Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery still surrounds 1908 Tunguska event

UM-Bot

Huh. Well, citizens have officially observed a somewhat similar event as per...

The Chelyabinsk meteor was a superbolide caused by a near-Earth asteroid that entered Earth's atmosphere over Russia on 15 February 2013 at about 09:20 YEKT (03:20 UTC), with a speed of 19.16 ± 0.15 kilometres per second (60,000[5]–69,000 km/h or 40,000[5]–42,900 mph).[6][7] It quickly became a brilliant superbolide meteor over the southern Ural region. The light from the meteor was brighter than the Sun, visible up to 100 km away. It was observed over a wide area of the region and in neighbouring republics. Some eyewitnesses also felt intense heat from the fireball.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelyabinsk_meteor

• Like 1

It was probably the biggest inter-dimensional cross rip before Gozer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeastieRunner said:

It was probably the biggest inter-dimensional cross rip before Gozer.

We're going to need a sample of your brain tissue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Calibeliever said:

We're going to need a sample of your brain tissue.

Business or personal?

• Like 2

I always thought it was a comet that exploded not an asteroid,
It was reported at the time, there was unusually bright and hazy night skys which would suggest dust and ice particles hanging in the atmosphere, of which an an asteroid would be uncapable of producing

7 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

Any thoughts on this theory? :huh:

Can you sum it up instead of asking people to sit through a video?

• Like 1

Basiclly the theory is Nikola Tesla accidentally set off the Tunguska explosion while testing a powerful energy broadcasting device. His experiments of wireless transmission sent 'death rays' accidentally into the Siberia and caused the Tunguska event.

• Like 1

2 theories I like, is that it was anti-matter, colliding above Tunguska, or Trumps hairpiece coming undone...

I read something a couple of years ago where someone did the math on the Tesla theory and more-or-less proved it impossible given the amount of energy that was estimated to have been released. I don't have time to look for it today but if I can later I'll try to post it here.

• Like 2

I was under the impression the Tunguska event was simply a meteorite that exploded before hitting the ground and the shock waves resulting form it (as well as possible radiation) caused the damage. Doesn't seem all that mysterious.

• Like 1