Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russian warplanes reportedly bombed US base

aztek

18 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Of course not, theyre just cheerleaders to keep us entertained while the intelligence agencies do whatever the hell they want. Fact is though he was all kinds of passionate about it so its not really fair to frame it as a partisan issue. 

he has no control over the cia only the president does.  so lets blame the right person.  in this case it would be the same as me calling for the invasion.  which I did.

• Like 1

Just now, danielost said:

he has no control over the cia only the president does.  so lets blame the right person.  in this case it would be the same as me calling for the invasion.  which I did.

You really believe the president has control over the CIA? 

Regardless it doesnt change the fact that a ranking republican was rooting for intervention and an invasion going as far as meeting with terrorist leaders in syria thus this is not a partisan issue. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

You really believe the president has control over the CIA? 

Regardless it doesnt change the fact that a ranking republican was rooting for intervention and an invasion going as far as meeting with terrorist leaders in syria thus this is not a partisan issue. 

yes, he does.

1 minute ago, danielost said:

yes, he does.

LOL .....anyways Mccain is head of the senate armed services  committee, his opinion does have the potential to affect national policy as it pertains to defense. 

10 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

LOL .....anyways Mccain is head of the senate armed services  committee, his opinion does have the potential to affect national policy as it pertains to defense. 

I didn't say his opinion wasn't important.  I said he had no control.  even if congress votes to go to war, the president can decide not to commit troops

13 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I'm sure Obama waits for McCain's recommendations with baited breath.  Please!  As was stated earlier, France was the leader on this venture into Libya but that doesn't mean the USA had to join in on it and, in the beginning, Obama wanted no part of it.  I seldom give the man a positive word but he was right on that one, initially.  You're one of the more CT minded on this board, why don't you dig into why Hillary Clinton was so hot about getting in on the overthrow of Qaddafi and let us know what you dig up.  Start with Paul Begala

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, danielost said:

I didn't say his opinion wasn't important.  I said he had no control.  even if congress votes to go to war, the president can decide not to commit troops

So what you're saying is that despite the fact that democrat and republicans alike wanted this mess, its still the democrats fault? 

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

So what you're saying is that despite the fact that democrat and republicans alike wanted this mess, its still the democrats fault? 

no, its the Russians fault.

1 minute ago, danielost said:

no, its the Russians fault.

Im intrigued , how so? 

they attacked us.  trying to get back on track.

6 minutes ago, danielost said:

they attacked us.  trying to get back on track.

Ok i wasnt sure if thats what you meant. 

It seems to me that Russia attacked terrorists and our military folks happened to be in the way. 

the Russians knew it was an American base.  you don't attack something without knowing its importance.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I'm sure Obama waits for McCain's recommendations with baited breath.  Please!  As was stated earlier, France was the leader on this venture into Libya but that doesn't mean the USA had to join in on it and, in the beginning, Obama wanted no part of it.  I seldom give the man a positive word but he was right on that one, initially.  You're one of the more CT minded on this board, why don't you dig into why Hillary Clinton was so hot about getting in on the overthrow of Qaddafi and let us know what you dig up.  Start with Paul Begala

You mean that junket she went on in the Mediterranean, a year before the Arab Spring, preaching and warning of change to all the North African leaders? 

9 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I believe that Gingitsune is correct... from memory, Libya WAS initially a French operation.

In regard the opening post, do I understand it correctly ?

• The US - and possibly the UK - had set up a "secret" base that also housed 'rebels' ?
  • Russia bombed the base.
  • 90 minutes later, it bombed it again.
  • Between the two attacks, the US contacted the Russian command centre in Syria asking that the base NOT be attacked again ?

Well, if the base was "secret", then presumably the Russians didn't know who was in it ? (but there is a suggestion that rebel forces WHERE present in the base, which may have led the Russians to believe - not unreasonably - that it was a Rebel base ? )

90 Minutes is not a long time in this sort of situation. This could easily be put down to confusion in the chain of command, or ambiguity in the US request ? On the face of it, I don't see any reason (yet) to interpret this as a deliberate political snub to the Americans.

It might not have been a snub but how would you imagine our country's should react had our servicemen been killed?  With such equipment and use of deadly force in close proximity it is bound to happen eventually.  I'm not sure about you guys but over here an awful lot of Americans will scream for blood.  With Oby at the wheel I'm sure they'll basically be told to go stuff it but you can see the dangers I'm sure.  Putin will continue to push until he comes up against something that pushes back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

France was the leader on this venture into Libya but that doesn't mean the USA had to join in on it and, in the beginning, Obama wanted no part of it.  I seldom give the man a positive word but he was right on that one, initially.  You're one of the more CT minded on this board, why don't you dig into why Hillary Clinton was so hot about getting in on the overthrow of Qaddafi and let us know what you dig up.  Start with Paul Begala

I'll give him a little assist:  https://www.thenation.com/article/obamas-women-advisers-pushed-war-against-libya/

As usual, Obama has to comply with the "strong women" in his life.  Clinton, Rice, Powers on this occasion but Valerie "the godmother" Jarret almost ALL the time.  

3 hours ago, aztek said:

Ahhhh........ so what.

It looks like Russia purposefully bombed a base used by the US to force Washington's hand in Syria.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/looks-russia-purposefully-bombed-used-192732759.html

This kind of thing is bound to happen when you have two world powers on opposite ends of a conflict and acting in the same foreign country with only limited intelligence sharing. I can only say though, that Russia's presence in Syria seems a lot more legitimate since they are supporting the offical governement as per a request it made while the U.S. is only stirring some sh*it by arming and training Islamist rebels.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

This kind of thing is bound to happen when you have two world powers on opposite ends of a conflict and acting in the same foreign country with only limited intelligence sharing. I can only say though, that Russia's presence in Syria seems a lot more legitimate since they are supporting the offical governement as per a request it made while the U.S. is only stirring some sh*it by arming and training Islamist rebels.

This kind of thing is bound to happen when the leader of the free world acts like there are no consequences for continually showing weakness.  History has only shown, FOREVER, what this leads to yet good old Barry thinks he can make it work.  Typical Liberal mindset.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aztek said:

Ahhhh........ so what.

It looks like Russia purposefully bombed a base used by the US to force Washington's hand in Syria.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/looks-russia-purposefully-bombed-used-192732759.html

Quote from your source... "Russian warplanes bombed a garrison used by US and British forces in Syria twice last month, despite being warned by a US surveillance aircraft flying nearby that the base was not occupied or being used by members of ISIS.

Maybe the American surveillance plane should have just said that its an American base, stay away?? Just look at the picture in the news story from the link you provided to ascertain whether the article and its sources should be taken seriously.  

Regardless of Fox and Yahoo's copy/paste news service the U.S. continues to work with the Russians. Funny that! 

6 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Ah yes, the good ole U.S. of A.: damned if we do intervene and damned if we don't. Amusing that the mighty European Disunion couldn't even take on Libya without our help.

...and thanks to the good ole U.S. of A and European Disunion, Libya is a bigger threat and mess now than it ever was. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Ok i wasnt sure if thats what you meant. 

It seems to me that Russia attacked terrorists and our military folks happened to be in the way. 

...America and Russia should collaborate on anti ISIS missions instead of just trying to "complement" each others good work.

4 minutes ago, Leto_loves_melange said:

...America and Russia should collaborate on anti ISIS missions instead of just trying to "complement" each others good work.

Since we seem to be working toward different goals that is quite difficult to do.  I sense either some dead Russian or US personnel at some point really complicating this picture.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, and then said:

Since we seem to be working toward different goals that is quite difficult to do.  I sense either some dead Russian or US personnel at some point really complicating this picture.  

To a point mate. Some of your goals do over lap like removing the ISIS and settling the region. I think the Americans understand that a strongman type leader is needed for Syria cause democracy won't work. Given time i think that Assad will be the flavour of the month again.

...as for dead American or Russian personal at some point, Im sure it will happen eventually if it hasn't already, though there's enough bad guys about to pin the blame on if such a thing happened.

6 hours ago, Leto_loves_melange said:

...and thanks to the good ole U.S. of A and European Disunion, Libya is a bigger threat and mess now than it ever was. 

Dammit, now don't start sayin' stuff I agree with.  Seriously, the Obama administration's foreign policy has been one unmitigated disaster after another. Also,  now our little Nobel Prince of Peace has slain his thousands as well. Why was it they gave him that prize, again?

• Like 2

Just now, TooLateForTears said:

I wasn't aware that Obama had a foreign policy.

Then you're not being sanctioned, bombed or destabilized. You'll have to get in line.

• Like 1