Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shooting in Munich

OverSword

2 hours ago, questionmark said:

Spiegel reports that the perpetrator used a hacked Facebook account to lure people he wanted to shoot to McDonalds

"Hacked" is exaggerated. There was a fake profile that he might have created.

• Like 2

Aha, balcony video mystery solved, it was Thomas Salbey

http://www.bild.de/bild-plus/news/inland/anschlag/muenchen-das-video-ging-um-die-welt-bild-fand-den-mann-der-den-amoklaeufer-beschimpfte-46960218,var=a,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

I know none of you guys will admit they took a look at Bild :lol: and I have no access to Bild Plus :lol: so we won’t know details for a while longer.

But there’s the photo of the guy who so majestically verbally destroyed the shooter.

(So my language I heard in the background belongs to the neighbours.)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Aha, balcony video mystery solved, it was Thomas Salbey

http://www.bild.de/bild-plus/news/inland/anschlag/muenchen-das-video-ging-um-die-welt-bild-fand-den-mann-der-den-amoklaeufer-beschimpfte-46960218,var=a,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

I know none of you guys will admit they took a look at Bild :lol: and I have no access to Bild Plus :lol: so we won’t know details for a while longer.

But there’s the photo of the guy who so majestically verbally destroyed the shooter.

(So my language I heard in the background belongs to the neighbours.)

In the video?I hear the shooter saying" I am German" to wich Thomas replys " You are a jerk"

Takes some courage.

4 minutes ago, odas said:

In the video?I hear the shooter saying" I am German" to wich Thomas replys " You are a jerk"

Takes some courage.

Not if a guy is armed with a handgun and about 50 yards away, then it only takes some knowledge about arms.

9 minutes ago, odas said:

Takes some courage.

Yes, in the video. Crank the volume up and you'll hear - probably Bosnians - in the background. Thomas is the absolute star, but the neighbours cracked me up. 

Just to clarify: I do not find the shooting funny. 

I comment lightly on the details in the video because no one on the balconies was physically hurt.

They certainly were hurt emotionally. Another completely not funny thing. But they showed their true, sane, human faces in surreally insane situation.

37 minutes ago, questionmark said:

Not if a guy is armed with a handgun and about 50 yards away, then it only takes some knowledge about arms.

Call me a coward, but I would duck. A lot.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Call me a coward, but I would duck. A lot.    

You are certainly NOT a coward when in a situation that is impossible for you to control or mitigate.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Leto_loves_melange said:

True, but the situation would have been worse if it was a white Christian revenge terrorist act. Could you imagine every time a Islamic terror incident happened it would be followed by one against the Islamic community? The latest i heard was the shooter was a duel German/Iranian citizen that was shouting insults at Turks and others. I think it was mentally inspired homicide. 

I can't imagine it since it's so rare, but I see what you mean. It really would make a horrid, tragic situation even worse. It would be like the bad old days in Ireland. It would make the feud, involving the Catholics and the Protestants, look like a walk in the park!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

A case of integration gone too far in the right direction? Not the right-right, the other right, the wrong right, I mean... political far right direction. 

The right direction is to ban dangerous immigrants and unvetted refugees. That would be the *correct* course of action in a sane society. It's the logical thing to do. It's the moral thing to do.

• Like 4

Trump is openly promising he'll do his best to match them. 

It may turn you on now, but when he does to the country that, what he did to his companies, you'll probably wish you didn't put your wet dreams above the common political sense.

But that's your problem. Just don't say later you didn't know because no one told you.  

Trump's "wet dream" is infinitely better than Clinton's horrid nightmare. I dream of a time when all Americans wake up to the fact that she is a power-hungry crook.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Habitat said:

Trying to rationalize the motives of homicidal maniacs is fraught. No way any such person could be described as psychologically stable, to begin with.

There's no doubt that a high percentage of mass murderers have psychological disorders which are exacerbated by prescription drugs. My guess is that the Munich killer fits that profile.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, likwidlite said:

Looks like things are stepping up a gear. Nice, Munich, German train attack, Australian police station attack, women attacked in the alps for wrong clothes, attempted attack on RAF base and Kazakhstan this past week alone. Then there's Turkey airport. Not to mention the middle east which dont get much msm air time in the west.

The MSM is a dinosaur, and it should face extinction. In their case, they brought their existential crisis upon themselves by using continuing lies and deceit to force and push their beliefs on the American people. I saw through them when I was sixteen. That was in 1990!

• Like 1

There's an actual possibility the US will be the death of the West as we know it, and instigator of Russian aggression on Europe that would follow.  

That ain't gonna happen, sister. Even if NATO is rightly scrapped, the Russians won't make the Americans MAD.

1 hour ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Trump's "wet dream" is infinitely better than Clinton's horrid nightmare. I dream of a time when all Americans wake up to the fact that she is a power-hungry crook.

All politicians are power hungry. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leto_loves_melange said:

All politicians are power hungry. 

I mostly agree with that. There are degrees, though. :)

• Like 1

On 7/22/2016 at 11:43 AM, Sweetpumper said:

White lone wolfer!

Right?

No comment?

8 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

..To subsequently vote in an individual like Donald 'not a power hungry crook' Trump..  

G*d help us all.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

The right direction is to ban dangerous immigrants and unvetted refugees. That would be the *correct* course of action in a sane society. It's the logical thing to do. It's the moral thing to do.

Would be, if we could agree on who's dangerous. 

For example, Wahabis that your Trump would have dinners with are extremelly dangerous. Average wetback or Helen of Annoy in economic exile isn't. 

In this particular case of seriously mentally troubled young idiot, you can't say someone screwed up with his parents immigration. As far as we can tell from the media, there was nothing extraordinary, extremist or even interesting about his parents. In fact, the kid was indeed integrated, loyal to the country of his birth. 

So this tragedy has more in common with American mass shootings done by frustrated kids, than with terrorism. 

How do you stop people who will have mentally ill children from immigranting?

Psychiatric screening? Sure. What about genetic glitch that gives schizo kid to sane parents from the line of sane ancestors? It happens. 

What about domestic psychos?

You don't stop this, sadly, not even with actual eugenics (which would be the most logical while the least moral thing to do.) 

Yes, she absolutely is. I don't envy you at all. If I was an American, I guess I'd come to conclusion there's no candidate to vote for. I said I guess, because I only observe your situation, I'm not actually in your shoes.  

But, guessing further, I think I'd vote for Hillary only to stop the obvious and complete disaster. It's not hard to decide which of those two evils is lesser.

That ain't gonna happen, sister. Even if NATO is rightly scrapped, the Russians won't make the Americans MAD.

Normally, I love my 'I told you so' moments. This possible future is so repulsive I would gladly truly hope I'm wrong and you're right.

But you're not right.

A serial bankrupter is not responsible or realistic enough for a duty so gravely serious. Of course, there are mechanisms in your country that would limit his geopolitical suicide, but still very serious damage would be done and it would result in war in Europe. Russia will attack if there's split in the West. No matter if it's ideological or out of demonic greed. 

That's not moral thing to do, obviously, but that's not even logical thing to do, because you might stay unbombed but it won't be as profitable as you think.   

*'scuse me for a moment, I feel strong need to wash my hands immediately*

To sum this up:

Firstly, the psycho kid from München was a child of immigrants, but his problem was not caused by his ethnicity.

Secondly, trumpets disgust me lately. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy

The voice of reason returns..

• Like 1

To Munich? 

Everything is connected, but don't you think you digressed a little too far? 

• Like 1

This thread is about what a psychotic individual can do with a firearm.

..We're pretty close to a psychotic individual getting his hands on one of the largest nuclear stock piles, most powerful military apparatus in the world.

There's no doubt that a high percentage of mass murderers have psychological disorders which are exacerbated by prescription drugs. My guess is that the Munich killer fits that profile.

I think - social misfit spending endless hours playing video games - could also be part of his profile -

I saw a friend of the killer's little brother talking about him saying he (the killer) was always on his
computer playing games and neighbours never saw him and said he was a recluse - 

where and through who he got the gun and ammunition from will tell the police a lot - even though he doesn't
fit the usual  terrorist picture I expect they will look into whether there's anyone in the background
giving some assistance with getting the gun etc - giving encouragement - the police would probably
look at the 'far right' as much as Islamists  in regards to that - especially with it being the anniversary of that horrrible
Norway massacre - 

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Russia will attack if there's split in the West. No matter if it's ideological or out of demonic greed. 

Is everyone in your country taught to think like that about Russia --?

In Britain 'they' periodically try to make Putin and Russia out to be the big bad wolf - the bogey man - 
But people here generally don't fall for anti-Russia propaganda -   

• Like 2

21 hours ago, questionmark said:

Spiegel reports that the perpetrator used a hacked Facebook account to lure people he wanted to shoot to McDonalds

that was a very bizarre touch to the whole sorry affair - 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

This thread is about what a psychotic individual can do with a firearm.

..We're pretty close to a psychotic individual getting his hands on one of the largest nuclear stock piles, most powerful military apparatus in the world.

You mean Trump ? Well, you win the drama award for that one.

• Like 3

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 7:33 PM, Not Your Huckleberry said:

Six dead, three suspected gunmen :/

Here's footage purportedly showing one of the incidents outside a McDonald's. Certainly doesn't seem very covert, but I guess the ends were met. 

http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=cdc_1469207830

Note his unusual gait at the beginning.

That type of walking is associated with frontal gait disorder, basically dementia. Dementia is when a progressive decline occurs in the pre-frontal lobes including amongst other things a loss of inhibition and control. While its normally older people who get diagnosed with the disease the first signs can be seen in early adulthood often presenting itself as conduct disorder. I would include depression in that too (difficulty controlling emotions) but due to the rarity of dementia at age 18 I suspect both these slipped under the radar being mistaken for psychological problems. Even worse, they are easily masked in those that do actually have mental health problems going on.

His dementia would have recently taken a sharp decline which is likely if the disease hadn't been picked up upon (meaning no treatment). Out of control rage combined with poor inhibitions and control to stop him acting on it would have led to him going on the rampage.

• Like 1