Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dad records 'ghost' in deserted playground

UM-Bot

Looking closely at the trees to the viewers left (the few brief moments he shows them) the leaves are moving in the breeze... The swing in question is much larger with a lot more surface to catch the breeze... While it does look a bit freaky, to my mind it's just the breeze affecting the larger plastic swing... Interesting, but not supernatural (IMO)...

• Like 9

There is no way that is wind. I have never seen something react like there was major storm wind, with nothing around it, including other swings, reacting the same. Assuming this isn't a joke, Id have to say I just don't know.

10 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

There is no way that is wind. I have never seen something react like there was major storm wind, with nothing around it, including other swings, reacting the same. Assuming this isn't a joke, Id have to say I just don't know.

Toward the end of the video, look to the left side of the frame and you'll see the tops of some small trees moving pretty vigorously.  Also, the clouds look like a storm coming or having just passed.  But hey, Dad's real classy getting bleeped a few times with his carload of kids, huh?

• Like 6

I am going to take a guess here that the Dad and kids decided to go and play on the swings, had fun but the wind got up, so he swung the chair swing and went to the car and then looked back from the car and was surprised it was swinging so randomly. So decided to film it.

What actually happened is that by itself there is probably not enough wind to push it around initially, but with someone already starting the pendulum effect by getting it swinging, the wind was strong enough to keep the pendulum effect going indefinitely until the wind died down.
The wind on the tree shows it is fairly strong, and the other smaller, lighter swings were also swaying from the wind, but clearly they are much lighter, and probably didnt get pushed to give it the initial

• Like 1

Oh I'm not denying there is some wind. Just no where near enough to move that swing as violently as it was. Plus the guy kept saying there is no wind. Looked like that swing never even slowed down at any point. That was not normal. I almost expected to see a small animal sitting in it. Now obviously it isn't enough to call in the ghostbusters, but it was strange

• Like 1

I think this is fake.   I think he pushed it.

He seems pretty into himself.   He keeps focusing on his own face.  

• Like 2

To me, it's the little girls reaction that makes me think they didn't fake it. She looked like she was truly amazed

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think this is fake.   I think he pushed it.

He seems pretty into himself.   He keeps focusing on his own face.  

You think he faked it cause he looked into the camera when he spoke? 

Probably wind but me thinks dad told the kids it was a ghost so he didn't have to go play and supervise everyone.

• Like 3

It's clearly not faked. It's also not supernatural. Air flow impacts objects of different shapes, sizes and textures differently, which explains why one swing was moving more erratically than the others. What that father needs is a lesson in aerodynamics. He also needs one on good parenting.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

You think he faked it cause he looked into the camera when he spoke? 

It adds to my belief.

If I thought I was filming something extraordinary, I would not keep turning the camera to focus on my face like this guy did.

• Like 5

I think someone could have given the swing a push initially to get it started. It's more likely they arrived at the playground just after someone had pushed the swing and left. The wind would have kept it going after that.

It could be a hoax to scare his kids. The video focuses on himself and the moving swing, for all we know there could be someone hiding out of view, the same person who pushed the swing before they got there.

• Like 1

The swing is acting like an air foil. Look at  around the 52 second mark, and you can see the shrubs-bushes moving around pretty hard. This guy is full of his favorite word.   Also, is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling at least one of his kids has cursed out a teacher?

• Like 1

First of all, there is wind, in the brief shot of the trees. Second, that particular swing has a high back which is acting like a sail. Third, Who Ya Gonna Call?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Taun said:

Looking closely at the trees to the viewers left (the few brief moments he shows them) the leaves are moving in the breeze... The swing in question is much larger with a lot more surface to catch the breeze... While it does look a bit freaky, to my mind it's just the breeze affecting the larger plastic swing... Interesting, but not supernatural (IMO)...

That's what I thought too at first but there just isn't enough wind to affect it like that though (IMO)

Edit to add:  After further review I still don't think it's the wind.  However it is a hoax.  Notice that dad is in the passenger seat.  I believe that whoever is driving is running up to the swing, giving it a shove and then running out of camera range which is why the guy never stays on the swing too long.  There is more than one cut in the video and too many times he is pointing the camera back at himself.  There are some waves and the very top of one of the trees moves a bit but the long grass between the water and and the park isn't moving at all.  Whoever was driving the vehicle was pushing the swing.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

The TV show Fact or faked investigated this swing. Checked for strings etc, nada. The put a large tent over it and it stopped swinging. Turned a fan on low in the tent and the one swing started swinging. Had to do with the shape of the middle seat, and slight breeze would make to go. Same thing with this new story

• Like 1

5 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

It does not take much to catch the wind at the right angle in an open space and the swing is the right shape, like a big plastic sail. Living on a boat i could tell you about the objects which catch even the smallest of blows to create a movement. This playground is near the water and in the open, the fact there are waves and the clouds look pretty grey and the leaves on the trees are moving = all indicate there is some wind.

• Like 1

hey someone look at the chains and tell me if it looks like someone is using them to keep the swing going. and as for the wind in order for it to go that hard you would have to of heard the wind through the guys window and the other swings would be doing the same. just look at the chains.

57 minutes ago, soakka said:

hey someone look at the chains and tell me if it looks like someone is using them to keep the swing going. and as for the wind in order for it to go that hard you would have to of heard the wind through the guys window and the other swings would be doing the same. just look at the chains.

Yea its definitely not the wind. The wind was sporadic. You can see the tree behind the car when the camera was faced towards the guy, and that tree isn't moving at all. Even when you see the other trees moving, you can tell its not consistent. Yet the swing is moving consistently. Doesn't slow down at all.