Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have UFOs been monitoring nuclear sites ?

Well, this isn't the first time this has been suggested.

I found this in - of all places - the Daily Mail, dating back to 2010.

I must say I find this very hard to believe. I was hoping to read the original report on the "Las Vegas Now" website. However, this website displays rogue behavior; it auto-plays video's without the visitors permission, and blocks you from using the "back" button to leave the site. I close such sites immediately, and do NOT go back to them.

• Like 1

As Ive said before, every SUN like ours, in the countless thousands/millions of other solar systems....is ONE HUGE nuclear reactor

The sun is the best nuclear fusion reactor around

http://www.businessinsider.com/we-will-never-have-sun-like-nuclear-fusion-2014-10?IR=T

a nuke weapon compared to the Sun is nothing...  we could as a world build and fire many nukes, still wouldnt be anything like the nuke reactions on the sun...

Furthermore, every country with a space program MONITORS space, has satellites etc...not to mention the thousands of pro and amateur astronomers all round the world....the chances of a UFO slipping into earths orbit/skies....and NOT being seen by all the expensive military defence/satellites/astronomers....is very very slim indeed...

Its a throw back to the hippy dreams of aliens coming here and saving us from nuke war.... yeh right like any alien would care...or even know we had them to start with...

To believe ufo's visit nuke plants is quite a daft thing in itself....not least because it assumes aliens exist....for which....there is zero evidence...

You never hear of aliens/ufo's visiting Museums do you? Im sure that'd be on any visitors list....from any planet, :lol: along with centres for science and medicine...OH NO...them aliens who use exotic propulsion to cover enormous distances.. seem fascinated instead with our BASIC nuclear weapons...which us dumb monkey men built years and years ago

yawn...

• Like 6

The article references Capt Salas  :lol:

so does this site.....

Encyclopedia of American Loons

Robert Salas is a relatively well-known UFO author and alleged whistle-blower, and apparently something of a legend in the UFO community. Together with with Robert Hastings and James Klotz, Salas was behind The Echo Flight UFO Incident (March 16, 1967) and The Oscar Flight UFO Incident (March 24, 1967), both based on military incidents that allegedly occurred at Malmstrom Air Force Base in March 1967 but were later proven to be hoaxes. It does not seem, however, and despite the obvious fabrication of data, that Salas thinks of the events as hoaxes. An overview of the story and the claims involved can be found here.

http://americanloons.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/1105-robert-salas-et-al.html

:tu:

• Like 1

Oh Jeez, not another refresher course in old school ufology. Does nothing more contemporary--like from this century--happen, anymore? Or have we bankrupted this topic for novelty?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

For decades, military personnel at US atomic weapon sites have reported sightings of strange objects.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/296579/have-ufos-been-monitoring-nuclear-sites

I have been aware that UFOs have been seen over the Minuteman missile sites and interfering with our missiles. I was stationed at Hill AFB, UT., and my base was called to investigate because we were the depot for the Minuteman missile and the eyewitness accounts of the UFOs over the missile sites and investigation conclusions were chilling. One of the officers who wrote a letter on the UFO  incident at Malmstrom AFB, was Lt. Col. Lewis Chase. Lt. Col. Chase was also the pilot of a RB-47 that was chased over multiple states by a UFO.

In another incident, the former Soviet Union lost control of its nuclear missiles, which eventually went into launch status after a UFO appeared over its missile base.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seeder said:

The article references Capt Salas  :lol:

so does this site.....

:tu:

Just to let you know that your link is highly flawed, and I know that as a fact.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seeder said:

As Ive said before, every SUN like ours, in the countless thousands/millions of other solar systems....is ONE HUGE nuclear reactor

a nuke weapon compared to the Sun is nothing...  we could as a world build and fire many nukes, still wouldnt be anything like the nuke reactions on the sun...

Furthermore, every country with a space program MONITORS space, has satellites etc...not to mention the thousands of pro and amateur astronomers all round the world....the chances of a UFO slipping into earths orbit/skies....and NOT being seen by all the expensive military defence/satellites/astronomers....is very very slim indeed...

Its a throw back to the hippy dreams of aliens coming here and saving us from nuke war.... yeh right like any alien would care...or even know we had them to start with...

To believe ufo's visit nuke plants is quite a daft thing in itself....not least because it assumes aliens exist....for which....there is zero evidence...

You never hear of aliens/ufo's visiting Museums do you? Im sure that'd be on any visitors list....from any planet, :lol: along with centres for science and medicine...OH NO...them aliens who use exotic propulsion to cover enormous distances.. seem fascinated instead with our BASIC nuclear weapons...which us dumb monkey men built years and years ago

yawn...

UFOs over nuclear missile bases are nothing new and have been known for decades. Let's take a look at Minot AFB.

Minot AFB UFO Incident

http://minotb52ufo.com/introduction.php

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skyeagle409 said:

Let's take a look here.

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, skyeagle409 said:

UFOs over nuclear missile bases are nothing new and have been known for decades. Let's take a look at Minot AFB.

Minot AFB UFO Incident

http://minotb52ufo.com/introduction.php

always and ONLY is the USA....funny that, many countries have nuke weapons, but only the ones in the US get UFO attention....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, seeder said:

always and ONLY is the USA....funny that, many countries have nuke weapons, but only the ones in the US get UFO attention....

The Soviet Union and the UK have experienced UFOs over nuclear bases.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, skyeagle409 said:

The Soviet Union and the UK have experienced UFOs over nuclear bases.

Links pls re the Soviets, and re the UK story....erm..... happened over a US base right?

1 minute ago, seeder said:

Links pls re the Soviets, and re the UK story....erm..... happened over a US base right?

Let's start here with the Russians.

Recent Russian Newspaper Article Discusses UFO
Incidents at  Soviet and American
Nuclear Weapons Sites

http://www.openminds.tv/soviet-nukes-and-ufos/2002

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, seeder said:

And now, the UK. I am interested in the RAF Bentwaters UFO incident because my assistant on an Air Force contract at Travis AFB was based at RAF Bentwaters during the incident.

10a8d629a5dbdb390ccc5dcf8901cb26.jpg

And, it wasn't the only time UFOs visited the area.

1956 Lakenheath UFO 

http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc632.htm

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 1

Oh God, not again this old chestnut.....well, I guess it has to be dusted off and watered now and again.....

Cheers,
Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 4

unfortunately I have guests here so cant reply in depth till later...

but.... I will.... :lol:

ufo's over nukes silo's indeed...:rofl:

1 hour ago, skyeagle409 said:

And now, the UK. I am interested in the RAF Bentwaters UFO incident because my assistant on an Air Force contract at Travis AFB was based at RAF Bentwaters during the incident.

1956 Lakenheath UFO 

been debunked many times here....searching the forums will help you see how silly it all is....

• Like 1

107502074_amazoncom-flying-saucers-serioIf you want to indulge in ufology nostalgia, you can't beat this book.

1 hour ago, skyeagle409 said:

1956 Lakenheath UFO 

A source of mine who is now retired from - a secret organisation- knows that was a real UFO event. 

Do you recall the sighting of beams of light hitting the ground?  I can reveal what that was all about and also explain the 3 UFOs over the missile storage area.  As for the "ETs" concern over our misuse of nuclear power - its not because they wish to help us but rather so we dont ruin there reasons for visiting earth!

Edited by Mark One
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mark One said:

A source of mine who is now retired from - a secret organisation- knows that was a real UFO event. 

Do you recall the sighting of beams of light hitting the ground?  I can reveal what that was all about and also explain the 3 UFOs over the missile storage area.  As for the "ETs" concern over our misuse of nuclear power - its not because they wish to help us but rather so we dont ruin there reasons for visiting earth!

Anonymous source, unknown organisation, suuuure....but of course it was a real UFO event - it was unknown, it was flying....

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, badeskov said:

Anonymous source, unknown organisation, suuuure....but of course it was a real UFO event - it was unknown, it was flying....

Cheers,
Badeskov

Im not offering bull**** pal but fair enough, we can  leave it at that then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seeder said:

been debunked many times here....searching the forums will help you see how silly it all is....

That is false because civilian residents in the local area confirmed the events as well, which was revealed during their televised interviews..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark One said:

I wasn't stationed at RAF Bentwaters, but my assistant was and he confirmed the UFO event at RAF Bentwaters and the MoD sought to cover-up the incident. On another note, before I was assigned to Hill AFB, I was stationed in Vietnam where a UFO passed over my base. I later found that there were other UFO sightings in Vietnam roughly during the same time frame. That was in 1968. 

• Like 1

Have UFOs been monitoring nuclear sites ?

Um, no.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

107502074_amazoncom-flying-saucers-serioIf you want to indulge in ufology nostalgia, you can't beat this book.

Thanks! They are serious business and many of us who've served in the military knew the objects were not ours and in some cases, we have lost people trying to intercept the objects. In addition to Minot AFB and Malmstrom AFB, other nuclear bases were affected by UFOs as well.

FE_Warren_1965_1.thumbnail.jpg

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 1