Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Amazon tree discoveries will take 300 years

UM-Bot

All the more reason to preserve it.

• Like 2

It won't take that long. I say it takes about 50 years. You have to figure in human breeding into the equation. At the rate that human primates are breeding combined with the awesome amounts of resources needed to sustain that population, the forests will be destroyed.

36 minutes ago, Nzo said:

It won't take that long. I say it takes about 50 years. You have to figure in human breeding into the equation. At the rate that human primates are breeding combined with the awesome amounts of resources needed to sustain that population, the forests will be destroyed.

Considering there are more trees now than before, I'll concur with the scientists.  Especially since there are all types of snakes and other critters to content with. You can't plow through and area you want to preserve and examine.

I wonder if there are other estimates about how long it will take.  In the end any estimates are just guesses, educated or not.

And now I will say something that no one can disagree with:  It may, or may not, take 300 years to discover all the species of trees in the Amazon rain forest.

• 3 weeks later...