Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shooting in Munich

OverSword

12 minutes ago, toast said:

See post #122.

No body is going to attack their own native county if they were born unless he was  influenced.   This guy  was of Iranian  decent  and had to be  influenced, 

8 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

No body is going to attack their own native country that they  were born in  unless he was  influenced.   This guy  was of Iranian  decent  and had to be  influenced, 

Edited by docyabut2

6 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

No body is going to attack their own native county if they were born unless he was  influenced.   This guy  was of Iranian  decent  and had to be  influenced, 

Why does the influence necessarily need to be from Islam? 

7 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

The guy was a maniac like all the other guys who perform mass shootings in the public.

• Like 2

No body is going to attack their own native country that they  were born in  unless he was  influenced.   This guy  was of Iranian  decent  and had to be  influenced, and do we know where he was born?

Edited by docyabut2

He was born in Germany to Iranian parents. 

As critical as I am of radical Islam, there doesn't seem to be any connection to it. We know that he had numerous psychological issues and was obsessed with mass shootings. We don't even know if he was a practicing Muslim. This tragedy dealt more with bat**** insanity than anything else. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

He was born in Germany to Iranian parents. 

As critical as I am of radical Islam, there doesn't seem to be any connection to it. We know that he had numerous psychological issues and was obsessed with mass shootings. We don't even know if he was a practicing Muslim. This tragedy dealt more with bat**** insanity than anything else. 

To soon to really find out if  there was no connection

4 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

To soon to really find out if  there was no connection

Born in Germany. As I believe Helen pointed out correctly, this was a classic case of inverted cultural shock. A young man, born in Germany to immigrant parents. Between two worlds. Felt he belongs to Germany on the other hand felt maybe rejected because of his heritage. A struggle within self. At the end he decides to "prove" ( mostly to himself ) that he is a "real German" by taking up a gun and start killing mostly immigrant children and youth which happen to be from Kosovo, Greece, Turkey, Italy. I believe at least five of the victims were muslims.

Also the parents of the man who shot the video from the balcony ( a family from Bosnia ) were injured when the shooter shot at them.

Just a disturbed young man who became a mass murderer. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

...To subsequently vote in an individual like Donald 'not a power hungry crook' Trump..  

G*d help us all.

He's far from perfect, but he beats Clinton. Of course, you likely wouldn't know that from your biased Dutch news outlets.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Would be, if we could agree on who's dangerous. 

For example, Wahabis that your Trump would have dinners with are extremelly dangerous. Average wetback or Helen of Annoy in economic exile isn't. 

In this particular case of seriously mentally troubled young idiot, you can't say someone screwed up with his parents immigration. As far as we can tell from the media, there was nothing extraordinary, extremist or even interesting about his parents. In fact, the kid was indeed integrated, loyal to the country of his birth. 

So this tragedy has more in common with American mass shootings done by frustrated kids, than with terrorism. 

How do you stop people who will have mentally ill children from immigranting?

Psychiatric screening? Sure. What about genetic glitch that gives schizo kid to sane parents from the line of sane ancestors? It happens. 

What about domestic psychos?

You don't stop this, sadly, not even with actual eugenics (which would be the most logical while the least moral thing to do.) 

Yes, she absolutely is. I don't envy you at all. If I was an American, I guess I'd come to conclusion there's no candidate to vote for. I said I guess, because I only observe your situation, I'm not actually in your shoes.  

But, guessing further, I think I'd vote for Hillary only to stop the obvious and complete disaster. It's not hard to decide which of those two evils is lesser.

Normally, I love my 'I told you so' moments. This possible future is so repulsive I would gladly truly hope I'm wrong and you're right.

But you're not right.

A serial bankrupter is not responsible or realistic enough for a duty so gravely serious. Of course, there are mechanisms in your country that would limit his geopolitical suicide, but still very serious damage would be done and it would result in war in Europe. Russia will attack if there's split in the West. No matter if it's ideological or out of demonic greed. 

That's not moral thing to do, obviously, but that's not even logical thing to do, because you might stay unbombed but it won't be as profitable as you think.   

*'scuse me for a moment, I feel strong need to wash my hands immediately*

To sum this up:

Firstly, the psycho kid from München was a child of immigrants, but his problem was not caused by his ethnicity.

Secondly, trumpets disgust me lately. 

Are you remotely serious? Some illegal immigrants and some unvetted refugees are extremely dangerous, as criminals and terrorists prove. I agree that the Munich killer likely had severe mental problems. However, a multitude of terrorists (France, Germany, USA, wherever) did not.

You obviously know nothing about Clinton's record and scandals! If you do, it's very sad. Trump is a much better choice than that crook. Research (key word) her past if you doubt me.

You also have it backwards on NATO. Your unbroken streak continues. Clinton, a horrid neoconservative, would be much more likely to provoke Russia. Perhaps you favor nation-building and regime-changing bullies, but sane people don't.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bee said:

I think - social misfit spending endless hours playing video games - could also be part of his profile -

I saw a friend of the killer's little brother talking about him saying he (the killer) was always on his
computer playing games and neighbours never saw him and said he was a recluse - 

where and through who he got the gun and ammunition from will tell the police a lot - even though he doesn't
fit the usual  terrorist picture I expect they will look into whether there's anyone in the background
giving some assistance with getting the gun etc - giving encouragement - the police would probably
look at the 'far right' as much as Islamists  in regards to that - especially with it being the anniversary of that horrrible
Norway massacre.

I agree with you in that he fits that particular profile. I think that he was more of a psychotic than an extremist or a terrorist. Of course, IS applauds his actions as a matter of course. That comes with the territory these days.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bee said:

Is everyone in your country taught to think like that about Russia --?

In Britain 'they' periodically try to make Putin and Russia out to be the big bad wolf - the bogey man - 
But people here generally don't fall for anti-Russia propaganda -   

Let's compare body counts. How many people, in Europe and the Middle East, did the American military and NATO forces kill since the Balkans crisis? Russia doesn't look like much of a threat when you do that. In fact, Putin has shown great restraint, and I say that as a big fan of Ronald Reagan's handling of the moral Cold War.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

The voice of reason returns..

Oh, you leftists get your "news" from these two clowns. That explains a lot. :lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LV-426 said:

I take it that the perpetrators aren't White rightists. The Germans *must* kick Merkle to the curb!

Been watching the news..all about the suicide bomber.....never mentioned this one tho

Syrian refugee, 21, hacks PREGNANT woman to death with a machete and injures two others before hero BMW driver runs him over, in latest attack to shock Germany

Syrian refugee, aged 21, went on a machete rampage in the city Reutlingen, Germany near to a doner kebab stand
    He killed one woman and injured a man and another woman in the attack before being detained by the police
    The motive for the attack is unclear but it has been reported he had a dispute with the woman before he killed her

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3705823/Machete-wielding-attacker-kills-woman-injures-two-new-German-outrage.html#ixzz4FNtDFCI6

• Like 1

Meanwhile, smothered by the usual headlines ...

80 dead in Islamic State suicide bombing in Kabul

Stanglin_Doug.png Doug Stanglin, USA TODAY 3:59 p.m. EDT July 23, 2016

~

• Like 2

Hey, not MY backyard, right? 

Terrible stuff, but the usual suspects couldn't care less unless it's one visible group pitted against the other. 

Welcome to America. 

• Like 1

Yes, most Jihadist violence kills other innocent Muslims. It's only truly newsworthy though if there is a westerner involved in the body count... then there is a "clash of cultures".

4 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Yes, most Jihadist violence kills other innocent Muslims. It's only truly newsworthy though if there is a westerner involved in the body count... then there is a "clash of cultures".

There would be no clash of culture in Western countries if the muslims living here were all like your own Tarek Fatah -

I wish we had a brave public figure like Tarek Fatah in Britain who was willing to be honest and promote real integration -

• Like 2

Theres a connection between the suicide attack and this one, the two boys or males met before

Police say a Syrian asylum-seeker killed a woman with a machete and wounded two others outside a bus station in the southwestern German city of Reutlingen before being arrested. Police spokesman Bjoern Reusch said in a statement Sunday that witnesses said the 21-year-old man, who was known to police, was having an argument with the woman before attacking her about 4:30 p.m.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/report-man-kills-woman-machete-germany-arrested-40834801?yptr=yahoo

15 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

He's far from perfect, but he beats Clinton. Of course, you likely wouldn't know that from your biased Dutch news outlets.

Score! So tell me PP, what exactly makes Trump beat Clinton? His brilliant wall idea, proposing to murder the families of terrorists, banning all Muslims.. what?

It seems to me you are (once again) forced to choose between a serving of ass dripped spareribs and shitswirled pancakes. Lo and behold, instead of calling them how they are; you and people like your fine self actually start to defend one of the two sh*tstorms like it was your hero. "Oh he might be a narcissistic deluded moron, but he's OUR narcissistic deluded moron, and he beats the other corrupt creep!" Fascinating, prime social study material.

I hope the megalomaniac you selected will be everything you hope him to be. 'Change!' 

*..Then again, maybe good ol' Trump will make it that the US will engage in a certain level of isolationalist policy.. which makes it possible for at least a few years of no 'well meant' interventions in the ME, or anywhere else for that matter. Plus, the man is more or less the personification of the up side down crazyness that is the USA these days, what better commander in chief than a crazed egotistical airheaded cowboy with unsurpassed illusions of grandeur? And, in that light, a wall might turn our pretty well; keeping all the yahoo's IN. The media just needs to keep reminding you how the US is the light of civilization, and the rest o/t world consists of formerly civilized countries overwashed by Hordes Of Evil Muslims Who Hate Us For Our Freedom™, all planned by The Axis Of Evil® taking revenge for The War On Terror©.

Oh and PS; Im not limited to Dutch news outlets, like you are to the American / English variant, ma'am.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

choose between a serving of ass dripped spareribs and shitswirled pancakes

Well, I don't know about the politics, but that's put me off my dinner... :cry:

• Like 1