Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
danielost

god doesn't want your belief

1,072 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Sir Wearer of Hats
4 hours ago, danielost said:

mathew

Chapter and verse please, IIRC Matthew was the more "sayings if Jesus" rather than "doings of Jesus".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trichakra
On 1/9/2016 at 5:16 PM, DingoLingo said:

not at all.. as I said in my op.. I don't love god.. I respect the all father.. but I do not love him

You mean you neither love god nor hate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arbenol
On 3 September 2016 at 9:37 AM, danielost said:

there are two types of angels.  type one are those in spirit form which is us, stan and Christ were one of these. 

 

On 3 September 2016 at 9:40 AM, Lord Fedorable said:

And which book of the Bible features this?

"The Book of Stan"

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
6 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

 

"The Book of Stan"

Laurel ? :huh:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
back to earth
On 9/3/2016 at 8:55 AM, Podo said:

My parents deserve nothing from me. My father is fine, but my mother is a rotten wench. I loathe her because she was abusive to me. That you love your father despite abuse is troubling

It does explain a bit about his ideas of 'God the Father'  .  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DingoLingo
6 hours ago, Trichakra said:

You mean you neither love god nor hate..

exactly..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wes4747
5 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

exactly..

 

Since we have no public confirmation of god, I suppose we might need to discuss this god in the realm of ideas. As an idea, god could certainly be loved, hated or considered neutral-but if we base our idea of god on a parent and realize this, I think one would have to dismantle their previous construct of god and leave it alone or start over.

As far as God needing our love, prayers etc.... Ha. But- just like forgiving a trespasser, in biblical terms, forgiveness is not for the wrong doer but the harborer of ill feelings. We get mental perks for loving ideas, people.. Gods.... 

You are the center of your universe, your actions effect no one greater than yourself.

Personal results and logic, keys to defining your own God, that you can love 

Edited by Wes4747
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xeno-Fish

I make myself my own god, as such I am responsible for what I do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
On 7/20/2016 at 7:54 PM, danielost said:

yes he wants you to love your fellow humans.  thus the golden rule   LOVE THE NIEHGBOR AS THE SELF.  and the equal rule LOVE GOD WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT.  both are equally important.

Not really. According to the story of Abraham and Isaac, he wants people to love him above all...even our own children. He wants you to be so devoted to him that you would slit your own child's throat on his command, without question.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wes4747
3 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Not really. According to the story of Abraham and Isaac, he wants people to love him above all...even our own children. He wants you to be so devoted to him that you would slit your own child's throat on his command, without question.

Not really speaking to a level of devotion when parents are doing that for all kinds of reasons these days! Just the other day I saw story in the news where a woman had jammed a crucifix down her daughters throat in an attempt to rid her of demons! No thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xeno-Fish

All it takes is the right push in the wrong direction for people to create horror.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

All it takes is the right push in the wrong direction for people to create horror.

This is why I think that if there is an actual god, our religious texts haven't communicated it, accurately. The thing that has the best chance of being divinely inspired would be the golden rule, and that does come through in most faiths. All the rest just sounds way too human. A huge ego trip, a bunch of tribal rules, and tribes thinking they could be as ruthless as they wanted to because God was on their side. 

It's also interesting that many religious people talk of idolatry, and they idolize a book that men wrote. I mean...we actually know men wrote it. That bit is not disputed. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWoo7

Regarding ... Wes4747 's two bits: "" Just the other day I saw story in the news where a woman had jammed a crucifix down her daughters throat in an attempt to rid her of demons!  "" Yes horrid stories and some are so bad I just hope they are not true, like microwaves, or bulldogs during the winter, hopefully some were just tales on the internet.
Other notes misc., thought to toss this in because of the god topic,here is a simple little tale, once upon a time a mean ugly, nasty, dirty, filthy, ah lady in a beautiful fall season found herself near Banff by herself because the boys had headed back down to get the last load of supplies and a very large visitor came by to investigate the make-shift pee log. No she wasn't eaten alive. She began to tear into a pack for an old pistol, no the praying, yelling, crying or screaming didn't seem to have an effect on the beast.  A son coming back for keys frantically fired off a few rounds and the grizzly took off.  She's not a religious woman anymore and she certainly changed her ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wes4747
46 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

This is why I think that if there is an actual god, our religious texts haven't communicated it, accurately. The thing that has the best chance of being divinely inspired would be the golden rule, and that does come through in most faiths. All the rest just sounds way too human. A huge ego trip, a bunch of tribal rules, and tribes thinking they could be as ruthless as they wanted to because God was on their side. 

It's also interesting that many religious people talk of idolatry, and they idolize a book that men wrote. I mean...we actually know men wrote it. That bit is not disputed. 

That is why I prefer to advocate the search for god to be on an internal basis, free of dogma.. And expectations.. Quite honestly only capable by individuals with a healthy mind. Religion may therefore fill a role in guiding those who are incapable of logical thinking... Even if on a wrong tangent, religion could fulfill certain emotional needs of the mentally challenged... Just musing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wes4747
1 minute ago, Wes4747 said:

That is why I prefer to advocate the search for god to be on an internal basis, free of dogma.. And expectations.. Quite honestly only capable by individuals with a healthy mind. Religion may therefore fill a role in guiding those who are incapable of logical thinking... Even if on a wrong tangent, religion could fulfill certain emotional needs of the mentally challenged... Just musing

Then I ponder that would be the cause of murder and death by exorcism... Hmm... No, religion cannot be the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trichakra
On 21/7/2016 at 7:44 PM, XenoFish said:

Love and respect are two things that are earned, not given under force or fear, but by choice.

Agree with you. You can't buy respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wes4747
1 hour ago, Trichakra said:

Agree with you. You can't buy respect.

Actually, it has been proven that one call fall in love with another on the basis of financial security. And buy respect? People are cheaper than I think you might perceive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RCMerchant

Hey-new to the forum.

Was browsing on the subject of "God" here-I don't argue with folks who believe in God because they just throw the Bible in your face and say-"See? It says it here!" I've actually seen a ufo-on 3 separate occasions-they didn't land next to me and chit chat-but they were U.FO.'s-they were in the sky-I didn't know what they were-won't say they're from outer space or different dimensions or "angel's or demons-I just saw something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Podo
5 hours ago, RCMerchant said:

Hey-new to the forum.

Was browsing on the subject of "God" here-I don't argue with folks who believe in God because they just throw the Bible in your face and say-"See? It says it here!" I've actually seen a ufo-on 3 separate occasions-they didn't land next to me and chit chat-but they were U.FO.'s-they were in the sky-I didn't know what they were-won't say they're from outer space or different dimensions or "angel's or demons-I just saw something.

What does this have to do with a deity?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
6 hours ago, RCMerchant said:

Hey-new to the forum.

Was browsing on the subject of "God" here-I don't argue with folks who believe in God because they just throw the Bible in your face and say-"See? It says it here!" I've actually seen a ufo-on 3 separate occasions-they didn't land next to me and chit chat-but they were U.FO.'s-they were in the sky-I didn't know what they were-won't say they're from outer space or different dimensions or "angel's or demons-I just saw something.

To quote that great philosopher J. Tiberius Kirk "why does God need a spaceship?"

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RCMerchant
1 hour ago, Podo said:

What does this have to do with a deity?

What it means is if I have seen ufo's with my own eyes-and I still am not convinced there are from another planet,then I'm sure not going to beleive something so outlandish as an all powerful deity just because some folks wave a book and spout scripture at me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Podo
1 minute ago, RCMerchant said:

What it means is if I have seen ufo's with my own eyes-and I still am not convinced there are from another planet,then I'm sure not going to beleive something so outlandish as an all powerful deity just because some folks wave a book and spout scripture at me.

Seems legit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWoo7

Oh have to watch my language whole pc jargon to think about I guess .... hmmm, Okay I'll go over this and edit out any of well my nicknames for various things ...... no I'm not saying god had a spaceship jerkyboys, just thought to put these two bits in here regarding

49 minutes ago, Lord Fedorable said:

philosopher J. Tiberius Kirk "why does God need a spaceship?"

Seems like lots of native cultures mention a ship/craft or in the very least, from the stars,
no shortage in the vedas or ? I can't remember the latest
I went over, ? kighra gad buga vad ghuta ? oh this is close, bugavad GITA ! whew, well htat's at least close. No overall view, just some kind thoughts, nice as it can be put.
A whirlwind of this preist that priest this god that god
, just complex and convolution to the ultimate extreme,
as one put it, an absolute see-saw of attempted logic. Certainly is
no shortage of info out there, HA! no shortage of pros and cons on them either !
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/hindu2/2016/03/vedas-the-4-vedas-in-hindi-english-telugu-pdf-download/

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Unicorn
On 7/20/2016 at 10:45 PM, danielost said:

god doesn't want your belief, he wants your love.  all life wants love.  even plants live better with love.  isn't that all you want.  that's all I want.

My grandmother who believed in God in a very personal relationship, and lived the charitable life with others etc. said something to me I will never forget.

God blesses those who love him, but praise is so very important. By praise she meant to thank God for every day blessings in  life no matter how small or great or even life itself.

The unbelievers who give thanks in this way show God love for the creation even if they don't really believe in him or say thanks to the word God.  It will bring them closer to the blessings just as anyone who seeks to know Him. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trichakra
On 21/7/2016 at 7:44 PM, XenoFish said:

Love and respect are two things that are earned, not given under force or fear, but by choice.

And you can't buy Love and respect too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.