Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The God of the Bible May Be Satan

An Urban Leg3nd

I do wish hardline atheists wouldn't keeping sneeringly saying "imaginary friend". It really makes them look very very smug. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2016 at 10:37 AM, An Urban Leg3nd said:

At least your willing to admit either willingly or unintentionally that the story doesn't make sense because it doesnt! :lol:

Honestly its God's fault, he created Lucifer as a perfect being who turned against him but created humans as imperfect beings who still did the same thing eventually. I think he's stupid. Might be omniscient, but still stupid. He may know everything, but doesn't know how to apply it.

I'd not read that Lucifer was created to be perfect, but that he was the greatest of the Angels. I think if Lucifer was perfect, then he'd not have revolted.

If human and animal sacrifice is not sickening to you, then maybe your one of those men from the "dawn of history"? It doesn't matter if the entire world at that time practiced sacrifice of some sort, it's still a barbaric and primitive practice. God is the one who demanded human and animal sacrifice, not us. Animal sacrifice in particular "pleased" God. In that it was a "sweet savor to the Lord". You want me to illustrate how primitive sacrificing things is? The next time a man wrongs you,...instead of forgiving him, tell him to go find a young blooded animal, make an altar, and sacrifice it to you or else you won't forgive him for his wrong against you. That's what God's mindset is; you cant get something for nothing with him. His forgiveness was always conditional. The truth is..real love isn't conditional. If God truly loved you he wouldn't require that you sacrafice anything to him in exchange for his forgiveness. All you should have to do is "ask". That's love. Sacrificecast him in a light that doesn't make him look truly loving or forgiving. People use to have to sacrafice an animal or human to appease God or else he'd threaten to kill everybody, whole households! lmao It's crazy.

What is wrong with animal sacrifice? If the animal doesn't suffer, it is no different then eating a turkey at Thanksgiving, or butchering a chicken to cook because relatives are coming to visit. 

Again, you are neglecting that Jesus died 2000 years ago to end all sacrifice. Your making an argument that hasn't been true in 2000 years.

Trouble living up to God's law? Didn't God know humans would have trouble living up to his laws before he even introduced these laws? He could have saved lives and time by sending Christ in the Old Testament era and thing would have changed along time ago. Not to metion, God considers humans guilty until they are born again by which they are supposedly made "innocent" in his sight. (shakes head)

That has caused a lot of theological backflip arguments. Ultimately, it is believed that God can, but doesn't, look into the future and act on it, in order to preserve Free Will. Each era of God's laws had a reason. What is most important is what the law is now. That comes out of the New Testament, not the Old.

I've never bought into "original sin". I believe we are sinful by nature, but not that we are born into sin. I think few Protestants believe that, or we'd have Christenings and baby Baptism, like the Catholics do.

You making some pretty big assumptions on your own here. I did call God evil,...and a monster, if he exist. Why? It's not that hard to understand. God murders large numbers of people throughout the bible, kills men, women, innocent children, even first borns, sends plauges that will torture people on earth, God lies to people, God deceives people, God purposely allows people to be deceived by the devil, God sends people strong delusions so that they may believe a lie, God purposely confused the language of the human race just because they wanted to build the first modern sky scrapper(a building that reached the heavens,Tower of Babel), wanted us to kill each others(including unbelievers, for many different reasons), wanted human and animal sacrafice because he can't just accept an Im sorry, and the icing on the cake, he's suppose to return with his loving angels and literally slaughter every human being walking the face of the Earth after the rapture because they chose not to believe in him. How loving of God to do these such things...you really don't make mention of the many murders God often commits in the bible at all. Let's talk about it and it's basis. Is it just to ever murder innocent children because of the sins of their parents or the generation ahead of them? Lastly, I said most people worship God out of fear of hell fire because those are the people I came across. They are afraid to question the bible, or disbelieve in such a being because their afraid he'll send them to hell for ALL ETERNITY. If I created humans, and truly loved them, I would never create a place such as hell fire. If God is omnipotent and can do ANYTHING he could have literally thought of a way around sending people to hell for an eternity. He could of thought of a way to reform the evil people or somehow change them into "good people" despite what they did. Instead, the evil men, the unbelievers who may have been good men, and others all goto hell when they die. What a loving God you serve!!!

The major points you are making for God being evil have context to consider. I think you're mainly going off Exodus, with the plagues and death of the firstborn. Those were punishments, not random acts of evil. Pharaoh could have released the Jews and none of that would have happened. 

I don't know where God lies to people, not an example? Have you never lied? Are you then "evil"? 

The Tower of Babel was prevented because the people wanted to breach Heaven. They needed to be prevented and garbling language accomplished that.

I can't speak for all Christians, but I've only met a handful of people who truly feared going to Hell. 99.9% of Christians I have met find it ridiculous to live in fear, when Jesus died for our sins, and all we have to do is ask forgiveness. 

As to the Rapture, I believe you are mistaken. Christians will be Saved. Everyone else will remain on Earth. They angels do break the various seals, and read scrolls and whatnot, and a third of mankind is supposed to die. But, not everyone. Then will be the 1000 years of peace. Then will be the Final Judgement, at which all humans are individually judged, and those who are worthy, are saved. Those who are not forgiven go to the Flames. I can't imagine most people being so stubborn as to CHOSE to go to Hell, and don't be confused, everyone Judged will have the option to be forgiven, and thus go to Heaven. Only those who refuse forgiveness will burn eternal.

It's not me saying this, its the bible. The bible says God creates both good and evil. If a being is said to create both good and "evil" I think we are to question his intentions in doing so. Why create evil at all? At best for doing so, God is an amoral being. A being who has no sense of morality he lives by, no right or wrong, because he can literally do whatever the hell he wants and still be looked upon as "good". Tell me, how is it possible for someone to do evil yet still be looked upon as good? How is it possible to look at someone as evil who does nothing but good? This is the conodrum. So God can do things that we can't that would be cosidered evil,...like murder, yet we are taught to still look at him as a good being; that's religion for you. God is evil. You mention that I dont bring up the apparent good things that God does in the bible aside from his other atrocities,...well if God does good in the bible it is not without the accompany of something evil before it's appearance. God usually kills or slaughters a people, cast a plauge, or something along those lines before he allows something good to come about for his own people who blindly serve him out of fear. If God is omnipotent, God could simply do away with all the evil if he wanted to at anytime,...be he choses not to. What would be a "Good God's" intentions for continually allowing the evil he himself created to exist? Hmm?

Sodom and Gomorrah? God killed everybody there except for Lot and his two daughters,...who later got him drunk and had sex with him and made babies. The wife got turned into salt for looking backwards. What a wonderful turn of events that God put together. I think I want to volmit.

Why create evil at all? That has got to be the question of the day. People have asked that for thousands of years. Without evil, there can be no good. Without evil,what defines good? If you have 100 people and only 1 is evil, and you remove him, #99 would then move into the position of evil. Unless all people were perfectly the same, someone is always going to be considered different and thus evil. 

God from the OT actually should be considered nether good or evil. However Jesus can be considered Good, and He is the very picture of God in human form. Your assumption is that since God is omnipowerful, that He can't change His mind? 

Regardless, Abraham asked the Angels to save Lot, his brother, and Lot was saved. That Lot's wife and daughters were sub-standard I think must reflect on them and not Lot, or God's saving of them.

God can also do all the Good he wants at any time. Presto! Not completely evil. Not totally evil. Your statement was of total evil, of which I've logically pointed out already is completely wrong.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I think you're mainly going off Exodus, with the plagues and death of the firstborn. Those were punishments, not random acts of evil. Pharaoh could have released the Jews and none of that would have happened.

If those weren't (if they'd happened, of course) random acts of evil, but were targeted at the innocent people (who had no say in who their Pharaoh was or what he did), does that make it all right? It's just the same as a Democratic country specifically targeting children because their leader doesn't do what the Democratic country wants.  Really I think that's why the origin of these stories; the writers saw God, and wanted to describe him, in ways that people of the time could relate to, in order to express how they should be in awe of him and unquestioningly obey him, so they'd describe him as the kind of tyrant that everyone was familiar with. I think as with so much in the OT, it's a reflection of how people of time saw God, not necessarily the truth of how he (assuming, for now, that he does exist) is actually like.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2016 at 4:29 PM, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

I do wish hardline atheists wouldn't keeping sneeringly saying "imaginary friend". It really makes them look very very smug. 

To be fair, it is entirely accurate. I think that is why religiously oriented people find it distasteful, funny that. 

I saw Bill Maher telling Richard Dawkins he might have been the one to initiate the phrase, he used to use it in stand up "back in the day" apparently.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2016 at 2:29 AM, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

Well "Your friend that may, or may not exist, and evidence leads to it being just in your head" does not have the same ring to it. 

• Like 2

In the book of Job, Satan is present among the assemble of the Sons of God. If you read the book you will see that God and Satan are buddies, pals even. So much so that God has a bet with Satan where God agrees to let Satan torture Job and kill all of Jobs children just to see if Job would curse God. Reminds me of that Eddie Murphy movie "Trading Places". Now some biblical scholars have stated that the Book of Job might be the oldest in the Bible. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elsupremo said:

In the book of Job, Satan is present among the assemble of the Sons of God. If you read the book you will see that God and Satan are buddies, pals even. So much so that God has a bet with Satan where God agrees to let Satan torture Job and kill all of Jobs children just to see if Job would curse God. Reminds me of that Eddie Murphy movie "Trading Places". Now some biblical scholars have stated that the Book of Job might be the oldest in the Bible. 

Trading Places. :D Great movie, 

That is a really good analogy. 

3 hours ago, Elsupremo said:

That was a Messed Up bit of scripture.... Reads like woman and children were just part of the livestock.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Elsupremo said:

Mew!

Information on Job

"Edwin M. Good writes: "If we cannot say where Job originated, it is equally difficult to say when. Ezekiel referred to Job as an important person alongside Noah and Daniel (Ezek. 14:14-20). Moreover, tradition put him in the patriarchal period and made the book one of the oldest in the Bible. Modern scholars are skeptical of this claim to antiquity, but dates proposed range from the tenth to the third century B.C. The book itself is completely silent about its time, with no allusions to historical events or topical subjects (some take 12:17-19 as a depiction of the Exile). If we could be certain of the history of the Hebrew language or of the relations between one text and another, we could more confidently assign a date. Some affinities of Job 3 with Jer. 20:7-18, for example, do not allow certainty of which passage came first. Stylistic similarities between Job and Isaiah 40-55 have also been alleged. Those connections suggest a time either before the early sixth century B.C. (if Job is prior) or in the late sixth or early fifth century B.C. (if Job is later). Job 7:17-18 is almost surely a parody of Psalm 8, but no one can be sure when Psalm 8 was written. Job 3:4 is a parodistic allusion to Gen. 1:3, a creation account usually dated after the Exile in the sixth century B.C. Such evidence suggests but does not prove that Job was composed and completed after the Babylonian exile." "

http://www.earlyjewishwritings.com/job.html

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Elsupremo said:

Well exactly, that says it all doesn't it. Oldest and most primitive, so therefore hardly likely to be the product of much in the way of sophisticated thought. Sometimes people who treat it as a continuous and consistent history book or an instruction book for how to live one's life don't seem to appreciate that it was put together from lots of different sources that varied very greatly in age. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DieChecker said:

That was a Messed Up bit of scripture.... Reads like woman and children were just part of the livestock.

Well nothing much has changed, has it.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, davros of skaro said:

Information on Job

"Edwin M. Good writes: "If we cannot say where Job originated, it is equally difficult to say when. Ezekiel referred to Job as an important person alongside Noah and Daniel (Ezek. 14:14-20). Moreover, tradition put him in the patriarchal period and made the book one of the oldest in the Bible. Modern scholars are skeptical of this claim to antiquity, but dates proposed range from the tenth to the third century B.C. The book itself is completely silent about its time, with no allusions to historical events or topical subjects (some take 12:17-19 as a depiction of the Exile). If we could be certain of the history of the Hebrew language or of the relations between one text and another, we could more confidently assign a date. Some affinities of Job 3 with Jer. 20:7-18, for example, do not allow certainty of which passage came first. Stylistic similarities between Job and Isaiah 40-55 have also been alleged. Those connections suggest a time either before the early sixth century B.C. (if Job is prior) or in the late sixth or early fifth century B.C. (if Job is later). Job 7:17-18 is almost surely a parody of Psalm 8, but no one can be sure when Psalm 8 was written. Job 3:4 is a parodistic allusion to Gen. 1:3, a creation account usually dated after the Exile in the sixth century B.C. Such evidence suggests but does not prove that Job was composed and completed after the Babylonian exile." "

http://www.earlyjewishwritings.com/job.html

All bible scriptures are to be read and understood this way Isaiah 28:10 precept upon precept, line upon line, here a little there a little. I want to say that means every precept and line in the bible is backed by other books of the bible which utter the same line or precept helping one to get a clear understanding of the whole book. This basically means to me that the bible is written in a weird code that not only ties every book together, but guarantees also that Gentiles like us will never really understand it and why should we when the law was given to Isreal and to no other nation.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Elsupremo said:

All bible scriptures are to be read and understood this way Isaiah 28:10 precept upon precept, line upon line, here a little there a little. I want to say that means every precept and line in the bible is backed by other books of the bible which utter the same line or precept helping one to get a clear understanding of the whole book. This basically means to me that the bible is written in a weird code that not only ties every book together, but guarantees also that Gentiles like us will never really understand it and why should we when the law was given to Isreal and to no other nation.

That's how the NT Gospels were created:

New Testament Narrative as Old Testament Midrash

http://www.robertmprice.mindvendor.com/art_midrash1.htm

*Mark 1:1-3

"1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
2 As it is written in Isaiah the prophet,
“Behold, I send my messenger before thy face,
who shall prepare thy way;
3 the voice of one crying in the wilderness:
Prepare the way of the Lord,
make his paths straight—”"

Malachi 3:1

"3 See, I am sending my messenger to prepare the way before me, and the Lord whom you seek will suddenly come to his temple. The messenger of the covenant in whom you delight—indeed, he is coming, says the Lord of hosts."

Exodus 23:20

"20 “Behold, I send an angel before you, to guard you on the way and to bring you to the place which I have prepared."

Isaiah 40:3

"3 A voice cries:
“In the wilderness prepare the way of the Lord,
    Make straight in the desert a highway for our God.""

*Mark 1:9-11

"9 In those days Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. 10 And when he came up out of the water, immediately he saw the heavens opened and the Spirit descending upon him like a dove; 11 and a voice came from heaven, “Thou art my beloved Son; with thee I am well pleased.” "

Psalm 2:7

"7 I will tell of the decree of the Lord:
He said to me, “You are my son,
    today I have begotten you."

Isaiah 42:1

"42 Behold my servant, whom I uphold,
    my chosen, in whom my soul delights;
I have put my Spirit upon him,
    he will bring forth justice to the nations."

Genesis 22:12

"12 He said, “Do not lay your hand on the lad or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, seeing you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me.”"

*Mark 1:12-13

"12 The Spirit immediately drove him out into the wilderness. 13 And he was in the wilderness forty days, tempted by Satan; and he was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered to him."

Numbers 14:32-35

"32 But as for you, your dead bodies shall fall in this wilderness. 33 And your children shall be shepherds in the wilderness forty years, and shall suffer for your faithlessness, until the last of your dead bodies lies in the wilderness. 34 According to the number of the days in which you spied out the land, forty days, for every day a year, you shall bear your iniquity, forty years, and you shall know my displeasure.’ 35 I, the Lord, have spoken; surely this will I do to all this wicked congregation that are gathered together against me: in this wilderness they shall come to a full end, and there they shall die.” "

1 Kings 19:5-7

"5 And he lay down and slept under a broom tree; and behold, an angel touched him, and said to him, “Arise and eat.” 6 And he looked, and behold, there was at his head a cake baked on hot stones and a jar of water. And he ate and drank, and lay down again. 7 And the angel of the Lord came again a second time, and touched him, and said, “Arise and eat, else the journey will be too great for you.” "

*Mark 1:16-20

"16 And passing along by the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew the brother of Simon casting a net in the sea; for they were fishermen. 17 And Jesus said to them, “Follow me and I will make you become fishers of men.” 18 And immediately they left their nets and followed him. 19 And going on a little farther, he saw James the son of Zeb′edee and John his brother, who were in their boat mending the nets. 20 And immediately he called them; and they left their father Zeb′edee in the boat with the hired servants, and followed him."

Exodus 4:27-28

"27 The Lord said to Aaron, “Go into the wilderness to meet Moses.” So he went, and met him at the mountain of God and kissed him. 28 And Moses told Aaron all the words of the Lord with which he had sent him, and all the signs which he had charged him to do."

Jeremiah 16:16

"16 “Behold, I am sending for many fishers, says the Lord, and they shall catch them; and afterwards I will send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain and every hill, and out of the clefts of the rocks."

Ezekiel 47:10

"10 Fishermen will stand beside the sea; from En-ge′di to En-eg′laim it will be a place for the spreading of nets; its fish will be of very many kinds, like the fish of the Great Sea."

On 7/24/2016 at 11:40 AM, Mystic Crusader said:

New International Version
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

Hebrews 12:29
For our God is a consuming fire.

Exodus 15:7
"And in the greatness of Your excellence You overthrow those who rise up against You; You send forth Your burning anger, and it consumes them as chaff.

Luke 12:49
"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

Matthew 3:12
His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire

Luke 14:27
And whoever does not carry his cross and follow Me cannot be My disciple.

Nx400xFireSymbolsFireMeanings.jpg.pagesp

547.jpg?4520

jesus%20lions%20dens_zpsweam6nvh.png

Burning-Bush-610x351.jpg

jim-jones-powerpoint-8-728.jpg?cb=129602

Like this^, but on a planetary scale.

Luke 21:33
Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away.

I disagree with the Jim Jones post. Most people did not voluntarily drink the tainted kool-aid. They were held at gunpoint by an inner circle of fanatical devotees, forced to drink it or be shot, and many were forcibly injected. 

Edited by ChaosRose

I think by and large, the folks of the People's Temple were good people. I don't think the majority of them were fanatics. They believed in the Civil Rights movement, working together, community, helping the poor. They just trusted the wrong pastor, and many of them had good reason to trust him. He had helped many of them when they were down and out. But it was all a ploy. Once he got them isolated, he took off his mask and started showing his true colors. It was too late, and most of them couldn't get away.

• Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 3:59 PM, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

Your invisible friend, is that better?

• Like 3

People always make assumptions just because people have little patience with the more smug end of the atheist community.

2 minutes ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

People always make assumptions just because people have little patience with the more smug end of the atheist community.

I would've thought it be the other way around. This hand waving "god of gaps" gets old very quickly.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Otto von Pickelhaube said:

How intolerant! 

• Like 1

I'd not read that Lucifer was created to be perfect, but that he was the greatest of the Angels. I think if Lucifer was perfect, then he'd not have revolted.

Ezekiel 28:15 -"Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee." It was said that Lucifer or Satan was created perfect in all of his ways...until one-day iniquity was found in him. He may have been created perfect, but one day despite and all that he had(wisdom and every one of the precious stones), he chose to turn against God. And God knew this before he created Lucifer, yet still...he created him. I'd say God was the one directly responsible for the fall of humanity. God may have all knowledge, but I think he's a stupid being. Just look at his ability to make sensical decisions. You don't want sin to enter the world, you don't want man to turn against you,...common sense says don't create the source which would cause that-Lucifer. God made him anyway. God is an idiot. Knows all, but has terrible decision-making skills. Unless he wanted sin to enter the world,..unless he wanted man to disobey him so the consequential events after would ensue. Pointless endeavours.

What is wrong with animal sacrifice? If the animal doesn't suffer, it is no different then eating a turkey at Thanksgiving, or butchering a chicken to cook because relatives are coming to visit. 

Again, you are neglecting that Jesus died 2000 years ago to end all sacrifice. Your making an argument that hasn't been true in 2000 years.

What's wrong with animal sacrifice? Besides the fact that it's sick-minded and primitive,...everything is wrong with it. It's entirely different from cooking food for yourself and your family because you have to eat to survive. Sacrifice,...your building an altar, taking a preferable live animal then killing it and then burning it's flesh to appease some sick minded deity who is sitting back watching and enjoying the smell so he can forgive you for the bad things he foresaw you doing a millennia before you even did it. If you don't find anything wrong with this picture you may be part of the problem. It doesn't matter if Jesus ended the sacrifices,..."Old-Testament Lives Matter". Many people died as part of human sacrifice,...and the animals died. It was demanded by some evil minded being sitting behind a veil who's apparently has been putting us at odds with each other more than the devil evil could.

That has caused a lot of theological backflip arguments. Ultimately, it is believed that God can, but doesn't, look into the future and act on it, in order to preserve Free Will. Each era of God's laws had a reason. What is most important is what the law is now. That comes out of the New Testament, not the Old.

I've never bought into "original sin". I believe we are sinful by nature, but not that we are born into sin. I think few Protestants believe that, or we'd have Christenings and baby Baptism, like the Catholics do.

Supposedly, God knows past,present, and future. I don't think he can choose not to know something he innately already knows because he's an omniscient being. It's not possible. It's actually the bible which says that God has the life of man planned out before he even lived it. That defeats the notion of free-will right there! If God planned for you to go here and do this, or planned for you to go there and do that, then...ultimately it is he that made all the decisions that put you where you ended up, not yourself. You were more or less a robot carrying out your unseen commands. The fact that "God has a plan" cancels out the notion of free-will, even though me and you both know we have free will. We know we have free-will, ...we can choose A over B. But what complicates that is when you say there is an invisible man who planned out your whole life in advance. That's what makes you say it is not me who put me here ...but God! It's logic man.

The major points you are making for God being evil have context to consider. I think you're mainly going off Exodus, with the plagues and death of the firstborn. Those were punishments, not random acts of evil. Pharaoh could have released the Jews and none of that would have happened. 

Um,...no? It's not the context but the content itself. Let's look the Old-Testament as a whole, then judge. It's murder after murder, even for the most petty or silliest of things. God was handing out free death passes to whole generations of people, for even the smallest infraction of his laws. Got a disobedient son? KILL HIM! Omg. It was that simple back then, read it! You mention Pharaoh,...think about this. God has the ability to harden hearts and soften hearts,....in the case of Pharaoh God purposely chose to harden Pharoahs heart to see if he would let God's people go so God can then demonstrate some of his wicked powers on the masses. It's God's open invitation for massacre,...just sit by and watch. It's like having a hostage situation and instead of the cops telling the criminal to release the hostages, the cops say "no , you keep the hostages, we're gonna just send in the swat team and kill everyone holdings hostages anyway, sit back and watch!" That's God's mentality. He could have made Pharoah let his people go by softening his heart,...; he purposely hardened the man's heart and made him even more angry which caused God to release plagues to demonstrate how omni-wicked he is.

I don't know where God lies to people, not an example? Have you never lied? Are you then "evil"? 

You need example? Here's a really great one. Jesus said specifically, ASK him for anything you wish, whatever you want, and he will do it so that HIS FATHER may be glorified. Think about what he's saying.

"And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son." -Jesus

Bold claim. Bold lie. Ask all of the sick children in the hospital why they pray for Jesus to heal them and NOTHING ever happens, at all. They die of cancer. Ask why you can pray for the most selfless thing for God to do yet he will still not do it. Pray that God end starvation of all the kids in the world,...he will never do it. Pray that God heal all Christian children of their mental illnesses and diseases and sicknesses,...he will never do it. Why? Not that it's too big to accomplish for him but because Jesus was a liar and a coward. Proven so many times. Big time. That's just the smallest things to ask him for, there are others. He lies about other things in the bible too,...need I go on. God going around deceiving people anyone? God said he will purposely send certain people a "strong delusions" so that they will believe a lie. How loving of him.

The Tower of Babel was prevented because the people wanted to breach Heaven. They needed to be prevented and garbling language accomplished that.

Breach "heaven"? lmao. Are you even kidding? They wanted to breach heaven? Heaven is the sky. All they were gonna do is build a building that reached into the sky,...it would no way breach what we think of all "heaven". You think it would have extended into the stars? lol. Please. These were dawn of the age men! God purposely confused their language because he is a vindictive,jealous, hateful, being who doesnt' want to see good things for humanity but the opposite.  That's why he goes around doing all of those evil things to his own people and even the unbelievers. He's evil.

As to the Rapture, I believe you are mistaken. Christians will be Saved. Everyone else will remain on Earth. They angels do break the various seals, and read scrolls and whatnot, and a third of mankind is supposed to die. But, not everyone. Then will be the 1000 years of peace. Then will be the Final Judgement, at which all humans are individually judged, and those who are worthy, are saved. Those who are not forgiven go to the Flames. I can't imagine most people being so stubborn as to CHOSE to go to Hell, and don't be confused, everyone Judged will have the option to be forgiven, and thus go to Heaven. Only those who refuse forgiveness will burn eternal.

You see that's the problem right there, ...your missing the point. Yes, Christians will be saved and taken away from Earth before what can only be called a massacre will ensue. Think about it,...it's the unbelievers that are going to be tortured and killed repeated until it's all over. The bible equates unbelievers with -evil. If you don't believe in God the bible preassumes that your evil. So those people are going to be the ones who are gonna be getting tortured as these angels read those scrolls unleashing plague upon plague upon the earth. God is going to slaughter a third of mankind!? Just because they don't believe in him? So much for that whole God is love bs! And actually, who in the hell is going to change their mind after being tortured so cruelly? Why call out to the sick monster who is tormenting you? I wouldn't. And since you brought it up, there will be a period of peace ...that actually last a long time when the Anti Christ arrives. The bible saids he'll arrive, make people worship him as a God, but peace will ensue for years even...until Christ returns to kill everybody. Think about that, we'd have peace,..until Jesus gets back! If that's the case he can stay where he is!

Why create evil at all? That has got to be the question of the day. People have asked that for thousands of years. Without evil, there can be no good. Without evil,what defines good? If you have 100 people and only 1 is evil, and you remove him, #99 would then move into the position of evil. Unless all people were perfectly the same, someone is always going to be considered different and thus evil. 

God from the OT actually should be considered nether good or evil. However Jesus can be considered Good, and He is the very picture of God in human form. Your assumption is that since God is omnipowerful, that He can't change His mind? 

Regardless, Abraham asked the Angels to save Lot, his brother, and Lot was saved. That Lot's wife and daughters were sub-standard I think must reflect on them and not Lot, or God's saving of them.

God can also do all the Good he wants at any time. Presto! Not completely evil. Not totally evil. Your statement was of total evil, of which I've logically pointed out already is completely wrong.

Why create evil? Well, evil destroys if you hadn't noticed. God purposely created evil when there was only good, in the very beginning. In the very very very beginning when Lucifer was good, there was no evil, so a world without evil could exist just fine. It was only after Lucifer changed his mine about served God did we see what exactly evil was,...nothing outside the scope of Lucifer's design Im sure. God's not evil but he kills more people on a global scale than Luicfer. Read it again. God kill people,...large, small, kids, woman, men. It doesn't matter, God seems to have a particular hatred for humanity, in the bible he's always threatening to kill us! Sometimes he own people has to talk him out of it and make him "repent" of the evil that he sought to do to his people. God sounds like a psychpath. Also, God prescribes us ways to live by,...ways to live by he himself can even life up to either! If we look at God's behavior in the bible, I can promise you it violates just about all of our human moral ethics we all seek to live by. And because of thus, God is an amoral being. He's neither good or evil. Personally, I think he is evil. A vile being , but for the sake of discussion, he indiscriminately does what ever the hell he wants. Hey, its' in the bible.

Edited by An Urban Leg3nd
  • Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 6:43 AM, DieChecker said:

Do you believe the earth is also flat?

• Like 4

On 7/4/2016 at 7:52 AM, freetoroam said:

This athiest thing getsconfusing...my understanding of an athiest is someone who does not believe in your god...i believe this was the original meaning and has changed over time to mean no belief in god...but that would be an agnostic   or ignostic if a maybe. 

There's a lot of continuing confusion over this very simple word.

Atheist means not-theist. Period. Theist means somebody who believes that one or more gods exist; atheist means everybody else.

What some call "agnostics", "ignostics", etc., are atheists. There's no need to "fine-tune" the word.

My understanding is that the ancient Greeks coined "atheist" to refer to everybody who doesn't believe in the gods of ancient Greece. It changed to mean somebody who doesn't believe in any gods. It hasn't changed since then despite relentless lying from many theists that it means "believes that gods don't exist" or even the idiotic "believes in Satan".

Bottom line: if you believe in god(s), you are theist. If you don't believe in gods because you're not convinced or because you don't care enough to look into the question, you are not theist and are therefore atheist.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2016 at 8:13 AM, XenoFish said:

Agnostics say maybe, maybe not. Ignostics is basically where the questioning of god is meaningless due to 'god' being an unambiguous term. So in order to argue for or against god you need a definition of god first. Then there is the omnist which recognizes and respects all religions. An example of transtheism is Janism, which is neither atheistic or theistic. Of course Atheist say there is no god and the apatheist doesn't care.

"Of course Atheist say there is no god..."

Wrong. A subset of atheists say there are no gods. Atheists say they don't believe that any gods exist. What you call an "apatheist" doesn't believe in gods and is therefore an atheist.

There are two kinds of people in the world: theists and atheists. Everybody who doesn't believe that gods exist, for whatever reason, is an atheist.

Edited by Blizno
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blizno said:

"Of course Atheist say there is no god..."

Wrong. A subset of atheists say there are no gods. Atheists say they don't believe that any gods exist. What you call an "apatheist" doesn't believe in gods and is therefore an atheist.

There are two kinds of people in the world: theists and atheists. Everybody who doesn't believe that gods exist, for whatever reason, is an atheist.

You mean an atheist believes there is no God and an agnostic believes maybe God exist or maybe not. That means an agnostic does not believe that God exist because if you don't know if God exist then you cannot believe that God exist. That means an agnostic is an atheist.

Edited by Elsupremo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Elsupremo said:

You mean an atheist believes there is no God and an agnostic believes maybe God exist or maybe not. That means an agnostic does not believe that God exist because if you don't know if God exist then you cannot believe that God exist.

That is the exact opposite of what I said.

Atheists say they don't believe that gods exist. A subset of atheists also say that gods don't exist.

Those who aren't willing to accept that gods exist, for whatever reason, are atheists. The word "atheist" literally means "not theist".

The word "agnostic" needs to go away. Everybody who doesn't know whether gods exist also doesn't believe that gods exist and is therefore atheist. Everybody who knows that gods exist also believes that gods exist and is therefore theist.

I'll say it again since it seems difficult to understand. There are two kinds of people: theists and atheists. Period. Everybody who is not theist is atheist.

Trying to divide those who aren't theists into smaller groups is classic divide and conquer strategy used for centuries by theists.

• Like 3