Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Psychic Ability?

FireSpinner

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

It's all confirmation bias. 

Quite a bit of that around here...

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong I'd love to come across a legit psychic. It's just annoying coming across buzz words like chakra or XYZ-Kinesis. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, FireSpinner said:

There was a study where it showed that water is alive. Speaking nice things like "Love" to a water made it form beautiful symetric crystals every time.While saying "I will murder you and your family and shoot up a school" made the water form ugly uneven crystals.

No not a study, an alleged demonstration backed up with absolutely nothing but photo's.... and totally dismissed by the scientific world

Scientific criticism

Commentators have criticized Emoto for insufficient experimental controls and for not sharing enough details of his approach with the scientific community. William A. Tiller, another researcher featured in the documentary What The Bleep Do We Know?, states that Emoto's experiments fall short of proof, since they do not control for other factors in the supercooling of water.[20] In addition, Emoto has been criticized for designing his experiments in ways that leave them prone to manipulation or human error influencing the findings. Biochemist and Director of Microscopy at University College Cork William Reville wrote, "It is very unlikely that there is any reality behind Emoto's claims."[8] Reville noted the lack of scientific publication and pointed out that anyone who could demonstrate such a phenomenon would become immediately famous and probably wealthy.[8]

Writing about Emoto's ideas in the Skeptical Inquirer, physician Harriet A. Hall concluded that it was "hard to see how anyone could mistake it for science".[22] Commenting on Emoto's ideas about clearing water polluted by algae, biologist Tyler Volk stated, "What he is saying has nothing to do with science as I know it."[3] Stephen Kiesling wrote in Spirituality & Health Magazine, "Perhaps Emoto is an evangelist who values the message of his images more than the particulars of science; nevertheless, this spiritual teacher might focus his future practice less on gratitude and more on honesty."[10]

Emoto was personally invited to take the One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge by James Randi in 2003, and would have received US$1,000,000 if he had been able to reproduce the experiment under test conditions agreed to by both parties. He did not participate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masaru_Emoto

• Like 2

12 hours ago, FireSpinner said:

Anyway I believe that to some extenct it's possible to throw a chi ball infused with elemental energy that could do significant damage. 

Honestly, why do you think that it's impossible?

:lol:

There have been many kung fu students training at the source..... NO ONE has ever thrown a Chi ball, let alone ever made one for real, youve fallen for BS fantasy side of martial arts

watch this Chi master get debunked

Phony Karate Master - No Touch KO Debunked

• Like 2

7 hours ago, XenoFish said:

He's referring to the water experiment by Masaru Emoto.

Ah sorry mate, I posted the same thing while on page one...then saw you beat me to it

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FireSpinner said:

My goals{i. I want to be able to make fire with my hand

Yeah well even I can do that...with my hand

• Like 2

11 hours ago, seeder said:

Yeah well even I can do that...with my hand

SORCERY!!!

• Like 3

On 7/5/2016 at 10:05 AM, FireSpinner said:

My body was definetly warmer and so were my hands.

Anyone want me to tell you how to do this? I can even guarantee results if you do it enough.

16 hours ago, seeder said:

Ah sorry mate, I posted the same thing while on page one...then saw you beat me to it

I used telepathy on you, just to make sure it was mentioned. You know me, I got some super secret skills.B)

• Like 1

There have been many kung fu students training at the source..... NO ONE has ever thrown a Chi ball, let alone ever made one for real, youve fallen for BS fantasy side of martial arts

Priceless!!!

Though better example is this one

Edited by bmk1245
  • Like 1

Of course, why did I not think of that? the tongue is in the wrong place!

RTdKAyAT9.png

• Like 1

For that stuff to work it takes suggestibility and believably. It's like an active form of hypnosis. Same way reiki works.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

For that stuff to work it takes suggestibility and believably. It's like an active form of hypnosis. Same way reiki works.

It works in Darwin's way. I hope OP won't go this way, though he is heading to.

• Like 3

Chi balls/power = 0

Skeptics/debunkers 10 out of 10

:D:tu:

as usual.....

• Like 3

There is a power hidden in all this stuff. It's sad that everyone misses it and when/if they ever do discover it, it shatters all their beliefs. It's not flashy at all. But being able to do it is amazing.

Do I feel sorry to see members here busting the myths some post?

Big fat NO! We can all do without these silly bogus claims..... I wonder if the OP will even be back...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seeder said:

Do I feel sorry to see members here busting the myths some post?

Big fat NO! We can all do without these silly bogus claims..... I wonder if the OP will even be back...

Probably just another teenage dreamer. I honestly doubt he'll return. I don't know why so many avoid talking about the how and why some things do and do not work. Precious illusion of control I suppose.:hmm:

• Like 2

When we are young we are apt to believe what adults, via the tv, and so on, tell us because our mental horizon is sorely limited. We are often not aware of all the hoaxes and frauds that are being perpetuated daily.

It is that blind ignorance that these fraudsters count on that keep their pretense alive and well and will do anything to prevent a person from wanting to look behind the proverbial curtain, don't want them to see that the reality they are hiding would destroy their house of cards in a minute once more people become educated and aware.

Because of our ignorance when we are young, we are often made to think that we can do all sorts of stuff like they see on cartoons or cheaply produced shows made supposedly for "education".

Once a person is endowed and armed with even the slightest cursory repertoire of biology, we learn that the human body simply cannot produce, much less channel the kind of energy needed to perform all those fake demonstrations of "fire bending".

The only reliable method of protection from being fleeced is to be armed with education. Fantasy and imagination is fun, they have their place but reality must always be emphasized, encouraged and focused on as the way to real understanding.

Ok..I'm done now. ;)

As a side note, I thought, several years ago, that I could see "auras". I would be outside and gaze at the tops of trees and soon I would see a almost tree shaped glow "emanating" from the tree line. Someone told me that it was not the aura I was seeing but a biological phenomenon called "macular fatigue" which is what happens when one stares at any object for a prolonged period of time especially when the background of said object contrasts it...light against dark or vice versa.

Made a lot of sense and I quickly realized that this was the "trick" behind all these so-called techniques for seeing a aura. Had nothing to do with any mysticism or the like, it was just taking advantage of a biological by-product and re-packaging it as something psychic to the uneducated and naive.

Almost everything that is labeled psychic or whatever the new-age term is can be easily explained with mundane science.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 3

If no touch knockouts or chi balls existed....you can be sure someone would be famous as a crime fighter someplace....or a major criminal....

I was a kid when Bruce Lee was in the cinemas, Id hear my older brother talk about his fighting ability.....kicking the crap outta ten guys at once etc...as I got older I took up certain martial arts, watched all Bruce Lee's movies over and over..... then eventually matured in wisdom and years....abandoned martial arts and took up boxing. I can knock a man out, have done a few times....but thats only with technique, a precise aim and power..... boxing tells no lies....

Martial arts does have its place of course.... but the crap needs to be sifted out of popular belief.....promoted by such fools in the vids above whose 'chi' was rendered useless  :lol:

• Like 1

Let's add some science into this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3196460/Could-charge-phone-BRAIN-Human-body-generates-electricity-fuel-iPhone-70-hours.html

http://health.howstuffworks.com/human-body/systems/nervous-system/human-body-make-electricity1.htm

I think I read once that we do generate a very mild bioelectromagnetic field and we have our own gravitational field due to have mass (again subtle). Yet there is no mechanism for our thoughts to influence the world outside of physical actions. 

(If I'm wrong correct me.)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

(If I'm wrong correct me.)

Perhaps the OP will be back with mystic baffle-gab and 'reasons' why 'some' cant have the power.....but some 'others' can... like himself of course .... we might all be told we need to eat more spinach  :rofl:

• Like 1

I agree. In order to affect another object, one would have to release a tremendous amount of focused "energy" (whatever that would be) and the human body has no system to hold that much of a charge.

I did love those videos about the chi-masters being debunked. Once you have even a little education under your own belt you no longer see their demonstrations as impressive but rather as totally ridiculous.

As for Emoto San...I have a couple of his books only because I like the images but even when I knew of him I was suspicious especially when no one could replicate his works. When scientists asked him about his experiment, apparently Emoto San became quite defensive.

Here's how you induce that sensation he was talking about (the heat). Take an unlit candle (small one like a tea lite works). Place your index finger of you dominate hand over it. Focus on this for a few minutes to get the mental image into your head. Next close your eyes and imagine the candle as being lit and your finger is in the flames. Think of the heat and all the sensation involved with your finger in a flame. If you do this enough you might pull your hand back because you induced a phantom sensation. 

You can also do this by imagining a spider walking across your arm. Just keep your eyes closed and imagine it. Do this enough and you will 'feel it'. I posted a status update that had people to imagine their favorite food to the point were they tasted it.

This is how 'energy work' works. You create the sensation of the energy based on what your foreknowledge dictates.