Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shooting in Munich

OverSword

45 minutes ago, bee said:

Is everyone in your country taught to think like that about Russia --?

In Britain 'they' periodically try to make Putin and Russia out to be the big bad wolf - the bogey man - 
But people here generally don't fall for anti-Russia propaganda -   

No. We don't get taught to think, it comes to us naturally. 

What we are taught is history, and when you combine that knowledge with the current facts, then your futile pro-Russian propaganda becomes even more ridiculous. 

How blind and stupid you were taught to think we are, exactly? 

2 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

No. We don't get taught to think, it comes to us naturally. 

What we are taught is history, and when you combine that knowledge with the current facts, then your futile pro-Russian propaganda becomes even more ridiculous. 

How blind and stupid you were taught to think we are, exactly? 

Good Afternoon Helen --- 

glad we've got that settled then - I think your views on Russia are ridiculous and you think mine are - 

what a surprise - :D

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Note his unusual gait at the beginning.

That type of walking is associated with frontal gait disorder, basically dementia. Dementia is when a progressive decline occurs in the pre-frontal lobes including amongst other things a loss of inhibition and control. While its normally older people who get diagnosed with the disease the first signs can be seen in early adulthood often presenting itself as conduct disorder. I would include depression in that too (difficulty controlling emotions) but due to the rarity of dementia at age 18 I suspect both these slipped under the radar being mistaken for psychological problems. Even worse, they are easily masked in those that do actually have mental health problems going on.

His dementia would have recently taken a sharp decline which is likely if the disease hadn't been picked up upon (meaning no treatment). Out of control rage combined with poor inhibitions and control to stop him acting on it would have led to him going on the rampage.

Could be, but it could be simply drunken/drugged gait. 

The ******* had no courage to act upon his deranged fantasies sober. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phaeton80 said:

This thread is about what a psychotic individual can do with a firearm.

..We're pretty close to a psychotic individual getting his hands on one of the largest nuclear stock piles, most powerful military apparatus in the world.

We're pretty close to one of two psychotic individuals being near the big red button.  Its a done deal that we WILL have a psycho/sociopath 'in charge' of this nation in 2017. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bee said:

Good Afternoon Helen --- 

glad we've got that settled then - I think your views on Russia are ridiculous and you think mine are - 

what a surprise - :D

Good Afternoon, bee

Let me just add that these are my views on political Russia today. I never mix my feelings for the politics of a certain country with my feelings for the population or nature of that country. True Russia is great. Only their perpetual problems are great too. 

In hope I didn't surprise you again

Helen 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

That type of walking is associated with frontal gait disorder, basically dementia. Dementia is when a progressive decline occurs in the pre-frontal lobes including amongst other things a loss of inhibition and control. While its normally older people who get diagnosed with the disease the first signs can be seen in early adulthood often presenting itself as conduct disorder. I would include depression in that too (difficulty controlling emotions) but due to the rarity of dementia at age 18 I suspect both these slipped under the radar being mistaken for psychological problems. Even worse, they are easily masked in those that do actually have mental health problems going on.

His dementia would have recently taken a sharp decline which is likely if the disease hadn't been picked up upon (meaning no treatment). Out of control rage combined with poor inhibitions and control to stop him acting on it would have led to him going on the rampage.

That is an interesting diagnosis. I wonder if that will be the final findings? 

11 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Could be, but it could be simply drunken/drugged gait. 

The ******* had no courage to act upon his deranged fantasies sober. 

Nope, I'm 99% certain its a gait disorder the type that results from neurological problems.

28 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Do you know of any connection between CTE and dementia at a young age ? Not knowing the shooters background its tough to say but i would assume playing soccer is pretty standard for youths in Germany. 

(due to an accident and years of boxing my household is very on edge regarding CTE and its full range of problems) 

10 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Do you know of any connection between CTE and dementia at a young age ? Not knowing the shooters background its tough to say but i would assume playing soccer is pretty standard for youths in Germany. 

(due to an accident and years of boxing my household is very on edge regarding CTE and its full range of problems) 

Yes, there are various causes of degraded pre-frontal lobes - toxins, diseases, injuries, genetics, asphyxia, strokes.

Everyone gets bullied at some point but we don't commit murder because of it. But most of our brains are normal.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

Just now, RabidMongoose said:

Yes, there are various causes of degraded pre-frontal lobes - toxins, diseases, injuries, genetics, asphyxia, strokes.

So then that brings your dementia observation even more into the realm of possibility/probability 

39 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I got quite excited about this post ............... until I looked at the video! How on Earth can you make that 'diagnosis' from a split second of film? Think of the situation from his point of view, he's hardly going to be moving with a relaxed, even gait, is he? Plus, holding a gun with both hands at chest level would upset a person's gait.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

I got quite excited about this post ............... until I looked at the video! How on Earth can you make that 'diagnosis' from a split second of film? Think of the situation from his point of view, he's hardly going to be moving with a relaxed, even gait, is he? Plus, holding a gun with both hands at chest level would upset a person's gait.

I suppose any diagnosis is possible until they've autopsied his brain.

But having just watched the video again its clearly a textbook example of a gait disorder. I'm 99% confident on this one to the point I would put money on it. And lets not forget his history of mental illness and the rampage itself are also evidence of something going on with his brain.

Just now, RabidMongoose said:

I suppose any diagnosis is possible until they've autopsied his brain.

But having just watched the video again its clearly a textbook example of a gait disorder. I'm 99% confident on this one to the point I would put money on it. And lets not forget his history of mental illness and the rampage itself are also evidence of something going on with his brain.

Im no doctor but his gait is definitely a slightly exaggerated version of what happens to me when my MS is flaring - sometimes- neurological disorders are a b**** 

Something definitely was going on with his brain, but I just read one witness said the shooter looked like he's under influence... of drugs or only alcohol or maybe he indeed had some brain issues that made him appear like that... 

48 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Im no doctor but his gait is definitely a slightly exaggerated version of what happens to me when my MS is flaring - sometimes- neurological disorders are a b**** 

People say farming really helps with that too. I have no direct experiences so I don't know, but I hope it does. 

We're derailing the thread again, aren't we? Well, this was urgent. 

• Like 1

Well guys, there is another explanation, both the discussion taped with a neighbor of the shopping center and the McDonald's clip tells me that the guy was expecting some kind of "high" after his actions that did not happen. The typical dog chases a bus, catches it and: what now?

The kid was in treatment for manic depression, not for anything else. And either was treated by idiots or there was no evident and alarming neurosis or psychosis.

I would attribute this more to somebody accustomed to pretty violent computer games expecting the "you won" screen that did not happen.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

You have my sympathy. If its any consolation I walk like a monkey from too many years of going to the gym. My leg muscles are so big if I stand straight they crush my kiwi fruits.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

You have my sympathy. If its any consolation I walk like a monkey from too many years of going to the gym. My leg muscles are so big if I stand straight they crush my kiwi fruits.

Haha at least you dont forget leg day. I cant stand guys who just work the beach muscles! 

16 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Something definitely was going on with his brain, but I just read one witness said the shooter looked like he's under influence... of drugs or only alcohol or maybe he indeed had some brain issues that made him appear like that... 

People say farming really helps with that too. I have no direct experiences so I don't know, but I hope it does. 

We're derailing the thread again, aren't we? Well, this was urgent. 

I am blessed to live in a state where it is legal for medicinal purposes and it has radically improved my quality of life ! 

Sorry OP no more derailments I swear! 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Ha ha... My father in law used to lift, and got huge arms. However now he needs me to lift stuff for him, because of the damage he did to his back. Sometimes being the athlete isn't always the best choice for later in life. :P

ok,  the kid was mentally ill.  He was apparently obsessed with playing violent video games in which he could fantasize about killing people.  I think people who fantasize about killing people  eventually get addicted to that excitement and their desire to kill increases until only they real thing will satisfy the urge.

They found from his computer that he studied mass shootings on-line.  He wanted to try it for himself.

All of that is understandable, in a way.  The only mystery to me is why  CNN immediately  tags in as  a  MUNIC TERROR ATTACK  so people will link it in their minds to all other attacks  and lump them all together as Islamic or ISIS attacks.

If you asked people about the attack, i'd bet a large percentage would respond that it was directly related to ISIS or Islam.

Why does the media do this?   ..simply to keep viewers watching by flashing  MUNIC TERROR ATTACK on our screens?  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lightly said:

ok,  the kid was mentally ill.  He was apparently obsessed with playing violent video games in which he could fantasize about killing people.  I think people who fantasize about killing people  eventually get addicted to that excitement and their desire to kill increases until only they real thing will satisfy the urge.

They found from his computer that he studied mass shootings on-line.  He wanted to try it for himself.

All of that is understandable, in a way.  The only mystery to me is why  CNN immediately  tags in as  a  MUNIC TERROR ATTACK  so people will link it in their minds to all other attacks  and lump them all together as Islamic or ISIS attacks.

If you asked people about the attack, i'd bet a large percentage would respond that it was directly related to ISIS or Islam.

Why does the media do this?   ..simply to keep viewers watching by flashing  MUNIC TERROR ATTACK on our screens?  

Given the reaction of the authorities who immediately dispatched the anti-terror units it is not surprising that they came to that conclusion, in fact all cops and politicians were talking about a terror attack until late at night when it became evident that it was not. So, that is an explanation but certainly not an excuse.

The problem is that in the news business nowadays speed is more important than accuracy, which in itself is sad. And those who take their time and report accurately are going out of business, which is even sadder.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, lightly said:

Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." ----Hermann Goering

This is why 

• Like 3

Munich prosecution office informed that:

• the shooter was in inpatient and outpatient treatment due to anxiety disorder and depression. Related documentations and medicals have been found at his home place but its unknown yet if he took the medicals
  • the police analysed his computer and found a manifest written by him related to the attack and minutiae of it
  • it is supposed that he puchased the gun and ammunition on the dark web
  • further analysis of his computer confimed that he planned the attack for about 1 year. Also, he visted the city of Winnenden/Germany where the Winnenden school shooting took place in 2009 and took pictures of the shooting locations
Edited by toast
typo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

How on Earth can you make that 'diagnosis' from a split second of film?

We call that kitchen psychology here in Germany.

• Like 3

As  one spoke man said its to early to rule out Islamic radicalism,  like where did he get all the guns and gear they had found, in a country where there are gun rules?   

Just now, docyabut2 said:

As  one spoke man said its to early to rule out Islamic radicalism,  like where did he get all the guns and gear they had found, in a country where there are gun rules?   

See post #122.