Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shooting in Munich

OverSword

A suspected terror attack on a Munich shopping mall Friday left at least nine people dead, including a possible gunman, and triggered a massive search for other shooters.

Late Friday, authorities said they were investigating whether one of the victims at the near the Olympia Einkaufszentrum mall was an attacker who had committed suicide.

Earlier police spokesman Peter Beck told reporters that authorities were searching for three shooters, whom he described as "on the run" and "dangerous." He added that the gunmen were armed with rifles and that Islamist terrorism was not suspected as a motive.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/22/terror-attack-is-suspected-at-least-9-killed-in-shooting-spree-at-munich-shopping-center.html

• Like 1

Well, I'd say that there's nothing officially new so far. Probably three shooters of unknown or undisclosed identity yet, one of them probably dead, two probably not caught yet. It was suspected to be a terror attack from the beginning, ever since the psycho started shooting random people in the street, naturally... but there's nothing confirmed yet. 

And it doesn't look like SISIS, though they already jumped to claim it... but they're trying to claim any murderer that crawls around lately. Soon they'll claim domestic disputes or car accidents too. 

• Like 4

Good grief people, who else would it be but Islamic terrorism that are attacking all over  Europe  

7 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Because very little points to that so far. 

• Like 2

...just heard on Skynews that German authorities suspect that the gunman (and up to three accomplices) were homegrown and anti-immigrant. If true, this terrorist situation is U-turning into a frightening direction.

• Like 2

Terrorists against immigration and ISIS terrorist are not the same.

This attack appears to be directed at immigrant Turks, as opposed to ISIS just killing everyone non-sharia.

Well, that's my understanding. Could be wrong.

Edited by pallidin

25 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Good grief people, who else would it be but Islamic terrorism that are attacking all over  Europe  

Could be Americans. Shootings are their national pastime. It's only weird it didn't happen in a school. 

Do not cry islamic wolf at any ****ing shooting. Facts first. Hysteric fits later. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Leto_loves_melange said:

...just heard on Skynews that German authorities suspect that the gunman (and up to three accomplices) were homegrown and anti-immigrant. If true, this terrorist situation is U-turning into a frightening direction.

It is not a U turn or more accurate it would not be. It would be a continuity    of many things that happened before.

It would be the classic "IF" situation. If we did not then they would not. If they did not then we would not. Egg or chicken?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, odas said:

It is not a U turn or more accurate it would not be. It would be a continuity    of many things that happened before.

It would be the classic "IF" situation. If we did not then they would not. If they did not then we would not. Egg or chicken?

...like i said, i heard it on my local morning news program and its not confirmed. 

1 minute ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Could be Americans. Shootings are their national pastime. It's only weird it didn't happen in a school. 

Do not cry islamic wolf at any ****ing shooting. Facts first. Hysteric fits later. 

Nowadays you don't have to cry wolf. Bombings in Irag, Afghanistan, Turkey aren't performed with "Praise Jesus" slogans before boom.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Leto_loves_melange said:

And now German authorities say: http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/07/22/hunt-underway-for-one-or-more-shooters-on-the-run-lead-ripley-live.cnn

I repeat, again, take everything with a grain of salt right now. Everyone knows how unreputable the media is during hysterical moments.

And just because they might be Islamic doesn't mean they can't be anti-immigrant, as well. You see that a lot here in the US where older, more established Latino immigrants oppose open borders.

Edited by Not Your Huckleberry

28 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Followers of the most "peaceful religion" I guess...

In this particular case, you should guess again, and do it only after more official reports were released. Seriously. 

23 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Nowadays you don't have to cry wolf. Bombings in Irag, Afghanistan, Turkey aren't performed with "Praise Jesus" slogans before boom.

You've got to be kidding me... 

But let's keep this short and on topic. 

There's no proof yet and it doesn't seem like an islamist attack. 

It doesn't mean such attack is not possible, any moment, anywhere. But I'm very certain we don't benefit from hysteria, of any kind, ever.

So let's not overreact in chaotic, retarded manner. It's way too (radically) islamic for my taste. I refuse to become like them.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

And now German authorities say: http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/07/22/hunt-underway-for-one-or-more-shooters-on-the-run-lead-ripley-live.cnn

I repeat, again, take everything with a grain of salt right now. Everyone knows how unreputable the media is during hysterical moments.

And just because they might be Islamic doesn't mean they can't be anti-immigrant, as well. You see that a lot here in the US where older, more established Latino immigrants oppose open borders.

I agree with you that its still far too early to discern any facts from this shooting but you said something that is confusing to me. How do you connect Islamic and anti-immigrant together?

9 minutes ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

I think there was maybe a little misunderstanding there. One of the shooters may have set up a profile on social network under Turkish sounding female name and invited people to the restaurant where the shooting started. 

I think that's where from the info of islamist contacts of the shooters came. Maybe. I don't know. We'll see.

One way or the other, damn idiots.  

6 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

In this particular case, you should guess again, and do it only after more official reports were released. Seriously. 

You've got to be kidding me... 

But let's keep this short and on topic. 

There's no proof yet and it doesn't seem like an islamist attack. 

It doesn't mean such attack is not possible, any moment, anywhere. But I'm very certain we don't benefit from hysteria, of any kind, ever.

So let's not overreact in chaotic, retarded manner. It's way too (radically) islamic for my taste. I refuse to become like them.   

I refuse to hate although I have a hunredthousand reasons to.

Hate created Hitler, Stalin, Milosevic, Bin Laden, Nazis, Islamic Radicals, Erdogan, Le Pen and Trump. 

Let's not be like them.

• Like 2

To LLM:

Because you've heard that they may be anti-immigrant groups, which one would wouldn't really expect a Muslim to be a part of, immigrant or not. However, the two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. I hope that makes sense. 

Edited by Not Your Huckleberry

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Have you seen and heard the balcony video? That's Bosnian or Croat yelling at the shooter there. And the shooter clearly shouts 'I'm German' so this is probably something more bizarre than ISIS. 

Cannot watch it now. Not enogh time but I will. Thanks Helen.

• Like 1

Who? Ah, that surgically altered guy who was saving white people from extinction by shooting them. Very clever.

The saddest part is that you can't even make such monumental idiot understand what's wrong with his logic. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Have you seen and heard the balcony video? That's Bosnian or Croat yelling at the shooter there. And the shooter clearly shouts 'I'm German' so this is probably something more bizarre than ISIS. 

He wasn't. He spoke a quite thick Bavarian dialect. 

Edit: The guy yelling at the shooter. The shooter spoke clear German. 

Edited by FLOMBIE

Latest update:

Munich shooting: Gunman acted alone, say police

"The suspect was an 18-year-old Iranian who lived in Munich, police told a news conference, but his motive is unclear."

All the facts aren't in yet, but I'm going to hazard a guess that this isn't a Nazi retaliation or the Anders Breivik fan club... If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck...

Edited by LV-426
  • Like 5

If this was another lone wolf attack affiliated with ISIS.....well it seems to be the latest tactic they're using.

German-Iranian. He held both citizenships. 

So far it does not seem like he is affiliated with ISIS. So far. The investigations will show that. 

• Like 2