable and intelligent being, in comparison to the idiot god, as both are portrayed in the bible. Neither of them exist though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
An Urban Leg3nd
On 04/07/2016 at 1:42 PM, seeder said:

 

:lol:

An atheist posts that God is actually the Devil!  :lol:

do you understand.....what an ATHEIST really is?   If so you wouldn't have made this thread at all....now would you?

 

 
 

Dude, I've been an atheist for years! "Omg" lol. I don't believe in God. The point of my post originally was that the biblical God, if he exist, is actually not benevolent but instead evil. Which is why I called him Satan. If you study and read the Old Testament, and even the New Testament and look at the qualities of God, you'll begin to realize if you have a brain, that evils afoot. The bible paints God as jealous, hot-tempered, wrathful, wroth with anger, decietful, murderous, and to be honest an outright "omni-evil" being...who also occasionally enjoys the smell of ritual animal sacrifice. "A sweet savor to the Lord". Taking all of these different emotions and instances into account, it makes you really wonder, maybe the bible was describing Satan the whole time.  Of course, if God was Satan I wouldn't believe in him. But in the bible, Satan and God seem to act almost like brothers, or tag partners or something,-one describing the other in detail while the other goes around acting it out. The stories are really incredible, to say the least, if you read them. Rather they are to be taken as literalism or metaphor is beyond the point,...we still get to make a judgment on what we're reading.

And atheism isn't confusing at all if you are one and know what it means. A means (without)- theism meaning the belief in God or gods. That's how we get "atheism". There are "strong atheist" and "weak atheist". Strong atheist do not believe in God or gods, and also maintain that they are impossible to even exist because of their many contradictive properties that they exhibit when being described by the believer. Weak atheist, do not believe in God or gods either but maintain that they "could" possibly exist or that maybe they may receive evidence for them in the future they dunno. Weak atheist leave the possibility open, not strong atheist.

On 04/07/2016 at 2:13 PM, XenoFish said:

Agnostics say maybe, maybe not. Ignostics is basically where the questioning of god is meaningless due to 'god' being an unambiguous term. So in order to argue for or against god you need a definition of god first. Then there is the omnist which recognizes and respects all religions. An example of transtheism is Janism, which is neither atheistic or theistic. Of course Atheist say there is no god and the apatheist doesn't care.

 
 

I think you were referring to the meaninglessness of the god concept or formerly known as "noncognitivism". Noncognitivism basically states that because God or these "gods" cannot be defined in coherent terms, you cannot apply meaning to such a word or concept. It's like saying "the mirago is red", or "the mirango is all powerful"...well first of all we need to know what the hell a "mirango" is...then we need to know it's nature and also it's properties to find out if it can even possess a color or be all powerful. It's the same thing with the concept of God, not many people can give an adequate description of their god without using some disambiguous term, so it makes it very difficult to say what this being can or cannot do, or if it can even exist. We know nothing about God's nature beyond the holy book attached to it, so we can't begin to attribute anything to it. That's one of the arguments of noncognitivism. Also, I don't know who "Mystic Crusader" is, the way it sounds, he may be a popular Christian apologist around here. I dunno,..but if your up for a discussion on religion, politics, or God, I'm up for anything. I've read and did my homework, many many years ago. At some point you begin to negate who's right and who's wrong and come to realize people have they're own opinions despite how many intellectual arguments we may have at our disposal. We can't say who is right or who is wrong even after long debate, but all we can say is the burden of proof always lies on the one making the claim, the theist, not the atheist. So either way, atheism is a tenable position if one cannot provide adequate evidence to the contrary.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tyrant lizard

Seems legit.

 

I always thought the God from the Bible was a whimsical mass murderer. If the Bible is to be taken seriously he kills innocent people at random and by the absolute bucket load. He takes, takes, takes and gives nothing back and butchers anyone who denies him.

 

If one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, maybe Satan was on to him and tried to put an end to the whole sale slaughter.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug1029
1 hour ago, Horta said:

Agreed that Satan is quite a reasonable and intelligent being, in comparison to the idiot god, as both are portrayed in the bible. Neither of them exist though.

I believe the god of the Pentateuch was Baal.  Where did the wind the parted the Red Sea come from?  The temple of Baal located 4.5 miles southeast of the crossing site.  Which god does the Pentateuch credit for it?  Belzephon.

Remember the talking donkey?  He was owned by Balaam, a priest of Baal (The cave where the shrine was located is now the water supply for a monastery - ironic, isn't it?).

The Pentateuch mentions Baal 34 times and Jehovah only three - and one of those is to say that an earlier mention was a redaction.

In Ugaritic, Baal and Jehovah were brothers.

Doug

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Border Collie

Satan? Aside from Old Harry's Game I see no reason at all to believe in the existence of Satan. And the same goes for the Old Testament God as well.  The New Testament God is rather more interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phaeton80
On 4-7-2016 at 6:04 PM, An Urban Leg3nd said:

Dude, I've been an atheist for years! "Omg" lol. I don't believe in God. The point of my post originally was that the biblical God, if he exist, is actually not benevolent but instead evil. Which is why I called him Satan. If you study and read the Old Testament, and even the New Testament and look at the qualities of God, you'll begin to realize if you have a brain, that evils afoot. The bible paints God as jealous, hot-tempered, wrathful, wroth with anger, decietful, murderous, and to be honest an outright "omni-evil" being...who also occasionally enjoys the smell of ritual animal sacrifice. "A sweet savor to the Lord". Taking all of these different emotions and instances into account, it makes you really wonder, maybe the bible was describing Satan the whole time.  Of course, if God was Satan I wouldn't believe in him. But in the bible, Satan and God seem to act almost like brothers, or tag partners or something,-one describing the other in detail while the other goes around acting it out. The stories are really incredible, to say the least, if you read them. Rather they are to be taken as literalism or metaphor is beyond the point,...we still get to make a judgment on what we're reading.

And atheism isn't confusing at all if you are one and know what it means. A means (without)- theism meaning the belief in God or gods. That's how we get "atheism". There are "strong atheist" and "weak atheist". Strong atheist do not believe in God or gods, and also maintain that they are impossible to even exist because of their many contradictive properties that they exhibit when being described by the believer. Weak atheist, do not believe in God or gods either but maintain that they "could" possibly exist or that maybe they may receive evidence for them in the future they dunno. Weak atheist leave the possibility open, not strong atheist.

I think you were referring to the meaninglessness of the god concept or formerly known as "noncognitivism". Noncognitivism basically states that because God or these "gods" cannot be defined in coherent terms, you cannot apply meaning to such a word or concept. It's like saying "the mirago is red", or "the mirango is all powerful"...well first of all we need to know what the hell a "mirango" is...then we need to know it's nature and also it's properties to find out if it can even possess a color or be all powerful. It's the same thing with the concept of God, not many people can give an adequate description of their god without using some disambiguous term, so it makes it very difficult to say what this being can or cannot do, or if it can even exist. We know nothing about God's nature beyond the holy book attached to it, so we can't begin to attribute anything to it. That's one of the arguments of noncognitivism. Also, I don't know who "Mystic Crusader" is, the way it sounds, he may be a popular Christian apologist around here. I dunno,..but if your up for a discussion on religion, politics, or God, I'm up for anything. I've read and did my homework, many many years ago. At some point you begin to negate who's right and who's wrong and come to realize people have they're own opinions despite how many intellectual arguments we may have at our disposal. We can't say who is right or who is wrong even after long debate, but all we can say is the burden of proof always lies on the one making the claim, the theist, not the atheist. So either way, atheism is a tenable position if one cannot provide adequate evidence to the contrary.

 

You seem to be describing the tenets of (theistic gnostic) Luciferianism here; where Lucifer is positioned as a hero who helped Man against the malicious control of a vengeful, evil god.. 'demiurge'.

I do subscribe to the notion however, certain 'versions of Christ' could be equated with quintessential Luciferian aspects, like a man being venerated alike, taking the position of the Most High. What we know today as Christianity is really Paulinism, and has very little relation to the original Abrahamic teachings (its core aspects diluted, diverted).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phaeton80
Quote

Here we have Jesus openly saying he came not to bring peace on earth, but he actually came to bring division. Listen to that, division. He admits it. Why would a loving benevolent Creator say that he came to divide families and put people one against another in such confusion? Isn't that the devil's job? Why say I came not to bring peace, but ..."the sword"? The sword to me is a direct symbol of war. Remember? Live by the sword, die by the sword? Not only that, God himself admits he is a "God of War".

 

May be this prophet, not Creator, would have stated such because he was aware the world was the domain of the Nemesis of Man, having dominion over it. The division in families refers to the willingness of believers to even be able to cut ties with ones own family if they cannot be moved to adhere to G*ds commandments. Blindly following your family, or the traditions of your forefathers, will potentially lead you to disaster. One must be willing and able to sever these ties if needed. Remember; in this religious reality a spiritual war is taking place, the individual outcome of which supercedes the relation one has with their resp. families. In that reality, earthly life is nothing but a test. A test to adhere to the prophetic teachings.. against ones own ego, against the illusion that is the world.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nnicolette
On 7/4/2016 at 1:10 AM, An Urban Leg3nd said:

I think based on the things we read from the bible such as the Old Testament and even the New Testament it would imply very distinctly that "God" is in actuality "Satan". To many Christians, I know this may sound like the worst blasphemy but don't worry, I'm atheist, I have that covered. I use to be a Christian, but after reading the bible and many stories within it, I've come to a conclusion- God is not the loving, caring, Creator we suppose him to be, but in reality an evil being. I say, let's look at his qualities then you can determine who or "what" type of being your dealing with. Let's do some quick comparing and contrasting. The bible says that Satan came to kill, steal, and destroy. That makes sense if he's an evil being; yes. Satan is here to divide and conquer, but I specifically remember reading the bible and having Jesus say he came to do the same exact thing, more or less. In the bible, God kills in large number, insights wars, lies, and purposely admits to confusing and confounding people, or sending "strong delusion". God says he creates the "good and the evil,..the light and the dark"...he also has been documented sending "evil spirits" to people. Putting lying spirits in the mouths of prophets too. If God is actually doing all of this stuff, what in the hell is Satan sitting back doing if he's a being distinct and different from God? Maybe Satan is free roaming the world somewhere not even bothering anybody afar off. Who knows? Anyway, right now, think about this,..if Jesus was real, and came to earth, you would think if he was a creator he came here to unite people in love or to bring peace. You'd expect that if he was loving, but he isn't -by his own words. Jesus is exactly the opposite. 

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.” -Matthew 10:34-37

"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.” -Luke 12:51-53

Here we have Jesus openly saying he came not to bring peace on earth, but he actually came to bring division. Listen to that, division. He admits it. Why would a loving benevolent Creator say that he came to divide families and put people one against another in such confusion? Isn't that the devil's job? Why say I came not to bring peace, but ..."the sword"? The sword to me is a direct symbol of war. Remember? Live by the sword, die by the sword? Not only that, God himself admits he is a "God of War".

"The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." (Exodus 15:3)

This is very interesting. How can any rational person, even a Christian, believe in such a being with these type of qualities? Satan is pointed to as the author of confusion, but in the bible, God saw that men were going to build a building that reached into the sky or "the heavens" so God got angry and said "let us go down and confound their language so that they may not communicate one with another". Remember that? Before God confused man's language, God saw that if man were to put his mind to anything, nothing would be impossible for him. I guess the story serves to show how the many languages of the world came to be but I think it's rather evil for what God did. Apparently, humanity would have advanced had we built this structure, yet God confounded the language of everyone so that we cannot work in unity as one. God is ultimately the author of confusion then, ..not Satan. This is only one example of many. If we have a being out there, invisible to man, who made everything, sends evil spirits to people, purposely causes evils and disasters, supposedly murders people on a large scale,...how can we not look at this being as Satan or just outright evil? If God were good, why cause and create evil for our world at all? Is evil a necessary thing or a punishment from God? Who knows. But I will tell you this, if you read the bible for yourself, I don't see how you don't come away as an atheist. The very being we all "wished" was out there,..loving, benevolent, caring, protecting, and all those things, if he's real, I think he has to be Satan in disguise. The world is filled with evil, murders, unprotection, disasters, wars, diseases that literally appear out of nowhere, and many other things,- how does it make you feel to know that the being that you believe in as a Creator purposely causes all those things? If the God of the bible is real, in any aspect, I think he's evil. Call him Satan, call him whoever you want, but he ain't good. What are your thoughts on the issues I raised guys? What is your outlook on the world if a hidden Creator actually did exist? What do you think humanities relationship is to that Creator if he exist? And if he admitted to causing the evils of the world, would you still worship him?

proof-god-exists1.jpg

I was wondering the same recently. It seems that christianity has empowered quite a bit of seperation and has demonified anything that predated or was different. Not at all encouraging to the principles it claims to emphasize. Probably just a bit outdated.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coolguy

Iam pagan 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin
On 7/4/2016 at 2:10 AM, An Urban Leg3nd said:

...I've come to a conclusion- God is not the loving, caring, Creator we suppose him to be, but in reality an evil being...

OK, well, to each their own.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
An Urban Leg3nd
On 7/10/2016 at 6:03 AM, Phaeton80 said:

 

You seem to be describing the tenets of (theistic gnostic) Luciferianism here; where Lucifer is positioned as a hero who helped Man against the malicious control of a vengeful, evil god.. 'demiurge'.

I do subscribe to the notion however, certain 'versions of Christ' could be equated with quintessential Luciferian aspects, like a man being venerated alike, taking the position of the Most High. What we know today as Christianity is really Paulinism, and has very little relation to the original Abrahamic teachings (its core aspects diluted, diverted).

 

 I didnt mean to make it look that way. Im not trying to say that Lucifer himself is God. My point was God,...because of his many evil actions can be called Satan, instead of "God". I was using Satan's name in a way to attribute a level of evil to God,..not to make him look like God himself. It's just that God commits so many atrocities throughout the bible, I think he can be said to be pure evil rather than good. Now Im not saying Satan is hero here, ...not at all, I think he's a rotten being, but I think if God of the bible exist, he's even more rotten, but on a greater level. Omni-evil ...if you will. God all throughout the bible commands that people worship him or burn in hell. God of the bible demands to be feared yet also loved...yet you cannot do both. There is no fear in love. Love cast out all fear. God claims to be the "God of War"....yet he also wants to be considered the "God of peace",...it's contradictory. He's either one of the other. Not many believers realize this but, God says in the bible that he "creates peace and makes evil". "I form the light and create darkness,...I make peace and create evil, I the Lord do all these things".  “If a calamity occurs in the city, has not the LORD done it?” These verses speak volumes about the God Christians claim to believe in. They don't even fully realize what they believe in. If only more people read. Lucifer is no hero, ...and has his faults, but he isn't the blame for everything. Satan is not the origin of evil or the author of confusion,...God is. Satan might do all of those things, ..but God did it first. God purposely mystifies, confuses, and deceives, yet we're supposed to look at him as benevolent?  He's evil. Seriously. God is said to send people "strong delusion so that they may believe a lie". God puts "lying spirits" in the mouths of prophets so that they lie more often. God purposely confounded the language of men in the Tower of Babel just because they wanted to build a tower that reached the sky or "the heavens". This is not the behavior you'd expect from a being that's benevolent or loving. This is what you'd expect from Satan. But it's God who's doing it! Jesus is no different, he's more or less a continuation of the Old Testament god but with less bloodshed. Jesus is proved to be a liar and a coward. As you seen me quote him,...he came to divide not unite or unify.

 

On 7/10/2016 at 6:17 AM, Phaeton80 said:

 

May be this prophet, not Creator, would have stated such because he was aware the world was the domain of the Nemesis of Man, having dominion over it. The division in families refers to the willingness of believers to even be able to cut ties with ones own family if they cannot be moved to adhere to G*ds commandments. Blindly following your family, or the traditions of your forefathers, will potentially lead you to disaster. One must be willing and able to sever these ties if needed. Remember; in this religious reality a spiritual war is taking place, the individual outcome of which supercedes the relation one has with their resp. families. In that reality, earthly life is nothing but a test. A test to adhere to the prophetic teachings.. against ones own ego, against the illusion that is the world.

 

 

 

I don't think that's the case. Jesus stated in unequivocal terms that he came not to bring peace on earth...but "the sword". Would his message be more clearer if he said "I came not to send peace on earth but the gun instead"? He said he came to bring "the sword". Weapons symbolize war, not peace. It's also the same message being sent when he says he came to "divide" family and to put people one against another, mother against daughter, and father against son. All he wanted to do with his religion was divide people and cause strive, it's exactly the same thing they did in the Old Testament. When God saw that there were other men, women, and children, who didn't believe in him, he often rallied his people who did believe in him and told them to kill the unbelievers.  God of the bible is a mega-maniacal maniac who loves human and animal sacrifice. He's sick. Its also of no constellation to say Jesus just came to divide the believers from the unbelievers for "goodness sake",...this is an intolerant and ignorant mindset the bible teaches it's believers to have. That's all it is. When I was coming up and learning about life, I learned to always accept the beliefs and differences of others, not to outcast them because they're not like me. The bible in all it's cruelty, teaches people to be separate from others who are different from you, ...at least people these days have enough sense not to kill and stone a unbeliever. Two of the most important things in this world are friends and family. Jesus said he came to divide you against both. Believe him. That's all the bible does is divide. God forbid if a skeptical or intelligent human being ever have a casual conversation with a Christian about life,...it'll turn into an argument for obvious reasons. One person bases they're life and decisions on facts and reason, the other on wishful thinking and "faith". There is always a divide between the two because one is taught to reject the other,...not the atheist though. That's why there are so many damn lonely despicable people in this world now, because they hate and separate themselves from people who would have otherwise cared about them.  If they only accepted one another and got along, for peace sake. It's hard to be peaceful with everyone when the religion you adhere to teaches you to divide. I think life is a journey, a journey of man finding out where he's at and where he is going as a being, both alive and dead. 

Aside from the bible, I think people should seek truth and peace. If you seek peace you'll be more accepting of people and their differences. Peace ain't got time to argue man. Everyone has an opinion, just because it's different doesn't mean you have to hate them or exile them for it. The bible is so contradictory in it's stories and messages, you can't take anything it says as a truth, one thing conflicts with other things it teaches. I myself, I seek truth,...and in seeking truth I've learned that the truth is outside of the bible and outside of the realm of Jesus entirely. Jesus is not the truth, neither can anything in the bible said to be so. I think people should just live, and life will teach you itself how to live. You'll either learn and become a better human being, or live and don't learn and become a continually more decadent person until you corrupt everything about yourself. Just my opinion....

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

I often use the Dark Crystal analogy. There is only the All, which is everything. It's people who divide it up. We need to heal the crystal, or we'll be stuck with the Skeksis.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davros of Skaro
On 7/4/2016 at 8:08 AM, Rlyeh said:

Whether you believe Satan directly works for God or rebelled against him, Satan is just one of God's tools. Remember God is a jealous and vengeful god.

Spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AZDZ
On 7/11/2016 at 11:15 AM, An Urban Leg3nd said:

God is said to send people "strong delusion so that they may believe a lie". God puts "lying spirits" in the mouths of prophets so that they lie more often.

How ironic you should post that verse.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GoldenWolf
2 minutes ago, AZDZ said:

How ironic you should post that verse.

He is not a "prophet of God".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh

I don't see the need to excuse God's behaviour. When someone acts like an *******, it's usually because they are.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AZDZ
19 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

He is not a "prophet of God".

Who, the OP? Never said he was.

The point was in the irony of what he quoted against the claims he made.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HalfAnIdiot

Regarding the OP's first sentence: please explain how G-d is Satan/Ha-Satan in context with the Book of Job. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
4 hours ago, Mystic Crusader said:

He is not a "prophet of God".

An den?  The scripture says nothing about the strong delusion emanating from a holy source.  In fact it makes more sense that it would not come from a religion at all.  In today's world if an alien ship appeared with mind numbing tech, how many people would reject the idea that it was truly an ET?  Especially if the creatures laid out a wonderful story of how we were seeded millennia ago and now we needed saving.  People who scoff at the idea of God would lap this up like a dog in a butcher shop. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GoldenWolf
1 hour ago, and then said:

An den?  The scripture says nothing about the strong delusion emanating from a holy source.  In fact it makes more sense that it would not come from a religion at all. 

Sorry, but I noticed this verse a long time ago:

2 Thessalonians 2

The Man of Lawlessness
9 The coming of the lawless one will be accompanied by the working of Satan, with every kind of power, sign, and false wonder, 10 and with every wicked deception directed against those who are perishing, because they refused the love of the truth that would have saved them. 11 For this reason, God will send them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie,…

2 Corinthians 4

The Light of the Gospel
3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers so they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat

Mystic Crusader, if you think the bible is full of bullship, why dwell on it ? My local newspaper is like that, so i don't buy or read it !

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.