Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Escaping from sensory processing disorder?

Appleinvestigator

Hello, 

Even before being diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder about a year ago, I have had daily visions of one day being able to somehow leave my body whenever I feel overwhelmed by sensory input. That would be my #1 desire, because there is no position that is completely comfortable, and I long for relief.

I am curious to know how this might be done... It seem like this would be considered a type of astral projection, where I leave my body and my soul floats around the room or above me, so that I can finally concentrate on schoolwork, research, and hobbies like most people do. Please help explore this possibility!

Much appreciated, and thank you for taking the time to lend a hand! biggrin.gif

Hi Appleinvestigator, I can understand why you would want to leave your body for some relief, but there is no scientific proof of astral projection and all the evidence thus far points to it being nothing more than a mind trip. But let's say, for the sake of argument that astral projection was indeed possible, your consciousness is not solid matter and would not be able to do the things you could do in the physical world. At most, all it could probably do is move around and observe.

But if astral projection was indeed possible, don't you think we'd all be doing it? Why spend billions on space exploration for example, when we could instead send a few astral travelers out there with a camera and notebook? It would be great to be able to do it, but as of now, the trip only exists in our mind.

Sorry, I wish there was a way out like that for you. I suspect you've gone through occupational therapy and everything else to help yourself, but perhaps others here will have some suggestions, like meditation or something like that, that might help. They might even be able to give you suggestions on how to induce the sensation of astral travel so that you get to experience it.

• Like 1