Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Clinton Email Scandal Facts

Baz Dane

9 hours ago, F3SS said:

That's more predictable than telling. The foundations entire being was based on the Clinton's political power and Hillary's climb to the top. They're finished now. Bill's an ex-president of nearly two decades now and Hillary's aspirations have ceased. While I'm sure they will always maintain connections there really isn't anything players on their level or up need or can get from them. 

Ya know I've always thought that altruism being the driving force behind the foundation was a ruse. I could see some hefty donations being possible in that case but when we are talking millions to tens of millions of dollars in single donations it's absurd to think that kind of money would be donated as charity out of the kindness of hearts. It was always about influence and favors.

Agreed and I think we are saying the same thing but I am wording it poorly.  What I meant is that the immediate drying up of contributions is telling in that as soon as she lost the ability to influence government, people stopped contributing whereas if this was a real charity they wouldn't care if she could distribute favors or not, they'd be helping the cause itself. 

7 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Would President Trump pardon his old pals the Clintons?...

I,I,I don't want to hurt them...They are good people.

Just a thought to ponder ;)

If he did this I'd be severely disappointed.  He should stay out of the Clinton scandal as much as possible and let the FBI and DoJ work the case as they would any other.  Pardoning what may be the biggest public corruption in US history would immediately scandalize his entire first term and you can be sure the media would rake him over the coals.  Now Obama could pardon her in advance and mar his legacy but the media would support him and rub the scratches out but is he willing to do so with no benefit to himself?

• Like 2

I think that, for the moment, while he's still not in office and there are whiny cry-babies all over, he's wise to take a soft stance. I bet once he's in office and has his own people in place he'll make sure that she's investigated for all her illegal activities. Especially the Clinton Foundation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skliss said:

I think that, for the moment, while he's still not in office and there are whiny cry-babies all over, he's wise to take a soft stance. I bet once he's in office and has his own people in place he'll make sure that she's investigated for all her illegal activities. Especially the Clinton Foundation.

I wouldn't really count on it.  He may just pardon her proactively like Ford did to Nixon.  That turned out to be the correct move because going on a prolonged witch hunt and keeping the nation divided would have hampered the day to day business of our nation. 

After blasting Clinton, Pence in email battle of his own...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiYzOCq3K3QAhXF7SYKHQpmCCUQqQIIHjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2016%2F11%2F14%2Fpolitics%2Fmike-pence-email-lawsuit%2Findex.html&usg=AFQjCNF_Yigvc8H6vUNgc02nW13GAzgIMQ

Vice President-elect Mike Pence is embroiled in a legal challenge stemming from his decision to withhold information from a public records request in a case local Democrats say raises the specter of the Indiana governor shielding all of his emails from public view.

It's a bit ironic as Pence, along with running mate President-elect Donald Trump blasted their way into the White House in part by hammering away at Democrat Hillary Clinton's own email scandal.
Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I wouldn't really count on it.  He may just pardon her proactively like Ford did to Nixon.  That turned out to be the correct move because going on a prolonged witch hunt and keeping the nation divided would have hampered the day to day business of our nation. 

I think Ford pardoned Nixon only because of past friendship and the way this prosecution would make the country look in the middle of the cold war.  It most likely cost him the next election as well.  The government wouldn't have been hampered by that criminal prosecution, however, any more than it would be by any other prosecution and neither would a prosecution of the Clinton Foundation.   No matter what, Trump could and should stay completely out of it and leave the decision to the FBI and DoJ. 

Now Obama may do something similar to what Ford did, thereby protecting both Clintons, but if there is fire behind the smoke then you can bet the FBI will leak like a sieve and let the world know just how crooked the Clinton Foundation was and that Obama covered for it.   Does Obama want the world to think him complicit in the shady pay for play deals the Clinton's orchestrated for their own profit? 

As usual with the Clintons we have more questions than answers but I think that, either way, we will know a LOT more in the next year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I think Ford pardoned Nixon only because of past friendship and the way this prosecution would make the country look in the middle of the cold war.  It most likely cost him the next election as well.  The government wouldn't have been hampered by that criminal prosecution, however, any more than it would be by any other prosecution and neither would a prosecution of the Clinton Foundation.   No matter what, Trump could and should stay completely out of it and leave the decision to the FBI and DoJ. 

Now Obama may do something similar to what Ford did, thereby protecting both Clintons, but if there is fire behind the smoke then you can bet the FBI will leak like a sieve and let the world know just how crooked the Clinton Foundation was and that Obama covered for it.   Does Obama want the world to think him complicit in the shady pay for play deals the Clinton's orchestrated for their own profit? 

As usual with the Clintons we have more questions than answers but I think that, either way, we will know a LOT more in the next year.

The funny thing is that even liberal pundits of the day in retrospect agree that was the correct move.  Judging by the mood of the nation I'm inclined to believe that may be the best thing for Trump's presidency and for the country at this time, and as many here know I'm not what you would call a fan of Hillary Clinton.  I think what cost Ford a the election was that nobody wanted him as president in the first place.

Edited by OverSword

Have Loretta Lynch replaced immediately. She is compromised. Also consider replacing James Comey as his real estate mogul brother has deep Clinton ties.

Replace just those two and let justice run it's natural course - Hillary would be behind bars in no time.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The funny thing is that even liberal pundits of the day in retrospect agree that was the correct move.  Judging by the mood of the nation I'm inclined to believe that may be the best thing for Trump's presidency and for the country at this time, and as many here know I'm not what you would call a fan of Hillary Clinton.  I think what cost Ford a the election was that nobody wanted him as president in the first place.

Well liberal pundits would agree to any move that ensures the republican making said move loses his/her next election, no?  That's why I always find it humorous when teh virulently biased left gives the Republicans advice on how they can save themselves, it's like the wolf telling the sheep where to hide.. 

36 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Have Loretta Lynch replaced immediately. She is compromised. Also consider replacing James Comey as his real estate mogul brother has deep Clinton ties.

Replace just those two and let justice run it's natural course - Hillary would be behind bars in no time.

I will absolutely,. positively guarantee you that Loretta Lynch will be packed and gone before Trump is sworn in, I think he'd personally give the corrupt liar the bums rush out the door and into Pennsylvania Ave. if she isn't.  I am not so sure about Comey because who knows what is really going on there.  I am guessing Trump will sit down with him and ask the hard questions about what is really going on and why did he behave as he did.   I think we can all admit that the corrupt Loretta Lynch put Comey in a nearly impossible situation when she abdicated her authority (chickened out) for political reasons.  One thing we can all agree on is the Dept. of Justice under B. Obama was the most corrupt in modern history by a large measure and justice was most certainly NOT served.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Well liberal pundits would agree to any move that ensures the republican making said move loses his/her next election, no?  That's why I always find it humorous when teh virulently biased left gives the Republicans advice on how they can save themselves, it's like the wolf telling the sheep where to hide.. 

I will absolutely,. positively guarantee you that Loretta Lynch will be packed and gone before Trump is sworn in, I think he'd personally give the corrupt liar the bums rush out the door and into Pennsylvania Ave. if she isn't.  I am not so sure about Comey because who knows what is really going on there.  I am guessing Trump will sit down with him and ask the hard questions about what is really going on and why did he behave as he did.   I think we can all admit that the corrupt Loretta Lynch put Comey in a nearly impossible situation when she abdicated her authority (chickened out) for political reasons.  One thing we can all agree on is the Dept. of Justice under B. Obama was the most corrupt in modern history by a large measure and justice was most certainly NOT served.

"LIKE if you would vote in Obama for another term!!"

I'm so sick of Obama being put on a pedestal like he was the second coming of Christ. He could talk smooth and rode a bicycle WOW HES SO DOWN TO EARTH!

He was so great a man with no political experience took his job within two years - under budget and ahead of schedule.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, here's some good news :clap:

House Oversight Committee Chairman, Jason Chaffetz, says he is still going to investigate Hillary's email scandal.

As well he should. She needs to be indicted for her actions(see post#  1767). The entire cover-up and the sweeping-under-the-rug of it all needs to be investigated as well IMO.

Too bad the NSA wasn't eavesdropping on Loretta Lynch and Bill Clinton while they were chatting about Bill's non-existant golf game, and the grandchildren while on the tarmac in Phoenix.

We'll never get the truth of that conversation as there were no other witnesses. Should subpoena them to take a polygraph on whether or not they dicussed the FBI's investigation of Hillary's email scandal. :tu:

At any rate, it was good news to see that Hillary's criminal actions in regards to her email scandal have not yet been swept away and forgotten about, and that Chaffez says it one of his top priorities...

- "The incoming administration will certainly not be the only focus of the Oversight Committe. Chaffez says there's plenty of work left over from the Obama administration and adds the investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email sever -- a focus of his committee's attention last year -- remains a top priority."

- "It was potentially one of the largest breaches of security in the history of the State Department. It cannot and should never be repeated again,” Chaffetz said‎. “This was never a political targeting in the beginning, just because there is a political election doesn’t mean it goes away."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/09/chaffetz-wont-be-cheerleader-for-trump.html

Some other sources...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/congressional-panel-continue-probe-clinton-emails/story?id=44663669

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/09/politics/jason-chaffetz-hillary-clinton-email-investigation/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/congressional-republicans-will-continue-to-pursue-hillary-clinton-email-investigation/

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/house-republican-still-has-his-eyes-hillary-clinton-emails

You'll notice which "News" agencies I posted... Yes, that was purposeful :tu:

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Lemieux said:

Well, here's some good news :clap:

House Oversight Committee Chairman, Jason Chaffetz, says he is still going to investigate Hillary's email scandal.

As well he should. She needs to be indicted for her actions(see post#  1767). The entire cover-up and the sweeping-under-the-rug of it all needs to be investigated as well IMO.

Too bad the NSA wasn't eavesdropping on Loretta Lynch and Bill Clinton while they were chatting about Bill's non-existant golf game, and the grandchildren while on the tarmac in Phoenix.

We'll never get the truth of that conversation as there were no other witnesses. Should subpoena them to take a polygraph on whether or not they dicussed the FBI's investigation of Hillary's email scandal. :tu:

At any rate, it was good news to see that Hillary's criminal actions in regards to her email scandal have not yet been swept away and forgotten about, and that Chaffez says it one of his top priorities...

- "The incoming administration will certainly not be the only focus of the Oversight Committe. Chaffez says there's plenty of work left over from the Obama administration and adds the investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email sever -- a focus of his committee's attention last year -- remains a top priority."

- "It was potentially one of the largest breaches of security in the history of the State Department. It cannot and should never be repeated again,” Chaffetz said‎. “This was never a political targeting in the beginning, just because there is a political election doesn’t mean it goes away."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/09/chaffetz-wont-be-cheerleader-for-trump.html

Some other sources...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/congressional-panel-continue-probe-clinton-emails/story?id=44663669

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/09/politics/jason-chaffetz-hillary-clinton-email-investigation/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/congressional-republicans-will-continue-to-pursue-hillary-clinton-email-investigation/

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/house-republican-still-has-his-eyes-hillary-clinton-emails

You'll notice which "News" agencies I posted... Yes, that was purposeful :tu:

As much as she needs to be punished for what was a very intentional breach of classified information, I really would rather that law enforcement concentrate on the obvious public corruption with The Clinton Foundation, which was the reason for her secret server in the first place.  Obviously this will be the job of a special prosecutor now, as Sessions has rightly recused himself, but I hope the prosecution goes forward as this kind of illegal activity cannot be allowed to continue in this country. 

Leadership of the IRS needs to be criminally investigated as well, including Lois Lerner.  Democrats need to learn you can't abuse the people of this country via the power of the federal government as we saw in Obama's administration.  The last 8 years was a lawless mess and people need to go to jail and serve hard time as a lesson to future democrat thugs.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

As much as she needs to be punished for what was a very intentional breach of classified information, I really would rather that law enforcement concentrate on the obvious public corruption with The Clinton Foundation, which was the reason for her secret server in the first place.  Obviously this will be the job of a special prosecutor now, as Sessions has rightly recused himself, but I hope the prosecution goes forward as this kind of illegal activity cannot be allowed to continue in this country. 

Leadership of the IRS needs to be criminally investigated as well, including Lois Lerner.  Democrats need to learn you can't abuse the people of this country via the power of the federal government as we saw in Obama's administration.  The last 8 years was a lawless mess and people need to go to jail and serve hard time as a lesson to future democrat thugs.

IMO, if investigated properly, and just SOME of the allegations of pay-for-play are true, both should lead to each other. Which I believe is the case... now the question is... WILL that be the case. Or will it all still just be swept under the carpet?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lemieux said:

I think the best reason to investigate and prosecute is to Prevent future politicians from doing the same thing. What's to stop Trump from setting up his own server? Or Sessions, or every single Cabinet member? At this time... Nothing. Unless they then get hacked, (Presumably by the "Russians") then how would anyone ever know? (Other then the zero returns on FOIA checks)

On 11/14/2016 at 1:38 PM, Claire. said:

The Supreme Court rewrote the statue some time ago to require intent to sustain a conviction, so yes intent is indeed mentioned (more than once), and yes it is absolutely necessary. Intent, not gross negligence, is the standard, so on that Hillary did not break the law.  I realize that many believe gross negligence should have been enough, but they can't go around rewriting the statute simply because they don't like someone. You're correct though in stating that as a civilian she could have still lost her clearance or her job, but that would have been at the discretion of  her boss, not Comey or the Department of Justice.

I wonder if the SCOTUS might think differently in a year or so, once Trump as nominated Conservative Justices for the retiring/dying existing Liberals?

The interpretation of the Supreme Court may change in the next 6 months....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lemieux said:

IMO, if investigated properly, and just SOME of the allegations of pay-for-play are true, both should lead to each other. Which I believe is the case... now the question is... WILL that be the case. Or will it all still just be swept under the carpet?

I agree and every prosecutor asked has said this is an open and shut corruption case of epic proportions.   It will take a very strong individual to prosecute this case and they better do it in the next two years.  Hey Giuliani isn't doing anything and I am sure he'd love the challenge.   I have  zero doubt Hillary claims health problems  to stay out of the witness stand which means more embarrassment here for former supporters who railed against us re. the crook's health.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Lemieux said:

We can get the truth...  Loretta's husband was on the plane and witnessed the conversation.

However, personally, I believe nothing about Hillary was discussed and Bill indeed only made small talk.  See, the former President doesn't have to talk about it, his mere presence on her plane made his point salient: "Don't eff with us."  According to a NY Post article:

“Bill said he could tell that Loretta knew from the get-go that she’d made a huge mistake,” his adviser said. “She was literally trembling, shaking with nervousness. Her husband tried to comfort her; he kept patting her hand and rubbing her back.

“Bill made small talk about golf and grandchildren and [former Attorney General] Janet Reno, and he kept at it for nearly a half-hour. It didn’t make any difference what they talked about; all he wanted to do was send a message to everyone at Justice and the FBI that Hillary had the full weight of the Clinton machine, the Democratic Party, and the White House behind her.

http://nypost.com/2016/10/03/book-details-how-team-obama-schemed-to-let-hillary-skate/

I truly believe that's what really happened...  Bill is smart enough not to say anything.

10 hours ago, Lemieux said:

Whether Chaffez goes after Hillary's email scandal or the Clinton Foundation, they will both lead to the other.  I don't think Trey Gowdy is done either...  I would have loved this guy as the AG.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

We can get the truth...  Loretta's husband was on the plane and witnessed the conversation.

However, personally, I believe nothing about Hillary was discussed and Bill indeed only made small talk.  See, the former President doesn't have to talk about it, his mere presence on her plane made his point salient: "Don't eff with us."  According to a NY Post article:

“Bill said he could tell that Loretta knew from the get-go that she’d made a huge mistake,” his adviser said. “She was literally trembling, shaking with nervousness. Her husband tried to comfort her; he kept patting her hand and rubbing her back.

“Bill made small talk about golf and grandchildren and [former Attorney General] Janet Reno, and he kept at it for nearly a half-hour. It didn’t make any difference what they talked about; all he wanted to do was send a message to everyone at Justice and the FBI that Hillary had the full weight of the Clinton machine, the Democratic Party, and the White House behind her.

http://nypost.com/2016/10/03/book-details-how-team-obama-schemed-to-let-hillary-skate/

I truly believe that's what really happened...  Bill is smart enough not to say anything.

Whether Chaffez goes after Hillary's email scandal or the Clinton Foundation, they will both lead to the other.  I don't think Trey Gowdy is done either...  I would have loved this guy as the AG.

Thanks for that Aftermath, I wasn't aware of it and it may very well be true.  I think that Bill was also worried about the investigation into The Clinton Foundation and the money they were illegally funneling through it.   I believe it was around that time that Lynch denied the FBI access to a Grand Jury re. TCF. 

What will be very interesting to watch is how many rats abandon the sinking ship that is the Clintons.  They are out of power now and, as in the article, they soon will no longer have the full weight of the White House or the democrat party behind them and are now vulnerable.  The FBI is licking their chops to get even for the embarrassment Lynch and Obama laid on them so hopefully a Trump administration does the right thing and appoints a special prosecutor. 

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:43 AM, ChaosRose said:

After blasting Clinton, Pence in email battle of his own...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiYzOCq3K3QAhXF7SYKHQpmCCUQqQIIHjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2016%2F11%2F14%2Fpolitics%2Fmike-pence-email-lawsuit%2Findex.html&usg=AFQjCNF_Yigvc8H6vUNgc02nW13GAzgIMQ

Vice President-elect Mike Pence is embroiled in a legal challenge stemming from his decision to withhold information from a public records request in a case local Democrats say raises the specter of the Indiana governor shielding all of his emails from public view.

It's a bit ironic as Pence, along with running mate President-elect Donald Trump blasted their way into the White House in part by hammering away at Democrat Hillary Clinton's own email scandal.

You aren't seriously comparing Pence's email problem with Clintons are you?  Pence didn't expose Tope Secret information did he?  Pence didn't violate federal law did he?  Pence didn't destroy 30K emails that were subpoenaed by the federal government did he?  Pence didn't run a secret, unsecured server did he?  When ordered to turn the server over Pence didn't wipe the drive of said server did he?  Pence didn't continuously lie for months about the server and emails did he?  Just how are these two cases comparable?????? 

Edited by Merc14